2011 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Lemon that Nissan has yet to fix or replace
By bleedblue165 on 02/19/14 19:55 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Would NOT buy again. This was our second Rouge and wife loved Nissan, until 1 year after purchase. Began having severe mechanical problems & Auto Centers Nissan, Woodriver Illinois was unable to fix the problem. They contacted the engineering department at Nissan, they were told only 1 other vehicle had ever exhibited these problems. The vehicle frequently has a bucking or jerking motion, as if the transmission was slamming in to gear. It did this to their mechanic and shut down on him while he was driving, as well as eventually shutting down on my wife while she was on the interstate in downtown St. Louis, Mo. Hasn't been fixed and Nissan has refused to replace.

Nissan delivers with the 2011 Rogue
By metalskeleton on 01/31/14 13:37 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have the SL package (nav, leather, roof rails, fog lights, etc.). I bought my Rogue used about 8 months ago with fairly high freeway miles. I absolutely love this car! Acceleration is much better than I expected for a 4 cylinder and it has no problem powering up hills. The steering is remarkably agile and responsive for a small SUV and really is confidence-inspiring. Interior is sharp, clean and VERY comfortable. At this price point, you shouldn't expect a car to be silent, smooth, and a sharp steerer, but the Rogue balances these tasks impressively. CVT is somewhat noisy, but who cares?! Crank some tunes and enjoy the ride. I have nearly 80K miles now, and it still drives wonderfully!

This Car Sucks
By vicjosh on 10/11/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

i bought a 2011 nissan rogue thinking i'd made a good investment. within 1 yr the cvt in the transmission went out while i was driving onthe interstate barely making it to safety. i called Nissan Consumer affairs to be advised that the 2011 model is not under the extended warranty and given a 3500 est of repair.. help anyone is there any petition to get this vehicle recalled or is there an open class action suite filed... any help would be appreciated

Not too bad after 36,000 miles.
By jeep53 on 05/31/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well, I decided to write another review after 36,000 miles on my Rogue SL. I wrote my first review when I first bought the car. Overall, it's been a pretty good compact SUV. The gas mileage could be a little better. I never get when they advertised it for. I average about 24 miles a gallon. I my opinion, I feel that the car scratches way too easily, especially on the driver's side door panel. I have scratches on the outside, too, that I have no idea where they came from. The leather seats are pretty comfortable and the GPS works quite well. The Bose radio sounds very good to me. The rearview camera works well and is a must in this car with all the blind spots.

Great Car, Needs improvements.
By aam_flipp on 05/01/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently just traded this car in for a 2010 Lexus RX 350. This is a good car to start off with if you ever want to try out a Nissan. I enjoyed this car. In the snow, it's nimble and fun to drive around with, but driving up a snowy mountain pass with a full car didn't provide much of a driving experience. The horsepower was pathetic, and getting up to highway speeds is a large task for the Rogue. The one thing I heavily dislike is the CVT transmission. They told me that the CVT holds gears for more power, but I felt that no matter where my foot was pressed on the accelerator panel, it would not go any fast.Overall though, this was a good car and I definitely wouldn't mind having one again.

The Car is a Lemon
By pcappello on 12/20/12 18:34 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Since April of 2011 I have had my car into Nissan for auto lights not functioning my ipod turns on when the audio is off and the electronic driver seat moves forward by itself. This has been reported and supposedly services more than 10 times already happening. Saturday all my dashboard settings changed by themselves and my trunk would not open even though my engine was on. On Sunday my engine locked and my smart key nor the key would unlock the steering column. I was out of state &had to have it towed to a dealer where they claim it is all due to an undersized battery. hello- it is the factory battery. DON'T Buy this car nor any NISSAN as they do not stand behind their service not the

I felt comfortable the first time I drove it....
By jcnninin on 09/30/12 12:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2011 Rogue with 28,000 miles on it, a "program car" in excellent shape. I test drove the Honda CR-V, RAV4, Altima, and brand new Rogues, but for some reason when I drove this one, it felt like "my car." It just fit. The ride is nice and smooth even with the 4-cylinder (I'm used to driving full-sized V-8's). It has quick response in the 25-45 MPH range that makes moving around in traffic very easy. I guess you could call it "nimble." Gas mileage is very good, but not great. After driving 900 miles (mostly city driving), I'm getting about 24.2 MPG. I have XM satellite radio, which rocks. More roomy inside than it looks. All in all, I love it.

Very Impressed after 15K miles
By jmg1977 on 07/04/12 15:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is actually my wife's car, but I am often "allowed" to drive it. We also use it on long trips from North Carolina to the midwest. Since purchased, it has had absolutely no problems or defects whatsoever, a first for any car I have ever purchased new. The fuel economy is excellent in city driving (25) and decent on the highway (30). Like the interior and exterior styling. Plenty of leg room, even in the back, for its size. Fit and finish is good, and it performs well for only having a 4 cylinder motor. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a good midsized SUV that gets sedan mileage.

Good Value!
By pagoss on 06/03/12 19:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it new. We now have 11,500 miles. We traded in a 2010 Altima, for the security of AWD. My wife then decided she would rather have the comfort of the Altima, so we just bought a 2012 Altima. I inherited the Rogue, LUCKY me!!! My only negative is the noise of the CVT in the Rogue. No noise with the CVT in the Altima. It is also a bit cramped driving for a 6'3" 300# guy. Everything works fine, but I am starting to hear a few rattles as mentioned in earlier comments. I will keep my ears open!!! I would get a sun roof if I bought another.

Very Early, but Like it So Far!
By teflon1968 on 01/02/12 17:02 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Alright, I've only had my Rogue for about 4 days now. I had leather seats installed (but not the $3800 SL package). The ride is pretty smooth for an SUV; looks sharp; accels well; breaks on a dime. Very small issues I have with it: Bluetooth is not as comprehensive as say the Honda systems. For instance, you cannot listen to music from your phone via BT. Setting phonebook data is a pain if you have multiple numbers for one contact. Not a lot of gadget space; USB & alt 12vlt are in bottom of the center arm rest--so if you put anything in it, you're covering the outlets--bad design. Again, little things. This is my first post; I'll update as I have it longer...hopefully it will be good

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Rogue in NJ is:

$202 per month*