2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
last review traded it in
By twowhldoug on 06/12/12 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

final follow up on 2010 rogue,has 58,000 miles.Traded it on a pilot yesterday.Didn't buy a pathfinder due to premium fuel req.Unlike the 2009 we had the 2010 has been very nice to own.Only issue had for the length of ownership was the fuel gauge,not very accurate(was replaced once).The rogue has been a fine car,and has been fun to drive.Anytime punched up fuel mileage was 27pluss.the bose audio and blue tooth was a high point.Replaced tires at 44,000 and just maintenance.Dealer(Hunt Nissan)was the best.Feel bad about loosing them to the Honda guys,but we had to have a bigger car that used reg fuel.Ican say that a Rogue is a good choice to have.

Happy So Far
By mama_in_tx on 07/17/11 14:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Rogue used with about 19K miles on it. I'm very happy so far. It looks good on the outside, very comfortable and quality interior and fun to drive. The rear visability isn't great, but that would be my only complaint. The highest gas milage I've seen thus far is about 26, and I average 23 normally. I drive about 20 miles on the highway to work, and have not taken a longer highway trip yet, so I expect maybe to see a little higher gas milage with that. I love the bluetooth feature, it works wonderfully! If you're in the market for a smaller SUV, this is defiently one to check into.

long term with third rogue
By twowhldoug on 06/22/11 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We now have over 32000 miles on our third rogue.First two were problems.This one has been good till now.Fuel gauge stopped working,had to have sending unit.keyless is starting to not work in morning.I guess we are done with Nissan's.Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of problems as warranty expires(36,000miles). It is ashamed because this would really be a nice vehicle if not for the problems.Nissan has got to get on the ball.Have you noticed how the Rogue never is included in tests in magazines? I have.We have averaged 27MPG WE don't know what to get next.Maybe if nissan had a longer warranty or an extended warranty but as things are now,by by Nissan.

Considering a Rogue?
By willbearepeat on 05/16/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new SL in September 2010 and have been very pleased. Looked at CRV, RAV4 and Mazda CX7 and chose the Rogue and have no regrets. Now have almost 20K miles and have had no problems other than loose gas cap caused Check Engine Light to come on. In city gas mileage is right at 24 and best highway has been 31 when driving at 55mph with no AC. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably in the drivers seat. My 16 yr old son who is also 6'2" fits comfortably in the back. This is not a sports car and doesn't drive like one. It is a small SUV that is a pleasure to drive, even on long trips.

Not Happy
By Matt on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After having this car about a month I could tell something wasn't right. It finally messed up for someone else to notice a month or so later. Took it to the dealership twice and they could not find anything with their computer test. Now I am over 500 miles from home and the check engine light comes on and they lovely computer test says I need a brand new transmission.

Update on third Rogue
By twowhldoug on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This us our 3rd Rogue. 2008 AWD was very noisy. 2009 was a lemon, Nissan could not fix it. Dealer helped us into 2010. So far this one has had none of the problems of the 2009. It has averaged 29 MPG all around driving. The trans is still noisy (as all are).The seats are good We take a lot of road trips (last week 2,983 mile trip). Fuel gauge is wacky (as all are). Disappointed that this 2010 has no in mirror compass. Would we buy a 4th? Can't say for sure (due to the way Nissan Company treated us with our 2009). But the dealer will have our biz for sure.

Like the Rogue
By lilbit on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my rogue in May and I really like it. The gas mileage is great for getting me too and from work in the Atlanta area. I looked at other small suvs and found the rogue to be the roomiest for a vehicle of it's size. I have the navigation system in my rear view mirror and when it is on, there are times when it shuts off during normal driving, then comes by on. The next time it's in the shop, will have it looked at.

Great Car
By JSensation on 08/19/10 08:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We looked at several other competitors, but Nissan was offering the most bang for our buck. The ride is nice and not too loud. There is a blind spot, but it's not biggie as long as you check your mirrors. The seats are very comfortable, probably the most comfortable out of all the cars we tried. Lots of leg room for the driver and I'm 6'2". Overall, it's a great car in its class. The service engine light did come on because the gas cap was "tightened" but I made sure it was at least two times and drove it a few times so it would turn off, but it didn't. Took it to Nissan and they turned it off for free, obviously. No big deal though, that's what the warranty is for.

Mini Mommy Car
By Lou79 on 08/11/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I turned in my 07 Altima 2.5 SL Lease for a brand new 10 Rogue SL and am extremely happy. Has the same transmission as my Altima and I love the CVT. I don't think it's loud at all and is more fuel efficient. I'm a mom of two small children and commute 80 miles round trip everyday to/from work. The Rogue fits the bill as far as more comfort for the family and easier access for storage in the hatchback area. Plus, now I have a place to do a quick diaper change. Much easier to lug the double stroller around, but still fuel efficient for my long commute. I don't find the window in the back to be too small to view my blind spot like others have mentioned.

Great SUV
By redred on 07/24/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I kept reading these reviews about the Rogue and I decided to test drive one. I loved it the minute I got behind the wheel. It drives great and it's very comfortable. The CRT engine noise takes some getting used too. But, overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$121 per month*