nice crossover if you do not need real SUV
By stevko on
2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I bought this car in Aug11 used from Hertz car rental 15.500$ an 2010 S AWD model with 38000mile on. After 6mon in use I decided to write this review as I used this page to choose the Rouge. I was looking for SUV but did not wanted pay the higher price and more on gas, therefore I was looking at sportage, tuscon, forester and rouge. I choose Nissan as I drove nissan sentra before and rogue is basically lifted sentra kind of w/ AWD and SUV look, car like driving and SUV feel and safety. We live in NortWest so this kind of car is ideal. I doesnot need fancy ride and towing capabilities so city like SUV = Rogue was an good choice. And the price was 1.500 - 2000 lesser than those others.
Favorite Features
o I like the CVT transmition. I actually prefer that for milage and smooth shifting. I have no issues to overtake on freeways or city, it has all the power I need. 2.5 and CVT is good combination for me, I am saying good job on that... o Interior is similar to Sentra or Altima. The build in car radio and speakers are ok. I would upgrade it with small subwoofer under the seat, but if you want more go ro the bose pack. o Exterior is hot, I love it every time I look at it. o Did not test the AWD on snow or so, but it is good feature to have in case you need it. (normally I use FWD only, waiting for the snow :-) )
Suggested Improvements
I suggest to have MP3 radio in the S trim and there are no door pocket at the back!!! Com'on Nissan...