Used 2011 Nissan Rogue S Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

You Get What You Pay For
By Selena

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in 2013 used with 50,000 miles on it from one owner for 12k. I change the oil on it every 3,000 miles and do a yearly general maintenance (not including repairs... of which I do plenty).

Pros: (1) Accelerates quickly, (2) brakes quickly and well, (3) handles tight curves well when driving, (4) good size for a crossover, (5) big trunk.

Cons: (1) I’ve had a transmission problem for about 2 years now (at 60,000 miles)- I blame the Continuous Variable Transmission… the car basically stops accelerating whenever I go steadily over 65 MPH- which is really dangerous on busy highways, and has become a huge problem for me especially after I hit 90,000 miles, (2) for a 2011 car, the insides are the bare minimum- it doesn’t have USB ports or electric seat adjustments, (3) seats aren't that comfortable and backseat passengers tend to feel squished, (4) it’s a gas guzzler- it has a low MPG and a 15.9 gallon tank so I’m constantly filling it up, (5) poor driver peripheral visibility- I literally have to crane my neck to check the road because of the interesting angle of the A pillar, (6) as strange as this sounds, it has a ‘soft’ metal frame- by that I mean that any little ding on the body leaves it scratched at best, dented at worst.

All in all, it’s a decent when driven as a local, low mileage car, but I drive a lot and I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone who does a lot of driving. I’ve spent almost as much on repairs on it as I did buying it.

STAY AWAY!!!
By Tom Olzak

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with 38000 miles on it. I drive about 12000 miles a year and have had the car a bit longer then 2 years and the transmission needs replaced (there are 64000 miles on the car) The initial warranty expired after 60000 miles. The Rogue's transmission was problematic for years 2002-2010 to the point that there was a class action suite filed against Nissan and as a result they extended the warranty on the transmission for those years to 120000 miles. I was happy with the car till this. Never again will I buy another Nissan or any car with the CVT transmission.....

CVT Transmission is awful!!!
By Nellie

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used Rogue a little over a year ago. It had 45,000 miles on it. The transmission started making a weird whining noise this summer. I googled the issues and was shocked to see the list of issues with the CVT transmission. I ended up bringing it into to Nissan and was told that sometimes with the heat the CVT transmissions will whine but to have the fluid levels checked often. It did stop whining when it got colder and I have the fluid levels checked when I get my oil changed. Well today out of no where my transmission went.
I wish I had researched a little more before buying this vehicle. A quick search will show pages of complaints on these transmission. It's a clear problem. Don't buy!!

CVT Disaster
By Andrzej

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Chronic CVT problem on the 2011 Nissan Rogue during warranty. @TemeculaNissan didn't diagnose until warranty ended - now unwilling to repair. $4000 repair.

2011 Rogue Review
By James McKinney

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Rogue for 4 years. I just turned 73K without a problem. The vehicle drives just as well now as the day I bought it. I have had several vehicles in my lifetime and I rate this car/SUV near the top of the list. I use the vehicle to commute to work and have taken it on a few vacations without a hitch. My wife liked the Rogue so well that I bought her a 2012 model. It has plenty of power and the CVT is very smooth. You cannot tell that the vehicle is shifting like you do with a regular automatic transmission. There is plenty of room inside. I am 5' 11" tall. It may not suit someone much taller though. Plenty of room to haul groceries, etc. Cruise control and A/C work well.

Gas mileage is very good. For a small SUV, the ride is comfortable. Good acceleration. Cruise control works well and does not vary. A/C works very well and we need it here in South Louisiana.

I really have no complaints about the vehicle. If anything, it could use an inch or two of leg room for the driver.