Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Most Helpful|
Great Car
By JSensation

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We looked at several other competitors, but Nissan was offering the most bang for our buck. The ride is nice and not too loud. There is a blind spot, but it's not biggie as long as you check your mirrors. The seats are very comfortable, probably the most comfortable out of all the cars we tried. Lots of leg room for the driver and I'm 6'2". Overall, it's a great car in its class. The service engine light did come on because the gas cap was "tightened" but I made sure it was at least two times and drove it a few times so it would turn off, but it didn't. Took it to Nissan and they turned it off for free, obviously. No big deal though, that's what the warranty is for.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Six CD Changer, Bose Speakers, Heated Seats, the organizer in the back. Gas Mileage is average to good for it's class.

Suggested Improvements

Reclining back seats and power passenger seat.

3000 miles and still luv it
By roguecustom

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our Rogue in Aug. 2010. Liked the styling and handling. Got indicated 34 mpg on the way back from Chicago to Madison at 58 mph. Dropped to 31 at 65 mph. Cold weather drops mileage considerably. In mostly suburban driving in winter we average 23 mpg, freeway driving 28. The AWD/ABS/Traction control is fantastic in the snow. It's wonderful to be able to accelerate without spinning wheels and hoping they'll grab before the wolf pack descends on you. We installed U-haul hitch, grille chrome, lower side chrome accent strips, and roof rack which approximates the 2011 look. Also installed a compass/Homelink/garage door opener/self-dimming rear view mirror from Ebay which is great.

Favorite Features

Styling, AWD, power seats, seat warmers, handling, gas mileage, ability to tow small jet boat, quality of leather interior, Bose sound system, cargo area when rear seats are down. Did not find the view through the rear window all that obstructive.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust note should be improved--it sounds like a toy car when you floor the pedal! I removed the transverse bar that supports the pull-out cover behind the rear seats. It interferes with cargo loading. Wish it would be easily removable. Compass/Homelink mirror should be standard like it is in the Altima, although with a little work we put one in. It's the same mirror. All in all, not a lot to complain about. It's a great little crossover.

My first Rogue
By pickles

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 2nd Nissan I have had. I had a Murano which I loved but it got totalled in 2007 when a 17 year old hit us head on. Very safe car. I hope the Rogue is just as safe. It does need more cupholders. Otherwise, I love it

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders

bought a used one
By lowpost50

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used rogue with 30,000 miles I already own an SUV. I bought it to replace my failed ford explorer with 162,000 miles. I needed a vehicle to go back and forth to work ( I drive 60 miles a day) needless to say I wanted something with good fuel economy, and a good warranty. I had my Rogue 3 months and i love it/ its comfortable nimble in traffic. I still have 70,000 miles left on a 100,000 mile warranty.its very stylish,and it must be a great CUV because I see sooo many on the road. go into a decent sized parking lot you will see at least 2 Rogues there.

Favorite Features

The CVT transmission no feeling of shifting. the sound system is very good. the style and size I love the backup camera

Suggested Improvements

the 5" screen needs to be moved up so that you can have more visual on the road than looking down at the screen. it would be nice to put in a compass and in/outdoor themometer

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me. They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic