2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Review: I'd rather take the bus!

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

I'd rather take the bus!
By Mrs. S on

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased this crossover last June. Has only 6K miles on it and I have 2 years left on lease. I HATE this auto!!! I hated it after only 1 month! You take your life in your hands when you change lanes in heavy traffic! This car has many blindspots! No pickup whatsoever!!!Takes forever for the car to get warm/cold! Sounds like an angry mosquito when you accelerate! I tell the kids to "lean foward" when I am getting onto the highway...Already have had 2 serious recalls. Now I have an "service engine soon" light that won't go off. I am sure it's a gas cap issue, but I can't take a day off to waste waiting around at the dealership! Don't even Sit in this car!Paid top $$$ for this DUD!

Heated seats are nice.

Give customers a chance to break a lease! If Nissan REALLY stands behind what they sell, they will do this! I've read reviews and many people Are happy with this car. Unfortunately, I am NOT one of them...The thought of drivng this for 2 more years actually makes my eye twitch
By mitzi5
on 04/12/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

Tell the kids to lean forward?!!! LOL. You think that helps? Hahah. The consumer comments have left me cautious about buying a Rogue though I was almost sold on one before I read them. I really like Nissans, but this blindspot thing is weeding me out as a potential buyer. Also, I hate a vehicle that doesn't accelerate, my number one reason for wanting to own a Nissan, aside from their usual dependability. I guess these problems are why they labeled it "the rogue",perhaps it's off track and undesirable as to what folks like me have come to expect from Nissan.