Used 2010 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me. They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill. I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor. The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat. Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power. That's not really safe. I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.

Suggested Improvements

A well built transmission would be great!

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

Favorite Features

CVT transmission; fuel economy; smooth ride; sufficient interior space for single person or small family... I was not initially a fan of the Rogue when they first came out, but the salesman at the dealership convinced me to take it for a test drive, and I changed my mind quickly :) hence why I've owned 2!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the view out the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When trying to change lanes on the highway, it's hard to see if someone is in that area, and I know I had a few instances where I almost ran into someone because I could not see them. If you can adjust your seat and your side view mirror just right, you might be able to fix this issue, but it would just help if there could be a slight change in design to correct this.

Great Small Family CrossOver SUV
By lovingmyrogue

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car! Looks good and feels good. I did extensive research before purchasing this car. The Rav4 and the CRV was also on the top of my list. But having driven them all, my wife and I feel that the build quality of the Rogue was much better than the others. The interior of the CR-V and the Rav4 feel very plastic like. The other major motivation was the warranties.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage is good. Average about 340 Miles after every full fill up with mix freeway/Local driving.

Suggested Improvements

I bought a basic model and hope to replace the stock sound system and maybe a navigation system.

Join Me in A Recall Campaign
By sxz62

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than half a year since I bought this car brand new, I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the "Service" light was on and it was the fuel control valve causing the problem. It was replaced but the problem comes back again. Caroline from this site has had the same problem, and Nissan issued similar recall before. I believe all the OOW owners should get it replaced for free although I am still in warranty.

Favorite Features

Gas-mileage

Suggested Improvements

Reduce noises. Better quality control.