Used 2011 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

2011 Rogue Review
By James McKinney

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Rogue for 4 years. I just turned 73K without a problem. The vehicle drives just as well now as the day I bought it. I have had several vehicles in my lifetime and I rate this car/SUV near the top of the list. I use the vehicle to commute to work and have taken it on a few vacations without a hitch. My wife liked the Rogue so well that I bought her a 2012 model. It has plenty of power and the CVT is very smooth. You cannot tell that the vehicle is shifting like you do with a regular automatic transmission. There is plenty of room inside. I am 5' 11" tall. It may not suit someone much taller though. Plenty of room to haul groceries, etc. Cruise control and A/C work well.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is very good. For a small SUV, the ride is comfortable. Good acceleration. Cruise control works well and does not vary. A/C works very well and we need it here in South Louisiana.

Suggested Improvements

I really have no complaints about the vehicle. If anything, it could use an inch or two of leg room for the driver.

Lemon that Nissan has yet to fix or replace
By bleedblue165

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Would NOT buy again. This was our second Rouge and wife loved Nissan, until 1 year after purchase. Began having severe mechanical problems & Auto Centers Nissan, Woodriver Illinois was unable to fix the problem. They contacted the engineering department at Nissan, they were told only 1 other vehicle had ever exhibited these problems. The vehicle frequently has a bucking or jerking motion, as if the transmission was slamming in to gear. It did this to their mechanic and shut down on him while he was driving, as well as eventually shutting down on my wife while she was on the interstate in downtown St. Louis, Mo. Hasn't been fixed and Nissan has refused to replace.

Favorite Features

The smaller size and sporty handling an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Honor your product if it can't be fixed replace it is not the customers fault that you produce a faulty product. I'm not saying this is the only vehicle with problems like this, but it all started with the dash lights flashing and occasionally not working, oh and the mechanic told my wife this was because the air filter was dirty. The next problem was the clocks in the vehicle were both apart and it is went downhill ever cents. Now the mechanical problems have not been able to be fixed or diagnosed and Nissan will not honor their product.

Nissan delivers with the 2011 Rogue
By metalskeleton

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have the SL package (nav, leather, roof rails, fog lights, etc.). I bought my Rogue used about 8 months ago with fairly high freeway miles. I absolutely love this car! Acceleration is much better than I expected for a 4 cylinder and it has no problem powering up hills. The steering is remarkably agile and responsive for a small SUV and really is confidence-inspiring. Interior is sharp, clean and VERY comfortable. At this price point, you shouldn't expect a car to be silent, smooth, and a sharp steerer, but the Rogue balances these tasks impressively. CVT is somewhat noisy, but who cares?! Crank some tunes and enjoy the ride. I have nearly 80K miles now, and it still drives wonderfully!

Favorite Features

Looks awesome, especially in black with tinted glass, chrome accents, xenons & new rim style. Touch-screen nav and integrated iPod system is fantastic, as is the backup camera (given limited rear visibility). SL package includes a premium Bose speaker system, which sounds phenomenal. Heated leather seats are almost too comfortable; makes me sleepy on long drives! I'm around 6'4" and I have plenty of room. I love having keyless entry & ignition (this is my first car with it). Steering wheel controls are quite handy and the Bluetooth works great (though the interface is a bit convoluted). Rear compartment becomes quite roomy with the rear seats folded down. Great mix of function and comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage has been lower than I'd hoped, but I am admittedly a somewhat aggressive driver. Very cold weather in Ohio this winter seems to have contributed to a drop in my average MPG from the summer (~21 in mostly city driving). Just about everything I would change about this vehicle has been with the 2014 model: Power lift gate, sliding/reclining rear seats, bird's eye view display, interior air vents, panoramic sunroof. They've even managed to bump up the MPG to 25/32, which would be awesome. Bottom line: There's nothing I hate about this car!

This Car Sucks
By vicjosh

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

i bought a 2011 nissan rogue thinking i'd made a good investment. within 1 yr the cvt in the transmission went out while i was driving onthe interstate barely making it to safety. i called Nissan Consumer affairs to be advised that the 2011 model is not under the extended warranty and given a 3500 est of repair.. help anyone is there any petition to get this vehicle recalled or is there an open class action suite filed... any help would be appreciated

Not too bad after 36,000 miles.
By jeep53

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well, I decided to write another review after 36,000 miles on my Rogue SL. I wrote my first review when I first bought the car. Overall, it's been a pretty good compact SUV. The gas mileage could be a little better. I never get when they advertised it for. I average about 24 miles a gallon. I my opinion, I feel that the car scratches way too easily, especially on the driver's side door panel. I have scratches on the outside, too, that I have no idea where they came from. The leather seats are pretty comfortable and the GPS works quite well. The Bose radio sounds very good to me. The rearview camera works well and is a must in this car with all the blind spots.

Favorite Features

GPS is very good, although it does not speak street names. Leather seats are comfortable. Love the big compartments. Bose radio sounds very good. The car basically drives smooth on the highway, but there is some road noise. The sunroof is pretty good but can be a little loud when open on the highway. The smart key is a great feature. You never have to have your keys out.

Suggested Improvements

I feel there should be more cargo space, even for this class. Also, I don't understand why they didn't put an arm rest in the back seat. My Sentra had that. The paint and also the carpets could be better. On the driver's side, the carpet is getting very thin already. I also think there should be more colors available for the Rogue. I have silver which looks nice but I think there should have been more choices. Interior is nice but could have had less plastic, even in this class. The GPS should have been higher on the dashboard. The 18 inch wheels are nice and the Xenon lights are a nice feature. The car should have daytime running lights.