2011 Nissan Rogue SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2011 Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Sort Reviews by

I felt comfortable the first time I drove it....
By jcnninin

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2011 Rogue with 28,000 miles on it, a "program car" in excellent shape. I test drove the Honda CR-V, RAV4, Altima, and brand new Rogues, but for some reason when I drove this one, it felt like "my car." It just fit. The ride is nice and smooth even with the 4-cylinder (I'm used to driving full-sized V-8's). It has quick response in the 25-45 MPH range that makes moving around in traffic very easy. I guess you could call it "nimble." Gas mileage is very good, but not great. After driving 900 miles (mostly city driving), I'm getting about 24.2 MPG. I have XM satellite radio, which rocks. More roomy inside than it looks. All in all, I love it.

Favorite Features

XM statellite radio. I live in a small town and I can listen to jazz and blues instead of country. I thought if the radio didn't sound all that great, I would upgrade later, but I won't have to because it sounds great. I love the Bluetooth on the steering wheel. People I talk to on it say they can hear me very clearly. I didn't want to pay for leather upholstery and moon roof because they're not worth it to me. I have the upgraded uphostery and the seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The USB connection is in a weird place - at the bottom of the center console. The second power plug is down there, too. MP3 doesn't sound all that good. I plugged in my iPod and the sound was echo-y and unbalanced. May be my iPod, though. Center arm rest for the back seats would be a nice addition. You can seat three passengers back there, but I wouldn't recommend it for a long trip. Don't hear the transmission "drone" that some people have complained about, but a little more sound-proofing under the hood and firewall would quiet the engine noise a bit. It's not obnoxious, but I notice it.

Very Impressed after 15K miles
By jmg1977

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is actually my wife's car, but I am often "allowed" to drive it. We also use it on long trips from North Carolina to the midwest. Since purchased, it has had absolutely no problems or defects whatsoever, a first for any car I have ever purchased new. The fuel economy is excellent in city driving (25) and decent on the highway (30). Like the interior and exterior styling. Plenty of leg room, even in the back, for its size. Fit and finish is good, and it performs well for only having a 4 cylinder motor. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a good midsized SUV that gets sedan mileage.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior appearance, MPG, quality build

Suggested Improvements

It is a bit noisy on the highway. The seat headrests are a bit uncomfortable with only limited adjustments.

Good Vehicle
By navetx

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My SL Rogue is a very good vehicle. I bought it for a daily driver but wanted it loaded. While it has almost everything, it really needs a home link option, a rubber pad for the left foot rest and a bigger screen for the nav/back up display. Other than those issues, the Rogue delivers. It's very quiet for a small SUV, and cruzes well on the highway. Also, after 10,000 miles in 6 months, I'm getting over 25 combined city/highway mileage.

Fantastic!
By aesgemini529

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There isn't much I don't love about this car. I've had it for 8 months now and I have the SV/SL "everything" package. The leather is nice, my friend says the seats are more comfortable than in her CR-V. I'm slightly disappointed with the gas mileage, but I have a lead foot (20/22 city with AC in Texas heat, 28 tops highway). I went from a 2000 Cavalier, so I really love sitting up higher, and the sunroof and back-up cam are must haves. It is very quiet, and it doesn't feel too large unlike some others in the category. Accessories feel high-quality, not cheap.

Favorite Features

Touch screen Radio/Nav. That was biggest selling point over others that were a scroll system. Sunroof, XM, Heated seats (yes, even in Texas)

Suggested Improvements

Push Button start. I have keyless start/entry, but if that key ever dies there is no place to charge unlike the Altimas or other models which have a charging port. They say the battery lasts forever but I don't want to have to buy another $150+ key or take it apart every time I want to start it in the event it does die.

SO HAPPY!!
By laurenxsaysx

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my nissan. It has way more to offer for the price than the chev equinox. You definitely want the backup camara, it helps out a lot. Its prefect for my family. I have 2 large dogs whom fit just right in the hatchback space (a third medium dog fits too). A lot of legroom in the backseats (which fold down flat). If i could do it all over again, i would still buy this car but i would pay more for the AWD. The stock tires handle well in snow and rain from my past experience with a kia. However, rogue is very light weight so the wind can push it around pretty easily. I get 23 MPG city and 29-30 mpg highway.

Favorite Features

comfort, stylish, cargo space, versatility, backup camera, interior quality

Suggested Improvements

add navigation to the sv

Nissan Rocks
By smooches1

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just want to say I LOVE NISSAN!! I have owned a used 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE, a new 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE, a new 2004 Pathfinder SE and a new 2007 Nissan Xterra. Once I started with Nissan I have never left. In 2010, I was ready for another trade in and needed a vehicle with good gas mileage and not to low to the ground ( I am a six foot female). I researched the Rogue and then test drove it and I was in love. I have owned my 2011 for 5 months now and I love her. I fill up the tank twice a month compared to every 4-5 days with my xterra. She grips the road and highways like a dream. 4-cylinder CVT transmission took a little getting use to as I have been driving V6 for over 10 yrs.

