2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Glad I bought it
By margokop on 01/25/09 12:44 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was driving a 2002 Toyota Highlander which I loved, but was ready for something a little smaller with better gas mileage. I thought I would end up with the toyota rav 4 or honda crv, but there were things about each of them I didn't like..I didn't even know Nissan had the rogue model, and then I saw it in the paper one day, so I went to the dealer and drove the sl model, liked the features, the price was competitive, it felt more solid and quiet than the toyota and hondas I tried. It has been just 3 weeks and I really like it.

Oh My Goodness!!
By Becky on 01/20/09 13:23 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Own Mercury Mountaineer but wanted something to drive to work that got better mileage. Didn't count on this! Awesome interior - hubby is 6'01" and needs lots of leg and head room - he's got it. Comfortable, roomy seats. Excellent turning radius. Great back seat leg room also and plenty room for luggage. Exceptional head room! Quiet - almost no road noise! Smoother ride than our nephew's Honda CRV. We are both thrilled with purchase. Couldn't be happier! Enough to make this ol' grandma feel like she's really "styling". Best of both worlds - SUV style combined with fuel economy, comfort and grace!!

Love My Roguester
By Tina on 01/06/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 12 years of driving my reliable, beloved Toyt Corolla, my husband insisted I get a car that he "fits" in. He is 6'04" and we compromised on getting a small SUV. I have never owned nor wanted an SUV. I literally researched and test drove the smaller SUVs for a year, before finally looking at a Rogue. We both absolutely LOVE it. It is so smooth, stylish, comfortable and unique. I love the fact that my husband does not complain about sitting in my car any more, since he has ample room. And most of all, I love walking up to my car, admiring the sleek exterior, looking around, and getting excited all over again that I am the owner of the coolest looking car on the parking lot.

Fun to drive SUV
By zgxl04 on 01/01/09 12:46 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My friend was interested in the Honda CRV but I convinced him to test drive the Rogue because I have been driving the same Nissan SUV for many years. I also drove the Rogue and I was impressed with how quiet it was even at 80 mph. We test drove the CRV and the interior was noisy when driving 60 mph and the styling was not as slick as the Rogue. Although he was the one looking for a car we ended up each buying one! We bought the S model but upgraded to leather seats and they look very nice.

Right Choice
By Orangeville Steve on 12/29/08 09:47 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had two Ford Escapes from 2003 - 2008. Both units were well built and very reliable. Gas mileage was 18mpg combined, with our 60/40 city/highway driving style. After 3 weeks the Rogue is returning about 25mpg which is a big improvement. The Rogue SL seating is very comfortable & supportive. The ride is a nice balance between firm and cushion but never floaty. Six speaker audio is excellent. Cargo capacity is as expected for a CUV but adequate for 95% of our needs. Getting used to the CVT is easier than we thought. Very impressed so far. Hope Nissan service is just as good.

Love it
By Ken on 12/16/08 21:27 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Need high seats for my back, wanted better gas mileage than my Acura MDX was giving me, so I looked at smaller crossovers. Focused on Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 and didn't love either. The Rogue was stylish, very technologically advanced and I didn't think I was giving up much by going to it. So far, so good. I got the premium package and leather. Very comfortable, great ride and handling. Great bluetooth system, which is important to me. Sound system is as good as you could want. I do not miss my MDX.

Rogue is Best- It beats the rest!
By Jimbo Driver on 12/13/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove the rav4, forester, patriot, crv,& escape. I have to say in terms of build quality, fit & finish, style, safety & comfort the Nissan Rogue won me over. Everything feels substantial - doors closing, handling, engine. The car is refined and sporty. The cabin is comfortable and all controls are logical (except for the missing radio dial for tuning). The car handles well. Steering is exact. Brakes are strong. In rain and snow the car goes where you direct it. I feel comfortable and safe in this car. Drive one!

Great SUV with Great Gas Mileage
By Beth and Kevin on 12/08/08 10:35 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We absolutely love this vehicle. We live in WV and we are getting 25.4 mpg. Since we do have hills in WV the mpg for an AWD is great plus the functionality of the SUV. When driving our 4 cylinders in the past going up hill you could always hear them kick down to pull. When we purchased this we couldn't wait to see what would happen. You literally can not hear the transmission at all. The CVT is so quiet and unbelievable. We looked at Honda, Toyota, Kia and Hyundai. For us they just did not have the styling, still square and not sleek like the Rogue.

Wow, where did this come from?
By Seth on 11/29/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Honestly, I never considered this car until my wife and I actually went shopping for a small SUV. We drove the CRV and just did not like that car, and I love Honda. It wasn't comfortable, and the design (both int and ext) was unappealing to us. Hence, we went to the Nissan dealer to just see what they had, actually to look at a pathfinder. We saw the Rogue sitting there on the lot and we were both intrigued. We talked to the salesman, and decided to go for a test drive. The drive was beautiful. So smooth, quiet, and comfortable. The interior is so well designed. The Bose sound system is wonderful. This SUV walks circles around each and every SUV on the market in my opinion. Nissan is now #1

Totally Awesome
By Lynnette on 11/18/08 22:45 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have never driven anything so smooth and quiet, you can't even feel the vehicle shift. It provides excellent sound barriers from the outside. The seats and ride are so comfortable and the leg room is perfect for the taller population. The investment is definitely worth it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*