2009 Nissan Rogue 2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - real one (review)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

real one (review)
By imsh on

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With every day 8 miles run to work and back home it gives me only 20MPG. Blind spots are awful, rear window is way too small, backing up is a pain... (I understand now why my insurance went up after I gave up Jeep Liberty for Rogue). That small orange, round shaped computer screen is annoying after a week of looking at it, it's so cheap and like an alien to the rest of dashboard. Suspension is weak to my taste. Lots of road noise when on poor pavement. With high speed and gusty winds vehicle behaves strange least. When you close your door it sounds like something loose inside. Ignition/access key is huge and ugly. Steering wheel, cruise.ctrl buttons, speakers/sound are poor quality. Etc.

Favorite Features

Accelerates good for 4 cylinders. Roomy. Enough space in the trunk to bring all gds from Costco. Steady ride uphill on 65-70 mph. Relatively quiet on smooth roads. Seats shaped OK. Stops good. Observation: it feels like many (any car) reviews you can find on-line are hidden promotions actually. No?

Suggested Improvements

Can't name 'em all, not enough space here. Here is one though. Plastic belt along the doors would help against dents and scratches you get in tight parking lots. Overall: There is no significant problem with the car, but bunch of small annoying things you notice with time which can drive you crazy.