2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Starting to get concerned....
By AnnaB on 04/25/10 23:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My husband and I were looking for an Suv/crossover that got good mpg and was functional for work or family. We love the look of the Rogue and have an 08 Altima that has been great. We bought this in Feb 2010 and noticed alot of road noise as the weeks went on...especially in the rain. I am 5'10" and my husband is 6'2 so the rear view mirror has become a real issue because of the blind spot it creates. My biggest concern has been the vibration and hesitation when accelerating from a stop or onto the freeway. I had it looked at and was told it is the CVT and is a "normal" function. Then, a few days ago, I started it and the motor started revving without warning...just a fluke? or a sign?

Happy I went Rogue!
By Lisa in Boston on 04/19/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for an AWD vehicle that was baby friendly (because wow car seats are HUGE), smaller than a fullsized SUV & decent gas mileage all while spending under 30k. I LOVE this car. Still getting used to the differences between it and my Audi A4 (not fair to compare some things) but so far it's been great. I expected a little better gas mileage for a 4 cylinder and disappointed that there were no options for V6, climate control or the 360 package (would be nice given the small back window) but that would have pushed the price into the 30s. I'm nitpicking because so far I absolutely love it and am glad I chose this over a CRV. Great deals now (fully loaded under $26k, good financing)

SO-SO
By Paul on 04/15/10 23:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2010 S AWD with 360 package at the end of February...just hit 2500 miles. The negatives: the engine revs a bit when you first start the car, and seems to be working awfully hard at lower speeds when you're accelerating (up over 3000rpm). It settles down once you reach freeway speeds and cruises quite comfortably at 75. Acceleration is lacking. I always feel like I'm pushing it to get it to respond, especially city driving. I'm 6'1" and the driver's seat rides a little high...not adjustable. The material on the seats doesn't look like it's going to wear very well...already ballooning in places. Positives: Its great in the snow, looks nice and didn't cost nearly as much as a Murano!

Pseudo-car Crossover SUV
By VegasBoy on 04/14/10 02:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove a Nissan 350z 2006, Altima Coupe 2008 and 2009 Mercedes C300 Sports, before i bought this car because i am going to have a baby. Compare Rogue to this car this is what i get out of it. Rogue as Advertised really handles better than the c300, equal of altima and lower than 350z. braking and acceleration is the same as an altima.Road comfort rogue is below c300 but above the altima and 350z. Rogue is a Nissan with it comes their trademark quick acceleration and darn good braking. The interior is ok unless you are expecting luxury then better have Murano. Fuel Economy-rogue is better than the three around 24 mpg city, haven't tested in highways. Rogue is a good fit for a starting family

3rd Time is the Charm
By twowhldoug on 04/08/10 05:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 3rd rogue we have bought. The 2008 was ok but the awd was noisy. The2009 was just horrible, electrical and intell key problems, Nissan couldn't repair it. We tried to get them to replace it but that was a no. The dealer stepped up and helped us get into a 2010 at no cost to us. We have had no trouble with th 2010. It has been a pleasure to own and drive. Have aver 2200 mile in the last 3 weeks and it has gotten 27.6 mpg. If the 2008 we bought first was this good we would still have it. While we were fighting with Nissan about the lemon 2009 we could not decide on another make vehicle that we would Rather have. The rogue is a good a all around SUV with ample power and economy. We like it.

Love it!
By Sarah on 04/05/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the Rogue for about a month now and LOVE it. We loaded up with all of the available packages - leather/heated seats, premium package w/ bluetooth, upgraded stereo, I-key and moonroof. It is so comfortable to drive and ride in, with plenty of room inside and decent cargo space, but still small enough to navigate heavy city traffic and park in crowded garages and small spaces. I've read the complaints about engine drone from the CVT, but I don't find it to be an issue at all. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the ride is, especially compared to some similar competitor models that I test drove. A lot of luxury and functionality for under $30K!

A good Rogue
By Robert on 03/28/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Rogue handles very well even in the wind. Acceleration is good, it rides very comfortably, the sound of the transmission was odd at the beginning but I don't notice it now. No problems getting around this past winter. I'm very happy with the vehicle.

Going Rogue
By JimTeachr on 03/27/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had to give up my faithful 2002 PT Loser as my family has gotten larger. I searched everything. Was tempted with a Suzuki SX4 crossover, Forester, Matrix, & the top sellers. The Rogue doesn't have one true strength like the others do. Instead it does a lot of things very well. Performance, radio, design inside and out, MPG, fit and finish are among the strengths.It is sporty, rugged, durable. I got used to the CVT- you will too. No car suits everyone's needs so when I chose this Rogue I felt confident that this car will last long and will be reliable for me and my family.

Family Car
By Nick on 03/23/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife needed a larger vehicle than the VW Beetle she was driving after having our baby. I looked at Gm and Ford, but I felt a cold shoulder from them. Like it was my duty to buy American. No sir...you don't pay my bills. We passed a Roque on the highway and my wife loved it. After looking we decided this was the right car for us. We stepped up from the S to a 360 package. These extra features set it apart from the base model. As a guy who builds bikes on time off I need style and this little crossover isn't lacking it. I'm actually a little mad that I can't drive it every day.

Love it! - S 360 Value Package
By Amanda on 03/22/10 06:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased a '10 Rogue. Love it! I have not driven it that far yet to test the gas mileage, but otherwise the seats are very comfortable. Watch if you are a tall driver, as the large rear view mirror (mine has a backup camera in it) can create a blind spot for those taller drivers. I'm short, so I don't see the blind spot issue. The interior could use more pockets and spaces for CD's, and other junk.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$116 per month*