2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Rogue can compete with RAV and

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Rogue can compete with RAV and CRV
By ejo1 on

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As said above this car can easily compete with a RAV-4 or CRV. I drove my 09 Rogue SL AWD for 85,000 miles without a problem. As with everycar I own.owned I only use Mobil 1 for oil changes at longer intervals than book recommends for the car. Dealer did all my oil changes and maintenance and cost was overall less than expected. Just changed brakes and rotors all the way around with high quality as they old ones started to "wobble" at 83K miles. I averaged 24mpg with mixed driving. I had long highway drives (72 mph) at 29 mpg but also ones at 23 mpg. City driving is less than stated mpg, but overall a great comfy ride. This car is a great all around CUV that will grow on you.

The Bose sound system and the Bluetooth phone system. This was a great car that I needed to trade in to get better hauling capacity (bigger SUV). I miss the conveniences.

Nissan should publish better towing capacities as AWD cars have different towing capacities than FWD models. The 1,000lbs rating for a 2.5L I-4 is low compared to competition. (Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Chevy) It can't be the CVT as DAF trucks can handle 10 thousands of pounds.