2010 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Poor AC
By blob1 on 08/01/11 07:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Rogue has about 18K miles on it now and the worst thing about it is the AC.I live in Texas and it's HOT in the summer and the AC in this Rogue has a hard time keeping up.It's been this way since the day I bought it. I bought a new 2009 Nissan Versa and gave it to my daughter and the AC in it worked great. The acceleration is poor but I like the CVT and the storage compartments in the doors and console are too small. I like the styling and other than the AC it's been very reliable.Nissan needs to put a better battery and tires in/on their cars. Every time I buy a car the manufacture wants to know what I think about the dealer.They never ask me what I think about their car!?

Happy So Far
By mama_in_tx on 07/17/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Rogue used with about 19K miles on it. I'm very happy so far. It looks good on the outside, very comfortable and quality interior and fun to drive. The rear visability isn't great, but that would be my only complaint. The highest gas milage I've seen thus far is about 26, and I average 23 normally. I drive about 20 miles on the highway to work, and have not taken a longer highway trip yet, so I expect maybe to see a little higher gas milage with that. I love the bluetooth feature, it works wonderfully! If you're in the market for a smaller SUV, this is defiently one to check into.

long term with third rogue
By twowhldoug on 06/22/11 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We now have over 32000 miles on our third rogue.First two were problems.This one has been good till now.Fuel gauge stopped working,had to have sending unit.keyless is starting to not work in morning.I guess we are done with Nissan's.Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of problems as warranty expires(36,000miles). It is ashamed because this would really be a nice vehicle if not for the problems.Nissan has got to get on the ball.Have you noticed how the Rogue never is included in tests in magazines? I have.We have averaged 27MPG WE don't know what to get next.Maybe if nissan had a longer warranty or an extended warranty but as things are now,by by Nissan.

Considering a Rogue?
By willbearepeat on 05/16/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new SL in September 2010 and have been very pleased. Looked at CRV, RAV4 and Mazda CX7 and chose the Rogue and have no regrets. Now have almost 20K miles and have had no problems other than loose gas cap caused Check Engine Light to come on. In city gas mileage is right at 24 and best highway has been 31 when driving at 55mph with no AC. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably in the drivers seat. My 16 yr old son who is also 6'2" fits comfortably in the back. This is not a sports car and doesn't drive like one. It is a small SUV that is a pleasure to drive, even on long trips.

3000 miles and still luv it
By roguecustom on 03/14/11 22:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought our Rogue in Aug. 2010. Liked the styling and handling. Got indicated 34 mpg on the way back from Chicago to Madison at 58 mph. Dropped to 31 at 65 mph. Cold weather drops mileage considerably. In mostly suburban driving in winter we average 23 mpg, freeway driving 28. The AWD/ABS/Traction control is fantastic in the snow. It's wonderful to be able to accelerate without spinning wheels and hoping they'll grab before the wolf pack descends on you. We installed U-haul hitch, grille chrome, lower side chrome accent strips, and roof rack which approximates the 2011 look. Also installed a compass/Homelink/garage door opener/self-dimming rear view mirror from Ebay which is great.

Great Small Family CrossOver SUV
By lovingmyrogue on 12/18/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car! Looks good and feels good. I did extensive research before purchasing this car. The Rav4 and the CRV was also on the top of my list. But having driven them all, my wife and I feel that the build quality of the Rogue was much better than the others. The interior of the CR-V and the Rav4 feel very plastic like. The other major motivation was the warranties.

Not Happy
By Matt on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After having this car about a month I could tell something wasn't right. It finally messed up for someone else to notice a month or so later. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything with their computer test. Now I am over 500 miles from home and the check engine light comes on and they lovely computer test says I need a brand new transmission.

Join Me in A Recall Campaign
By sxz62 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than half a year since I bought this car brand new, I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the "Service" light was on and it was the fuel control valve causing the problem. It was replaced but the problem comes back again. Caroline from this site has had the same problem, and Nissan issued similar recall before. I believe all the OOW owners should get it replaced for free although I am still in warranty.

Scary start of owning a new car
By fun2driveguy on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well, the car itself seem to be great, that is until after only 104 miles, I get a check engine light. Yes that right the car has 104 miles on the ticker and we already are experiencing issues. After my "man check" of all fluids etc. I find there is almost no oil in the car. Don't they fill this up at the factory! Either way the nice people at the dealer have taken my new car and I am now stuck w/ versa for the weekend. What a great start. Other than that the awd version is a much smoother driver than the fwd. If you have the choice go awd.

By Jimbo on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Hate the r-view mirror, had better mirrors years ago with normal views & could adjust if lights behind you were a problem. Mirror gets too dark with the auto-dim thing which does not work, have had 2 of these mirrors (got 2nd with camera system) both same problem, light & button useless because light goes on & mirror reverts back to the dark auto-dim view every 5 mins after you turn it off, no matter if it's day or night or anyone is behind you or not, wish I could disable the auto-dim function, regular view is dark enough. R elbow rest on center console should be way more forward-- even with my long arms (I am tall) my right elbow just barely catches the very end of it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue Suv in NJ is:

$196 per month*