Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Considering a Rogue?
By willbearepeat

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new SL in September 2010 and have been very pleased. Looked at CRV, RAV4 and Mazda CX7 and chose the Rogue and have no regrets. Now have almost 20K miles and have had no problems other than loose gas cap caused Check Engine Light to come on. In city gas mileage is right at 24 and best highway has been 31 when driving at 55mph with no AC. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably in the drivers seat. My 16 yr old son who is also 6'2" fits comfortably in the back. This is not a sports car and doesn't drive like one. It is a small SUV that is a pleasure to drive, even on long trips.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System Heated Leather Seats Interior Design & Finish Gas mileage (if you drive it reasonably) Integrated Blue Tooth for cell phone Keyless Ingnition/entry which causes bad habits (like locking the keys inside your wifes car)

Suggested Improvements

Speed odometer (160mph give me a break!) 55mph is not even marked on the dial. Fuel door on the right takes getting used to. Noisy interior when driving in rain. Fuel Indicator (known issue) Transmission whine (known issue, no jack rabbit starts = no whining)

3000 miles and still luv it
By roguecustom

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our Rogue in Aug. 2010. Liked the styling and handling. Got indicated 34 mpg on the way back from Chicago to Madison at 58 mph. Dropped to 31 at 65 mph. Cold weather drops mileage considerably. In mostly suburban driving in winter we average 23 mpg, freeway driving 28. The AWD/ABS/Traction control is fantastic in the snow. It's wonderful to be able to accelerate without spinning wheels and hoping they'll grab before the wolf pack descends on you. We installed U-haul hitch, grille chrome, lower side chrome accent strips, and roof rack which approximates the 2011 look. Also installed a compass/Homelink/garage door opener/self-dimming rear view mirror from Ebay which is great.

Favorite Features

Styling, AWD, power seats, seat warmers, handling, gas mileage, ability to tow small jet boat, quality of leather interior, Bose sound system, cargo area when rear seats are down. Did not find the view through the rear window all that obstructive.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust note should be improved--it sounds like a toy car when you floor the pedal! I removed the transverse bar that supports the pull-out cover behind the rear seats. It interferes with cargo loading. Wish it would be easily removable. Compass/Homelink mirror should be standard like it is in the Altima, although with a little work we put one in. It's the same mirror. All in all, not a lot to complain about. It's a great little crossover.

Great Small Family CrossOver SUV
By lovingmyrogue

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car! Looks good and feels good. I did extensive research before purchasing this car. The Rav4 and the CRV was also on the top of my list. But having driven them all, my wife and I feel that the build quality of the Rogue was much better than the others. The interior of the CR-V and the Rav4 feel very plastic like. The other major motivation was the warranties.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage is good. Average about 340 Miles after every full fill up with mix freeway/Local driving.

Suggested Improvements

I bought a basic model and hope to replace the stock sound system and maybe a navigation system.

Not Happy
By Matt

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After having this car about a month I could tell something wasn't right. It finally messed up for someone else to notice a month or so later. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything with their computer test. Now I am over 500 miles from home and the check engine light comes on and they lovely computer test says I need a brand new transmission.

Favorite Features

I use to like the fact it was a Nissan. This our fourth one and the first one I don't like!

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a 6 month return police. I really don't want this vehicle any more. I would have given it back after a month or two!

Join Me in A Recall Campaign
By sxz62

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than half a year since I bought this car brand new, I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the "Service" light was on and it was the fuel control valve causing the problem. It was replaced but the problem comes back again. Caroline from this site has had the same problem, and Nissan issued similar recall before. I believe all the OOW owners should get it replaced for free although I am still in warranty.

Favorite Features

Gas-mileage

Suggested Improvements

Reduce noises. Better quality control.