Sporty and Comfortable, Bad Visibility
By seasidemom on
2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Rear visibility and rear side visibility out the little rear corner windows is just awful. The head rests are so big it is hard to see looking back. The moonroof/sunroof cover does not retract fully to provide full view of opening. The CVT engine is definitely noisy even when you are just accelerating around town. Very bothersome. I am used to not hearing such a noisy engine. Once you have accelerated and are at cruising speed it is fine, but getting there is loud. I will say that driving the Roque is fun, and comfortable and sporty and zippy. I really do like driving it on the highway, around winding roads and everywhere. If not for the noise and esp. the visibility, it would be great.
Favorite Features
I love the Intelligent keys. The downside is, the car comes with 2 keys and if you want more they are $100 or so each, and if you loose a key they have to get you all new ones at the same time and have to recode them all. I think the rear cargo area is good sized, esp, since this is a smaller car. I put the back seats down and got a huge tree in there, along with a bunch of other stuff. Interior is good sized but feels small, like a cave due to all the dark fabric.
Suggested Improvements
Another reviewer said this too:here is a ton of rain noise and spray hitting under the car near the passenger side of car. It sounds like a window is down, or there is a hole in the car b/c the road noise is so loud. This problem should be resolved. I think this car is going to get scratched up and beat up pretty easily. There are no side strips to keep cars from hitting you in the parking lot. Just a thin silver strip that looks good, non-functional. My old Jeep had a strip of rubbery material that kept bumping doors away. Interior choices for 2011 were black and light gray. Both awful, gray shows every dirt mark, while the black material shows sand and every white speck.