Used 2011 Nissan Rogue SV SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I felt comfortable the first time I drove it....
By jcnninin

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2011 Rogue with 28,000 miles on it, a "program car" in excellent shape. I test drove the Honda CR-V, RAV4, Altima, and brand new Rogues, but for some reason when I drove this one, it felt like "my car." It just fit. The ride is nice and smooth even with the 4-cylinder (I'm used to driving full-sized V-8's). It has quick response in the 25-45 MPH range that makes moving around in traffic very easy. I guess you could call it "nimble." Gas mileage is very good, but not great. After driving 900 miles (mostly city driving), I'm getting about 24.2 MPG. I have XM satellite radio, which rocks. More roomy inside than it looks. All in all, I love it.

XM statellite radio. I live in a small town and I can listen to jazz and blues instead of country. I thought if the radio didn't sound all that great, I would upgrade later, but I won't have to because it sounds great. I love the Bluetooth on the steering wheel. People I talk to on it say they can hear me very clearly. I didn't want to pay for leather upholstery and moon roof because they're not worth it to me. I have the upgraded uphostery and the seats are very comfortable.

The USB connection is in a weird place - at the bottom of the center console. The second power plug is down there, too. MP3 doesn't sound all that good. I plugged in my iPod and the sound was echo-y and unbalanced. May be my iPod, though. Center arm rest for the back seats would be a nice addition. You can seat three passengers back there, but I wouldn't recommend it for a long trip. Don't hear the transmission "drone" that some people have complained about, but a little more sound-proofing under the hood and firewall would quiet the engine noise a bit. It's not obnoxious, but I notice it.

Very Impressed after 15K miles
By jmg1977

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is actually my wife's car, but I am often "allowed" to drive it. We also use it on long trips from North Carolina to the midwest. Since purchased, it has had absolutely no problems or defects whatsoever, a first for any car I have ever purchased new. The fuel economy is excellent in city driving (25) and decent on the highway (30). Like the interior and exterior styling. Plenty of leg room, even in the back, for its size. Fit and finish is good, and it performs well for only having a 4 cylinder motor. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a good midsized SUV that gets sedan mileage.

Interior and exterior appearance, MPG, quality build

It is a bit noisy on the highway. The seat headrests are a bit uncomfortable with only limited adjustments.

Good Vehicle
By navetx

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My SL Rogue is a very good vehicle. I bought it for a daily driver but wanted it loaded. While it has almost everything, it really needs a home link option, a rubber pad for the left foot rest and a bigger screen for the nav/back up display. Other than those issues, the Rogue delivers. It's very quiet for a small SUV, and cruzes well on the highway. Also, after 10,000 miles in 6 months, I'm getting over 25 combined city/highway mileage.

Fantastic!
By aesgemini529

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There isn't much I don't love about this car. I've had it for 8 months now and I have the SV/SL "everything" package. The leather is nice, my friend says the seats are more comfortable than in her CR-V. I'm slightly disappointed with the gas mileage, but I have a lead foot (20/22 city with AC in Texas heat, 28 tops highway). I went from a 2000 Cavalier, so I really love sitting up higher, and the sunroof and back-up cam are must haves. It is very quiet, and it doesn't feel too large unlike some others in the category. Accessories feel high-quality, not cheap.

Touch screen Radio/Nav. That was biggest selling point over others that were a scroll system. Sunroof, XM, Heated seats (yes, even in Texas)

Push Button start. I have keyless start/entry, but if that key ever dies there is no place to charge unlike the Altimas or other models which have a charging port. They say the battery lasts forever but I don't want to have to buy another $150+ key or take it apart every time I want to start it in the event it does die.

SO HAPPY!!
By laurenxsaysx

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my nissan. It has way more to offer for the price than the chev equinox. You definitely want the backup camara, it helps out a lot. Its prefect for my family. I have 2 large dogs whom fit just right in the hatchback space (a third medium dog fits too). A lot of legroom in the backseats (which fold down flat). If i could do it all over again, i would still buy this car but i would pay more for the AWD. The stock tires handle well in snow and rain from my past experience with a kia. However, rogue is very light weight so the wind can push it around pretty easily. I get 23 MPG city and 29-30 mpg highway.

comfort, stylish, cargo space, versatility, backup camera, interior quality

add navigation to the sv

• SUV