Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Eh....
By Helen

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought about 2 and a half years ago a 2010 Nissan Rogue, Krom Edition. I loved the car except for a few quirks. One, the Krom edition didn't have any mirrors in the sun visor. Seriously Nissan?? Also, there wasn't enough lighting in the car itself. There was only one dome light and there was no lighting in the trunk area. That made unloading anything from the back at night almost impossible. I upgraded, I guess you could say, yesterday to a 2016 Rogue. It's on lease and it's the AWD base model. That's a different review altogether. I was happy with my Rogue, obviously or I wouldn't have gotten another one. The main reason for the trade in was the fact that the car was fastly approaching the 80k mark. Some people would say that the car still has life in it.

Do not buy this car!!
By GonzalezJ

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2010 Nissan Rouge is one of the many 2008-2010 Nissan Rogue vehicles that are defected. It has same continuous transmission problem, it is unsafe to drive in a highway. However, Nissan does not do a recall.

Transmission problems
By wendyjoy22

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2010 Nissan Rogue 6 months ago for $12k with 114k actual miles. Seemed like a great car, but after a month I noticed a shuddering at stop lights almost like it would stall. I had it checked at 3K mile oil change and tech said it was fine.
3 weeks ago the transmission failed completely after 6 months ownership and 6k miles with the mileage at 400 miles over the 120k warranty. Driving interstate, whining noise, rpms at red line with acceleration and then unable to maintain speed until complete stall. Restarted after cool down, check engine light came on 10 miles later but no problems while driving to dealer.
Nissan will not help and cost is $4k plus wracked up $1k rental fee

Really enjoyed this car until the transmission failed which apparently has been a huge issue with the Nissan for years. I'm on disability with enormous medical bills and don't have any money to repair the transmission. I need a reliable vehicle and thought I had that finally. I feel the dealer sold a vehicle without adequately inspection of transmission for one since I was told the transmission fluid was black and burned at the diagnostic and I don't think that happened in my short ownership with safe driving. And two I'm very frustrated with Nissan consumer affairs for not offering any assistance especially when they know they've had severe issues with their transmission for years.

Buyer beware of Nissan transmissions unless you have several thousands of dollars to throw away frequently especially when there are letters from people who have not only replaced the transmission once, but 2 or 3 times on the same vehicle. I'm without a vehicle and hopeless at this point.

Excellent family car and fun to drive
By mandrax98

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This SUV has been a great combination of a family car and has been fun to drive. We have had no mechanical issues in the past 5 years (except one tire pressure sensor became faulty and was repaired by the dealership free under warranty). Battery life, breaks, tires have all lasted 5 years. Currently has 45,000 miles. Accelerates well for an SUV, gets reasonable gas mileage, and looks sporty.

Fun to drive, large back seat, nice cargo area with cover, fog lights, able to turn on/off SDS transmission setting. Breaks and accelerates very smoothly.

This model's interior looks like the quality of some of the Air vents, upholstery could be improved. Some reviews have suggested the CVT transmission drones, but we have not had that experienceÂ…it is relatively quiet and accelerates nicely (without gear-switching !) when passing on the highway, etc.

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6.
I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me.
They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic