By Jimbo on
2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Hate the r-view mirror, had better mirrors years ago with normal views & could adjust if lights behind you were a problem. Mirror gets too dark with the auto-dim thing which does not work, have had 2 of these mirrors (got 2nd with camera system) both same problem, light & button useless because light goes on & mirror reverts back to the dark auto-dim view every 5 mins after you turn it off, no matter if it's day or night or anyone is behind you or not, wish I could disable the auto-dim function, regular view is dark enough. R elbow rest on center console should be way more forward-- even with my long arms (I am tall) my right elbow just barely catches the very end of it.
Favorite Features
other than above complaints, vehicle is excellent and has best view of the road of anything else out there which is why I got it, and love the way it looks in silver (which is the only color the roof racks will match.)
Suggested Improvements
cannot open rear windows a little 4 dog like used to without also opening front windows same or get very bad pulsing vibration throughout the car and my head. EZ to leave key thing in wrong position which I did, had to call AAA next morning, a simple push button start would be better.
By anders7
on 09/11/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

I had worries about the CVT too but given the sheer amount of Nissan CVTs out there that do not have problems I decided not to be worried. Some people get unlucky and their transmissions die - CVT or conventional, regardless of make. It sounds to me like you got a lemon and maybe some lemon refurb parts...

By jc2010
on 09/03/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

Bought a Rogue in April 2010. Awful experience. At 3,000 miles had to have the transmission replaced. Again at 13,000 miles, not even a year later, the valve body goes bad..part of the transmission. I believe Nissan has not perfected the CVT and all of us are guinea pigs. It is dangerous b/c when the problem occurs after a long drive, you lose complete acceleration and when on a highway, this is scary and very dangerous. It's happened twice to my husband and I while on vacation. The first time it happened we got stuck overnight in Boston. I will never buy another Nissan. Looking to trade it in at this time. It's not even 2 yrs old yet. They've extended their warranty as well to 120,000 miles or 10 yrs + towing...go figure. They know you will get stuck. The safety of this piece of junk is nil. It's a nice looking SUV and a nice SUV...but, I bought this vehicle in hopes of driving it with reliability and safety....not to stare at it while it sits in the garage, which is where I think it should stay.