Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

CVT transmission; fuel economy; smooth ride; sufficient interior space for single person or small family... I was not initially a fan of the Rogue when they first came out, but the salesman at the dealership convinced me to take it for a test drive, and I changed my mind quickly :) hence why I've owned 2!

My only complaint is the view out the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When trying to change lanes on the highway, it's hard to see if someone is in that area, and I know I had a few instances where I almost ran into someone because I could not see them. If you can adjust your seat and your side view mirror just right, you might be able to fix this issue, but it would just help if there could be a slight change in design to correct this.

Solid car but the A/C is a bit meh
By anders7

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and was very impressed with the handling - very car like. Fit and finish of the interior is way above the competition (RAV4, CRV etc). The engine is powerful enough and I grew to love the CVT that some people hate. The front seats are very comfy and the few times I get to sit in the back I am comfortable there too. This was the last car on my shortlist and I didn't want to like it but I really did. 12 months later and I still like the car a lot. It is what it is - its a compact SUV crossover with AWD (btw the AWD really does work well in light snow and ice). The visibility out of the back is poor (styling) and the A/C is NOT great for Texas summer. Still like the car.

Handling, braking, AWD, interior comfort, CVT(!), build quality, simplicity of engine design, suspension, interior materials, dashboard design, cloth seats quality.

The A/C unit struggles for 10 miles in Texas summer @ 115 degrees. And that is with limo tinted windows. Time for a bigger compressor Nissan - nothing wrong with the current one but it is built for New England, not Texas. Rear visibility - it's pretty bad but that's the price you pay for the styling. Engine - why not drop the V6 into one of these cars? You have the VQDE which is tried and tested. Everyone else has a V6 aside from Honda but they're more arrogant than y'all and don't see the point. Wheels - I have the SL alloys on my S-AWD. They should be standard across the board. Steel wheels are so 1990s...

Poor AC
By blob1

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Rogue has about 18K miles on it now and the worst thing about it is the AC.I live in Texas and it's HOT in the summer and the AC in this Rogue has a hard time keeping up.It's been this way since the day I bought it. I bought a new 2009 Nissan Versa and gave it to my daughter and the AC in it worked great. The acceleration is poor but I like the CVT and the storage compartments in the doors and console are too small. I like the styling and other than the AC it's been very reliable.Nissan needs to put a better battery and tires in/on their cars. Every time I buy a car the manufacture wants to know what I think about the dealer.They never ask me what I think about their car!?

CVT, Smart Key

Better AC. Better performance. Larger storage compartments in the door, console and passanger area. Better battery and tires.

Happy So Far
By mama_in_tx

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Rogue used with about 19K miles on it. I'm very happy so far. It looks good on the outside, very comfortable and quality interior and fun to drive. The rear visability isn't great, but that would be my only complaint. The highest gas milage I've seen thus far is about 26, and I average 23 normally. I drive about 20 miles on the highway to work, and have not taken a longer highway trip yet, so I expect maybe to see a little higher gas milage with that. I love the bluetooth feature, it works wonderfully! If you're in the market for a smaller SUV, this is defiently one to check into.

Comfortable seats, blue tooth, Bose sound system!

Add some storage under the passenger front seat and maybe more cargo room.

long term with third rogue
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We now have over 32000 miles on our third rogue.First two were problems.This one has been good till now.Fuel gauge stopped working,had to have sending unit.keyless is starting to not work in morning.I guess we are done with Nissan's.Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of problems as warranty expires(36,000miles). It is ashamed because this would really be a nice vehicle if not for the problems.Nissan has got to get on the ball.Have you noticed how the Rogue never is included in tests in magazines? I have.We have averaged 27MPG WE don't know what to get next.Maybe if nissan had a longer warranty or an extended warranty but as things are now,by by Nissan.

Still love the sound system(bose)and the blue tooth has worked well.The seats(leather) are a little hard but comfy on trips.

Get act together and figure out why these Rogues have so many problems.The transmission was not too loud for about 20,000 miles but now whines like the past two did.I can not understand why 3 for 3 rogues had keyless problems when our 2007 Maxima was ketless and never gave any problems(I wish we had it back).