2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: Nissan's best kept secret

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

Nissan's best kept secret
By Al on

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in the market for a small SUV. I was first considering a CRV and even though I heard about the Rogue, I didn't think much about it until I saw an ad from Nissan, so I decided to test drive one. I'm glad I did. I was so impressed that I purchased it immediately. Exterior is appealing... sort of like a baby Murano, interior is nicely laid out, very comfortable, the fit and finish superb. Since I live in South Florida and do mostly highway driving, I chose the FWD model. Handling and cornering are excellent, and acceleration is surprisingly good for a 4-cyl. through the CVT. Most impressive is how quiet and "solid" the vehicle is at 70mph.

Overall build quality. Quiet cabin. Smooth engine/transmission. Price/performance - that's why I titled this review "Nissan's best kept secret" - I seriously doubt you can find more bang for the buck in this category. Keyless entry/bluetooth cellular are very, very cool features and work well.

Automatic locking gas door (odd quirk that they didn't put one in). Slightly less truck-like side mirrors. A few more nooks and crannies in the doors and center console.