2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Great Car
By JSensation on 08/19/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We looked at several other competitors, but Nissan was offering the most bang for our buck. The ride is nice and not too loud. There is a blind spot, but it's not biggie as long as you check your mirrors. The seats are very comfortable, probably the most comfortable out of all the cars we tried. Lots of leg room for the driver and I'm 6'2". Overall, it's a great car in its class. The service engine light did come on because the gas cap was "tightened" but I made sure it was at least two times and drove it a few times so it would turn off, but it didn't. Took it to Nissan and they turned it off for free, obviously. No big deal though, that's what the warranty is for.

Solid value, great handling
By Kate on 08/16/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Like others have said, this AWD is a best buy in it's class. I was looking for a fuel efficient AWD to handle the New England winters, although I can't vouch for how it performs in the snow yet. What impressed me most about this vehicle was the car-like feel when I first drove it (other competitors felt more like "mini-trucks") Coming off a V-6 minivan, it was important to me that the Rogue had a nice ride and it doesn't disappoint here even though the smaller engine is taking some getting used to.(acceleration is adequate however) The interior finish is nice for a car in this class (Premium Pkg., Leather, Moonroof) and so far I'm averaging 21-22 mpg, mostly around town driving.

Gas Gauge Issues as Well!
By jinglesdelarock on 08/12/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Yes I am having gas gauge issues as well on this car! I had no idea that this would be an issue when I bought it. I have it scheduled to be fixed tomorrow, good to know from the review below me that it may not be fixed even after several attempts.

Mini Mommy Car
By Lou79 on 08/11/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I turned in my 07 Altima 2.5 SL Lease for a brand new 10 Rogue SL and am extremely happy. Has the same transmission as my Altima and I love the CVT. I don't think it's loud at all and is more fuel efficient. I'm a mom of two small children and commute 80 miles round trip everyday to/from work. The Rogue fits the bill as far as more comfort for the family and easier access for storage in the hatchback area. Plus, now I have a place to do a quick diaper change. Much easier to lug the double stroller around, but still fuel efficient for my long commute. I don't find the window in the back to be too small to view my blind spot like others have mentioned.

Where is the quality?
By SXZ62 on 08/06/10 19:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car last December. About 8800 kilometers (in Canada). Today I found the "Service Regine Soon" light is on. Haven't taken it to the dealership yet. But come on, this is brand new car, where is the quality and reliability? I bought a new car because I don't want to have trouble of going to garages.

Fuel Gauge Problem
By Nissan Rogue 2010 on 08/02/10 15:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fuel gauge is totally inaccurate. Fuel gauge does not move until you drive 100 to 140 miles. Moves two notches at 240 miles. Nissan, on two occasions, tried to fix. Nothing changed. Nissan Fix Hot line stated that this is a "normal condition and no further repairs can be made" Forwarding to NJ Lemon Law.

Highly Recommended
By Girakul on 07/25/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car, this is my first SUV ever, and I am not disappointed at all! It rides very smoothly, can barely feel the bumps on the road, comfort level is high, before this car I was driving a Cadillac CTS 2006, and I don't see any comfort reduction level. Visibility is very nice on this car, and gas millage is pretty good too. I get about 17 mpg on average which is less from what the manufacturer states, but in my area there are a lot of stop signs, and traffic, so it is reasonable. The mileage on this SUV is better than my previous car which was a Sedan. AWD responds very well, and the insurance is cheap for this car because it is safe and reliable.

Great SUV
By redred on 07/24/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I kept reading these reviews about the Rogue and I decided to test drive one. I loved it the minute I got behind the wheel. It drives great and it's very comfortable. The CRT engine noise takes some getting used too. But, overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

Fun vehicle
By DanTheMan99 on 07/23/10 21:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fun to drive. Averaging only 17.5 mpg. Very disappointing as I haven't been racing engine. I've been purposely slow-starting. But I have the a/c running non-stop and only local driving. Unhappy with driver's seat only adjusting 6 Rather than 8 positions. I'm 5'11" & 275. Stocky. I drive with seat all the way back and wish the base of seat reclined even just a little bit, but it can't. Little driver's legroom as my knee bangs into door handle or steering wheel. Interior & exterior design is great. Love black leather trim. A/c works great. Vents are even cool design. Not a ton of legroom in back seat. Bose is great. Storage is good. Gear shifting nonexistent! Like headlights & keyless!

We Liked It So Much ...
By shiloduffey on 07/23/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

... we bought another one ten days later. We read about CVT drone, but find it inconsequential. This is by far the smoothest riding and most comfortable small SUV (we drove 'em all). The engine/transmission provides seamless acceleration and more than adequate power. We have both the SL 2WD Premium and Leather Packages, and still came in at about $22k. Living in TX, we didn't see the need for AWD. The value is outstanding, fit and finish are flawless, and the styling is that of a mini-Murano. I was so impressed with my wife's purchase, I bought one myself. We're still checking mileage, but it appears to be right at EPA estimates. May not be ideal for larger families, but it works for us.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$116 per month*