2011 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
I felt comfortable the first time I drove it....
By jcnninin on 09/30/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2011 Rogue with 28,000 miles on it, a "program car" in excellent shape. I test drove the Honda CR-V, RAV4, Altima, and brand new Rogues, but for some reason when I drove this one, it felt like "my car." It just fit. The ride is nice and smooth even with the 4-cylinder (I'm used to driving full-sized V-8's). It has quick response in the 25-45 MPH range that makes moving around in traffic very easy. I guess you could call it "nimble." Gas mileage is very good, but not great. After driving 900 miles (mostly city driving), I'm getting about 24.2 MPG. I have XM satellite radio, which rocks. More roomy inside than it looks. All in all, I love it.

Very Impressed after 15K miles
By jmg1977 on 07/04/12 15:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is actually my wife's car, but I am often "allowed" to drive it. We also use it on long trips from North Carolina to the midwest. Since purchased, it has had absolutely no problems or defects whatsoever, a first for any car I have ever purchased new. The fuel economy is excellent in city driving (25) and decent on the highway (30). Like the interior and exterior styling. Plenty of leg room, even in the back, for its size. Fit and finish is good, and it performs well for only having a 4 cylinder motor. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a good midsized SUV that gets sedan mileage.

Good Vehicle
By navetx on 11/20/11 17:33 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My SL Rogue is a very good vehicle. I bought it for a daily driver but wanted it loaded. While it has almost everything, it really needs a home link option, a rubber pad for the left foot rest and a bigger screen for the nav/back up display. Other than those issues, the Rogue delivers. It's very quiet for a small SUV, and cruzes well on the highway. Also, after 10,000 miles in 6 months, I'm getting over 25 combined city/highway mileage.

Fantastic!
By aesgemini529 on 08/01/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There isn't much I don't love about this car. I've had it for 8 months now and I have the SV/SL "everything" package. The leather is nice, my friend says the seats are more comfortable than in her CR-V. I'm slightly disappointed with the gas mileage, but I have a lead foot (20/22 city with AC in Texas heat, 28 tops highway). I went from a 2000 Cavalier, so I really love sitting up higher, and the sunroof and back-up cam are must haves. It is very quiet, and it doesn't feel too large unlike some others in the category. Accessories feel high-quality, not cheap.

SO HAPPY!!
By laurenxsaysx on 05/22/11 17:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my nissan. It has way more to offer for the price than the chev equinox. You definitely want the backup camara, it helps out a lot. Its prefect for my family. I have 2 large dogs whom fit just right in the hatchback space (a third medium dog fits too). A lot of legroom in the backseats (which fold down flat). If i could do it all over again, i would still buy this car but i would pay more for the AWD. The stock tires handle well in snow and rain from my past experience with a kia. However, rogue is very light weight so the wind can push it around pretty easily. I get 23 MPG city and 29-30 mpg highway.

Nissan Rocks
By smooches1 on 03/06/11 12:35 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just want to say I LOVE NISSAN!! I have owned a used 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE, a new 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE, a new 2004 Pathfinder SE and a new 2007 Nissan Xterra. Once I started with Nissan I have never left. In 2010, I was ready for another trade in and needed a vehicle with good gas mileage and not to low to the ground ( I am a six foot female). I researched the Rogue and then test drove it and I was in love. I have owned my 2011 for 5 months now and I love her. I fill up the tank twice a month compared to every 4-5 days with my xterra. She grips the road and highways like a dream. 4-cylinder CVT transmission took a little getting use to as I have been driving V6 for over 10 yrs.

Enjoying the ride
By lynnv17 on 03/05/11 22:12 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2 1/2 month review. Wasn't sure at first because of vibration at low speeds, which is a fuel saving function of the cvt. After breakin, it's much smoother. Love the smooth ride on the highway. One annoying thing, during rain, it's noisy, almost like you've left a window open in back. Getting great gas milage. I was careful to follow the break-in suggestions and average over 26 mpg in city, approx 29 hwy. Love the interior. Seats are comfortable. Handles well and is pretty fun to drive. The cargo area is small, but not really an issue since I can lower back seats when I need to carry more stuff. I'm happy with my little suv...when it's not raining.

What it's missing
By texasholly on 02/19/11 11:52 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car about a month ago and I just hit 1,000 miles. averaging 22.8 MPG and I drive 45 HWY miles to work 5 days aweek. I thought I would get better gas milege... its fun to drive and I love it but it lacks in rear visibility, the backup camera is a MUST, but It's difficult to use if you're not used to it. switching lanes is a challenge as well, a small car would be difficult to see and miss... I hope this gets better the longer I have the car. I would buy this car again.

Love my Rogue
By golfer4000 on 01/23/11 20:18 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded an07 camry hybrid for the Rogue SV with premium package and I coulnt be happier,Paid as much for the camry as the Rogue but got Xenon lights leather int. moon roof navi,backup camera and more with the Rogue it is also quieter better handling has better visibility and more fun to drive.I would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV,its well worth a look,I,m glad I did .I especially like the backup cam.,the looks and fit and finish.I would sugest the addition of an interior hatch release

Just What I Wanted!
By vagentleman on 01/22/11 13:45 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my FWD 2011 Rogue SV for almost 3 weeks and I love it! I was driving an Infinity I30 and was looking for more versatility, better gas mileage, comfort and other amenities and found it all with the Rogue. After the 1st week of city driving I was ready to take it back to the dealer to fix the fuel gauge, I had driven 127 miles and it was still on full! Finally, it began to move - not broken, just good mileage! I find the driving experience to be very responsive. It is certainly as comfortable over rough pavement as my Infinity, gets better gas mileage and uses regular gas! I got the SL package and love the back-up camera; leather, heated seats.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*