Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Scary start of owning a new car
By fun2driveguy

2010 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well, the car itself seem to be great, that is until after only 104 miles, I get a check engine light. Yes that right the car has 104 miles on the ticker and we already are experiencing issues. After my "man check" of all fluids etc. I find there is almost no oil in the car. Don't they fill this up at the factory! Either way the nice people at the dealer have taken my new car and I am now stuck w/ versa for the weekend. What a great start. Other than that the awd version is a much smoother driver than the fwd. If you have the choice go awd.

AWD, smooth trans,great bang for the buck, the Krom edition takes away that "soccer mom" factor for those of us that want to feel sporty w/ a side of practical.

i don't know why manufacturers put a storage space for "MP3 players on the left side of a shifter and the input on the right hand side of the radio? also should offer a v6 option for those of us who like sporty look w/ sport power.

By Jimbo

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hate the r-view mirror, had better mirrors years ago with normal views & could adjust if lights behind you were a problem. Mirror gets too dark with the auto-dim thing which does not work, have had 2 of these mirrors (got 2nd with camera system) both same problem, light & button useless because light goes on & mirror reverts back to the dark auto-dim view every 5 mins after you turn it off, no matter if it's day or night or anyone is behind you or not, wish I could disable the auto-dim function, regular view is dark enough. R elbow rest on center console should be way more forward-- even with my long arms (I am tall) my right elbow just barely catches the very end of it.

other than above complaints, vehicle is excellent and has best view of the road of anything else out there which is why I got it, and love the way it looks in silver (which is the only color the roof racks will match.)

cannot open rear windows a little 4 dog like used to without also opening front windows same or get very bad pulsing vibration throughout the car and my head. EZ to leave key thing in wrong position which I did, had to call AAA next morning, a simple push button start would be better.

Love my Rogue 360
By jmc101109

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking to trade in my 2008 Altima for a small SUV with AWD. When I test drove the Rogue it felt perfect, very similar to driving my Altima, which I loved. Haven't had to use the AWD yet, but overall this car seems to be very solid and has driven well in the rain. One major complaint would be the HUGE blind spot to the rear. Back-up camera helps backing up, but nothing you can do on the highway. I also wish the Rogue had a package like the convenience plus the Altima has, I miss the sunroof, steering wheel controls, bigger door pockets and an interior gas cap release.

AWD, back-up monitor, comfortable to drive, good gas mileage for an SUV

BLIND SPOT, offer a sunroof package on the S model, interior gas cap release, illuminated lock and window buttons

3000 mile review
By Jimbo

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Get 22-23 mpg, expected better with 4 cyl. 6' tall and felt squished in everything I got in except for Rogue, has best view of road including Murano. rear and side views not good, have already had some close calls. will not exactly cruise effortlessly at higher speeds like my 15 yr old 6 cyl Accord could which could still drive circles around Rogue but had to let it go. have to drive Rogue more gingerly/less aggressively but maybe that's a good thing. alarm will not arm automatically like I'm used to. seat won't tilt. took a while to get used to tranny which is smooth but a little draggy. good luck opting out of satellite radio auto-renew, you are in for frustrating experience.

love the smart-key-- never realized what a hassle it is to get key out of your pocket every time till I did not have to do it anymore. had rear camera installed which did not come with leather package-- expensive but glad I did, very helpful.

put fuel-fill on driver's side where it belongs and gas cap should lock. inside mirror makes rear view too dark with or without anti-glare on, and always reverts back to auto anti-glare after you turn if off even during day with no one behind you. push-button start would be better than push and turn.

Update on third Rogue
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This us our 3rd Rogue. 2008 AWD was very noisy. 2009 was a lemon, Nissan could not fix it. Dealer helped us into 2010. So far this one has had none of the problems of the 2009. It has averaged 29 MPG all around driving. The trans is still noisy (as all are).The seats are good We take a lot of road trips (last week 2,983 mile trip). Fuel gauge is wacky (as all are). Disappointed that this 2010 has no in mirror compass. Would we buy a 4th? Can't say for sure (due to the way Nissan Company treated us with our 2009). But the dealer will have our biz for sure.

sound system

new front end (poss from Krom') improve the trans very noisy.