Used 2011 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Super Comfy
By Brenda

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have only had this car for a month and so far I love the seats and the comfort of the interior. It has a bigger engine than my Mazda CX-5 but the gas mileage is terrible. I am getting 17.5 city and maxed out at 26.5 on a short road trip. What!?! Oh and the backup camera is useless during the day. So much glare on the screen I can't even see it. So that coupled with the blind spots you'd better get used to craning your neck. Oh and the gear shifter gets stuck in park sometimes. It was fine the first week, the second week was stuck every single time. And now seems to be fine again.

STAY AWAY!!!
By Tom Olzak

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with 38000 miles on it. I drive about 12000 miles a year and have had the car a bit longer then 2 years and the transmission needs replaced (there are 64000 miles on the car) The initial warranty expired after 60000 miles. The Rogue's transmission was problematic for years 2002-2010 to the point that there was a class action suite filed against Nissan and as a result they extended the warranty on the transmission for those years to 120000 miles. I was happy with the car till this. Never again will I buy another Nissan or any car with the CVT transmission.....

CVT Transmission is awful!!!
By Nellie

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used Rogue a little over a year ago. It had 45,000 miles on it. The transmission started making a weird whining noise this summer. I googled the issues and was shocked to see the list of issues with the CVT transmission. I ended up bringing it into to Nissan and was told that sometimes with the heat the CVT transmissions will whine but to have the fluid levels checked often. It did stop whining when it got colder and I have the fluid levels checked when I get my oil changed. Well today out of no where my transmission went.
I wish I had researched a little more before buying this vehicle. A quick search will show pages of complaints on these transmission. It's a clear problem. Don't buy!!

11 rogue
By Wayne

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

3rd nissan, GREAT ride
By MG

2011 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a '99 Maxima, a 2009 Altima, and now a 2011 Rogue Krom AWD edition. All my Nissans have been great vehicles. The Rogue has been my favorite, as living in New England an AWD vehicle is a must. The ride is extremely smooth and often pasengers ask if it's even on when at a stop. I bought this car used with 47,000 on it from a 1 lease owner. 3 years later I'm at 102,000 miles with nothing more than regular oil changes. I just had the breaks done and will put new tires soon as winter approaching. But After 3 years, that's not bad at all. The car is great on gas, and has an extremely comfortable interior from front to back. Lots of space in trunk area, just overall a great ride if you want an SUV without the big engine/big gas expense. I would compair the ride almost identical to that of the Altima, but with AWD. GREAT car for sure