I felt comfortable the first time I drove it....
By jcnninin on
2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought a used 2011 Rogue with 28,000 miles on it, a "program car" in excellent shape. I test drove the Honda CR-V, RAV4, Altima, and brand new Rogues, but for some reason when I drove this one, it felt like "my car." It just fit. The ride is nice and smooth even with the 4-cylinder (I'm used to driving full-sized V-8's). It has quick response in the 25-45 MPH range that makes moving around in traffic very easy. I guess you could call it "nimble." Gas mileage is very good, but not great. After driving 900 miles (mostly city driving), I'm getting about 24.2 MPG. I have XM satellite radio, which rocks. More roomy inside than it looks. All in all, I love it.
Favorite Features
XM statellite radio. I live in a small town and I can listen to jazz and blues instead of country. I thought if the radio didn't sound all that great, I would upgrade later, but I won't have to because it sounds great. I love the Bluetooth on the steering wheel. People I talk to on it say they can hear me very clearly. I didn't want to pay for leather upholstery and moon roof because they're not worth it to me. I have the upgraded uphostery and the seats are very comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
The USB connection is in a weird place - at the bottom of the center console. The second power plug is down there, too. MP3 doesn't sound all that good. I plugged in my iPod and the sound was echo-y and unbalanced. May be my iPod, though. Center arm rest for the back seats would be a nice addition. You can seat three passengers back there, but I wouldn't recommend it for a long trip. Don't hear the transmission "drone" that some people have complained about, but a little more sound-proofing under the hood and firewall would quiet the engine noise a bit. It's not obnoxious, but I notice it.