Used 2011 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Fantastic!
By aesgemini529

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There isn't much I don't love about this car. I've had it for 8 months now and I have the SV/SL "everything" package. The leather is nice, my friend says the seats are more comfortable than in her CR-V. I'm slightly disappointed with the gas mileage, but I have a lead foot (20/22 city with AC in Texas heat, 28 tops highway). I went from a 2000 Cavalier, so I really love sitting up higher, and the sunroof and back-up cam are must haves.

It is very quiet, and it doesn't feel too large unlike some others in the category. Accessories feel high-quality, not cheap.

Touch screen Radio/Nav. That was biggest selling point over others that were a scroll system. Sunroof, XM, Heated seats (yes, even in Texas)

Push Button start. I have keyless start/entry, but if that key ever dies there is no place to charge unlike the Altimas or other models which have a charging port. They say the battery lasts forever but I don't want to have to buy another $150+ key or take it apart every time I want to start it in the event it does die.

2500 Mile Mark - Update
By rogueman41

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 2500 miles, I'm still enjoying my Rogue.
Finally getting used to the CVT.
It could use a little more power.
It scoots around town just fine.
Passing and entrance ramps are another story.
Maybe with the next re-design, they will address that issue.
If they would just figure out a diesel option for this vehicle, the low end torque would be awesome.
Ride is just ok for a crossover....many times you can tell you're in an entry level vehicle (although it really doesn't LOOK entry level).
I get a lot of complements on it.
But you can usually hear and/or feel small road imperfections.
Gas mileage has been right around 25mpg (combined city/hwy).

Bluetooth system sounds great (both inside the car and to whoever you're talking to). Xenon headlamps are great. Backup camera is helpful, but no rear park assist? Nav is handy, although the map data is out dated. Ride is decent, fuel economy is good, interior is comfortable. All around, a really nice package.

Bluetooth interface needs updating, as does the Nav maps....WAY out of date. There's a back up camera, but no rear park assist...weird to have a camera, but nothing that beeps at you if you get close to something. No rear seat arm rest...really Nissan? Come on, that's a cheap thing to add. Definitely needs to add a larger or panoramic moonroof to keep up with the competition. This would be a great little crossover to add a diesel engine option to. Perfect size, and the added torque and fuel economy would be awesome.

Good Gas Mileage And Features For The Money.
By moparmanttc

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have this model rogue which is the two wheel drive s-model for a month and a half. It has been great so far the front seats are comfortable and the ride is pretty good. We took it on a trip and managed to get 29.5 miles to the gallon and that is with the air conditioning on. With the seats down cargo room is really good. You get a lot of features with the s model front wheel drive. You will find the price hard to beat especially if you try to get and American made vehicle which you will have to shell out $3000 to $6000 more to try and match the rogue.

Traction and stability control. Front seat comfort. Leg room. Power standard options. Ride height.

Sound dampening in the rear especially when it rains you will hear the water hitting against the fender wells.

Love the Rogue
By car_lady

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven Ford vehicle for most of my driving life and I test drove an Ford Edge, felt like I was driving a mini-van and the Ford Escape, felt like I was driving a truck. So, next I test drove a Hyundai Tuscon, actually several times, and just could not get comfortable driving it.
The sales person suggested I try the Nissian Rogue. When I first saw it I loved the body style and then I test drove it and I was conformtable driving it because it felt like I was driving a car.
I am come up on 16,000 miles and have not had a problem with it. Great gas mileage and handling in the snow. Great sound system and all around great car.
Love the back up camera and of course the sun roof.

Sun roof, IPod docking station, NAV system. I like the hatchback with the folding sits. I love driving my Rogue and would recommend to anyone looking for a compact SUV that drives like a car.

I wish it had dual climant control, a panoramic sunroof, wiperblade defrosters, standard cargo net, door pockets that fit waterbottles. The blind spot on the driver's side had to install a 360 mirror so I could see better without having to turn my whole body. Automatic hatch lift gate would also be nice.

New Rogue Owner
By rogueman41

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At the 500 mile mark, I'm happy to report I'm enjoying it so far.
Comfortable ride for the most part....may be harsh for some.
You do hear most imperfections in the roads and it's kind of noisy on wet pavement.
Decent acceleration.
Sharp handling with speed sensitive steering.
Easy to maneuver and move in and out of traffic.
CVT is cool, but takes some getting used to.
SL Package added a lot of great features, although the Nav system data is way out of date.
Intelligent key is cool, but beware if Nissan installs an aftermarket remote car starter for you.
The engine will shut off if you open the doors after starting with remote starter.

Intelligent key, XM radio, Nav, Bluetooth. iPod control through the factory system. Huge glove box. All service points in the engine compartment are easily accessible. Adjustable Xenon headlamps are a nice touch as well.

Bluetooth phone takes a long time to say your command for phonebook entries. You cannot talk over the prompts, you have to wait for the beep. Annoying. Should have Bluetooth streaming audio available as well. Trip computer is nice, but should have controls on the steering wheel, instead of having to reach through the wheel to the dash. No center armrest for rear seat passengers. Needs a telescopic steering wheel. Driver side window controls are too far back. I keep rolling down the back windows. Blind spots are huge...needs bigger side mirrors or a blindspot detection system. A larger nav screen and more intuitive nav system would be nice, too.