2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris on 04/01/14 07:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me. They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee on 06/25/13 18:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill. I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor. The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat. Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power. That's not really safe. I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210 on 09/17/11 01:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

Great Small Family CrossOver SUV
By lovingmyrogue on 12/18/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great car! Looks good and feels good. I did extensive research before purchasing this car. The Rav4 and the CRV was also on the top of my list. But having driven them all, my wife and I feel that the build quality of the Rogue was much better than the others. The interior of the CR-V and the Rav4 feel very plastic like. The other major motivation was the warranties.

Join Me in A Recall Campaign
By sxz62 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than half a year since I bought this car brand new, I found it hard to fill the gas tank and then the "Service" light was on and it was the fuel control valve causing the problem. It was replaced but the problem comes back again. Caroline from this site has had the same problem, and Nissan issued similar recall before. I believe all the OOW owners should get it replaced for free although I am still in warranty.

S 360 package phantom gray
By gerry on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Wanted basic upgraded package bang for the buck and 360 had the features engine is quiet cvt tranny feels ok no complaints since prior vehicle also had 4 cylinders and I am used to this type of power, no rattles body feels well put together layout is simple but works well, good quality tires were standard about the blind spot mine has rear camera but still not a major issue like some have reported, gas gauge works slowly but has worked I will keep an eye on this issue too new to tell yet.

Falling Out Of Love
By Caroline on 08/21/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I drove my sleek black Rogue which I aptly named My Batmobile out of the dealership I was thrilled. That was in April 2010 and since then my service engine light has gone on twice. I had to have the vent control valve replaced twice. The cause I was told is the ethanol in gasoline. Now I search for gas w/o ethanol at a higher price of course.

Where is the quality?
By SXZ62 on 08/06/10 19:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car last December. About 8800 kilometers (in Canada). Today I found the "Service Regine Soon" light is on. Haven't taken it to the dealership yet. But come on, this is brand new car, where is the quality and reliability? I bought a new car because I don't want to have trouble of going to garages.

Great vehicle
By Rich on 06/05/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle about a week ago. What a great find. I am leasing and this is my second Nissan. The Rouge is just what I was looking for. So far I am very happy driving this Vehicle. 6 cylinder would have been nice. But I really have no complaints. Great job Nissan. Fantastic vehicle for the money.

Nissan Rogue S with 360 package
By jimmy on 05/28/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the car only a week but love it so far. The variable transmission is just great. The ride is quite and comfortable.The car came with 48 lbs of air in the tires and after I adjusted them to the recommended 33 lbs the car seems to ride even smoother. The backup camera is a nice feature but is very wide angle and things seem very far away when actually they are close. You have to use common sense and not rely on just the camera when backing. Some little things that I did not realize when purchasing the car was no front bumper and the gas fill is on the right passenger side and has no lock on fuel door. I am afraid of the damage if I hit something with the no bumper front end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$116 per month*