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof, navigational system and my ipod interface. I was a little upset about the one CD changer until I realized all my CD's were on my ipod!! DUH! :), so I do not use the CD changer at all.

Suggested Improvements

right not I am extremely happy with my Rogue,

Enjoying the ride
By lynnv17

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2 1/2 month review. Wasn't sure at first because of vibration at low speeds, which is a fuel saving function of the cvt. After breakin, it's much smoother. Love the smooth ride on the highway. One annoying thing, during rain, it's noisy, almost like you've left a window open in back. Getting great gas milage. I was careful to follow the break-in suggestions and average over 26 mpg in city, approx 29 hwy. Love the interior. Seats are comfortable. Handles well and is pretty fun to drive. The cargo area is small, but not really an issue since I can lower back seats when I need to carry more stuff. I'm happy with my little suv...when it's not raining.

Favorite Features

Back up camera and satellite radio. Steering wheel function buttons. Favorite feature is blue tooth. Also, love the intelligent key feature.

Suggested Improvements

It's a little noisy in rain and over rougher roads. I wish the power seats had one more option...to tilt the seating area just a bit. And if you have long legs, you need monkey arms because of the lack of telescoping steering wheel. I've gotten used to it but at first it was hard to find a comfortable combination.

What it's missing
By texasholly

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car about a month ago and I just hit 1,000 miles. averaging 22.8 MPG and I drive 45 HWY miles to work 5 days aweek. I thought I would get better gas milege... its fun to drive and I love it but it lacks in rear visibility, the backup camera is a MUST, but It's difficult to use if you're not used to it. switching lanes is a challenge as well, a small car would be difficult to see and miss... I hope this gets better the longer I have the car. I would buy this car again.

Favorite Features

keyless entry is really nice. car feels classy and the leather interior looks great. Love the automatic headlights. Exterior of car is well done as well... looks fantastic, not trendy but classic. leather wrapped sterring wheel is comfortable and pretty. I bought the Pearl white with black leather enterior.

Suggested Improvements

REAR VISIBILITY. arm rest is a bit far back and uncomfortable when(it you're short). does not have a cubby hole in the dash under the radio area for additional storage. back seat does not have an arm rest or air vents. navigation does not speak the street names and you can not change it while you are driving (what is a passenger wanted to use it?) inside of car needs a button to open the back hatch. location of seat warmer buttons is odd...sometimes I accidentally hit it. I also drive 45 hwy miles to work 5 days aweek and car tells me I'm only averaging 22.8 MPG. I would also like the steeringwheel button for xm to go through ALL of the XM channels, not just the ones that i have programmed.

Love my Rogue
By golfer4000

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded an07 camry hybrid for the Rogue SV with premium package and I coulnt be happier,Paid as much for the camry as the Rogue but got Xenon lights leather int. moon roof navi,backup camera and more with the Rogue it is also quieter better handling has better visibility and more fun to drive.I would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV,its well worth a look,I,m glad I did .I especially like the backup cam.,the looks and fit and finish.I would sugest the addition of an interior hatch release

Just What I Wanted!
By vagentleman

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my FWD 2011 Rogue SV for almost 3 weeks and I love it! I was driving an Infinity I30 and was looking for more versatility, better gas mileage, comfort and other amenities and found it all with the Rogue. After the 1st week of city driving I was ready to take it back to the dealer to fix the fuel gauge, I had driven 127 miles and it was still on full! Finally, it began to move - not broken, just good mileage! I find the driving experience to be very responsive. It is certainly as comfortable over rough pavement as my Infinity, gets better gas mileage and uses regular gas! I got the SL package and love the back-up camera; leather, heated seats.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry and ignition. Appearance - one of the best looking crossovers on the road! Back-up camera, Trip computer-everything you could want to know! Navigation system is easy to operate

Suggested Improvements

Surprised it still doesn't offer a locking gas compartment. Nor, as far as I can tell, does Nissan offer a locking gas cap. Wish it offered a homelink garage door opener. The manual provides instructions for setting up homelink, operated from the rearview mirror but, again, as far as I can tell, Nissan does not offer this option for the Rogue. Telescoping steering wheel - most of the competition does offer this (to be honest, I have it on another car and aside from fiddling with it when I first got it, I've never adjusted it since, even though my wife and I both drive the car and I'm 6' and she's 5'4"!) Miss my memory seats but not enough to pay the additional thousands for a Murano.