Nissan delivers with the 2011 Rogue
By metalskeleton on
2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I have the SL package (nav, leather, roof rails, fog lights, etc.). I bought my Rogue used about 8 months ago with fairly high freeway miles. I absolutely love this car! Acceleration is much better than I expected for a 4 cylinder and it has no problem powering up hills. The steering is remarkably agile and responsive for a small SUV and really is confidence-inspiring. Interior is sharp, clean and VERY comfortable. At this price point, you shouldn't expect a car to be silent, smooth, and a sharp steerer, but the Rogue balances these tasks impressively. CVT is somewhat noisy, but who cares?! Crank some tunes and enjoy the ride. I have nearly 80K miles now, and it still drives wonderfully!
Favorite Features
Looks awesome, especially in black with tinted glass, chrome accents, xenons & new rim style. Touch-screen nav and integrated iPod system is fantastic, as is the backup camera (given limited rear visibility). SL package includes a premium Bose speaker system, which sounds phenomenal. Heated leather seats are almost too comfortable; makes me sleepy on long drives! I'm around 6'4" and I have plenty of room. I love having keyless entry & ignition (this is my first car with it). Steering wheel controls are quite handy and the Bluetooth works great (though the interface is a bit convoluted). Rear compartment becomes quite roomy with the rear seats folded down. Great mix of function and comfort!
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage has been lower than I'd hoped, but I am admittedly a somewhat aggressive driver. Very cold weather in Ohio this winter seems to have contributed to a drop in my average MPG from the summer (~21 in mostly city driving). Just about everything I would change about this vehicle has been with the 2014 model: Power lift gate, sliding/reclining rear seats, bird's eye view display, interior air vents, panoramic sunroof. They've even managed to bump up the MPG to 25/32, which would be awesome. Bottom line: There's nothing I hate about this car!