Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee on
2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill. I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor. The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat. Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power. That's not really safe. I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.
Suggested Improvements
A well built transmission would be great!
By almostkilled
on 07/11/13 15:53 PM (PDT)

I am having the exact same issue with my 2010 Rogue. 75K miles. I live in Western NC, car serviced every month. Started about 3 weeks ago. Going up mountain, lost acceleration. Took to my mechanic, they couldn't see any problems. Replaced air filter and put fuel injector cleaner into it...was okay for a week, other than one very large backfire. On Monday, coming back from Florida with family, car suddenly dropped out of cruise control...was going up a mountain at 65 when car suddenly dropped acceleration, foot to the floorboard, could not get RPMs over 2,500 and was actually dropping. My family almost died as I was in between two semis at the time. Took to my mechanic again, no codes, they had the car all day, but could not duplicate the problem, so no "problems" found....I am scheduled to take the car to the dealer tomorrow, but I am expecting to run against a lot of problems as I have seen in the forums about getting this repaired, free to me. Since I drive for my job across the state, I have had to miss two days of work this week since most of my drives are in middle of nowhere mountain towns... most of what Im seeing online are mentioning the CVT transmission....is there anything else that you have noticed? Like a faint smell of gas? The engine sounding like its whining/straining?

By denver13
on 10/29/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

I experienced the same problem several times. I got rid of the car, because I don't trust it, and Nissan refused to do anything about it. I hope no one is seriously injured from this issue!