Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Transmission problems
By wendyjoy22

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2010 Nissan Rogue 6 months ago for $12k with 114k actual miles. Seemed like a great car, but after a month I noticed a shuddering at stop lights almost like it would stall. I had it checked at 3K mile oil change and tech said it was fine. 3 weeks ago the transmission failed completely after 6 months ownership and 6k miles with the mileage at 400 miles over the 120k warranty. Driving interstate, whining noise, rpms at red line with acceleration and then unable to maintain speed until complete stall. Restarted after cool down, check engine light came on 10 miles later but no problems while driving to dealer. Nissan will not help and cost is $4k plus wracked up $1k rental fee

Really enjoyed this car until the transmission failed which apparently has been a huge issue with the Nissan for years. I'm on disability with enormous medical bills and don't have any money to repair the transmission. I need a reliable vehicle and thought I had that finally. I feel the dealer sold a vehicle without adequately inspection of transmission for one since I was told the transmission fluid was black and burned at the diagnostic and I don't think that happened in my short ownership with safe driving. And two I'm very frustrated with Nissan consumer affairs for not offering any assistance especially when they know they've had severe issues with their transmission for years.

Buyer beware of Nissan transmissions unless you have several thousands of dollars to throw away frequently especially when there are letters from people who have not only replaced the transmission once, but 2 or 3 times on the same vehicle. I'm without a vehicle and hopeless at this point.

Excellent family car and fun to drive
By mandrax98

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This SUV has been a great combination of a family car and has been fun to drive. We have had no mechanical issues in the past 5 years (except one tire pressure sensor became faulty and was repaired by the dealership free under warranty). Battery life, breaks, tires have all lasted 5 years. Currently has 45,000 miles. Accelerates well for an SUV, gets reasonable gas mileage, and looks sporty.

Fun to drive, large back seat, nice cargo area with cover, fog lights, able to turn on/off SDS transmission setting. Breaks and accelerates very smoothly.

This model's interior looks like the quality of some of the Air vents, upholstery could be improved. Some reviews have suggested the CVT transmission drones, but we have not had that experience…it is relatively quiet and accelerates nicely (without gear-switching !) when passing on the highway, etc.

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me. They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

scrap car ..nightmare
By dardouri

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really don't want this vehicle any more, I see all kind of the problem with this scrap . I bought this car from a dealer Metro nissan in Montreal with 44kkm and guarantee for 4years, after 2 months of driving, I had 2 much problems..., I would have given it back after a month or two!but unfortunately too late 2 change it

bought a used one
By lowpost50

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used rogue with 30,000 miles I already own an SUV. I bought it to replace my failed ford explorer with 162,000 miles. I needed a vehicle to go back and forth to work ( I drive 60 miles a day) needless to say I wanted something with good fuel economy, and a good warranty. I had my Rogue 3 months and i love it/ its comfortable nimble in traffic. I still have 70,000 miles left on a 100,000 mile warranty.its very stylish,and it must be a great CUV because I see sooo many on the road. go into a decent sized parking lot you will see at least 2 Rogues there.

The CVT transmission no feeling of shifting. the sound system is very good. the style and size I love the backup camera

the 5" screen needs to be moved up so that you can have more visual on the road than looking down at the screen. it would be nice to put in a compass and in/outdoor themometer