Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

car is ok
By Paula

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the car for 4 months, traded in a ford truck. I drive 6 miles each way to work, and my driving is 1/2 highway and 1/2 city. I'm a decent driver, and my mileage is only 19-22mpg, at the most. The headrest is uncomfortable, otherwise the car is satisfactory. I feel very uncomfortable with the blind spots-the right triangler window and the rear window-are starting to feel like they are safety hazards. I regret having purchased the car because of the blind spots.

large glove box. car handles smoothly.

needs locking gas cap, fix the unsafe blind spots. cup holder is awkward.

Awesome
By kolczk

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Switching over from a Chevy Equinox, this car has been amazing. I have no real complaints about the car. It has 9,000 miles and has only been back to the dealer to have a sunroof put in and for oil changes. I do see other peoples concerns with the awkward shifting, but it isn't anything that really bothers me personally. The fuel economy says 24, but if you don't drive hard, I easily have cleared 27-28 in the city. Great crossover for the reasonable price.

Sunroof, look, comfortable interior, for a small engine it has some nice pickup

Nissan could improve the CVT

real one (review)
By imsh

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With every day 8 miles run to work and back home it gives me only 20MPG. Blind spots are awful, rear window is way too small, backing up is a pain... (I understand now why my insurance went up after I gave up Jeep Liberty for Rogue). That small orange, round shaped computer screen is annoying after a week of looking at it, it's so cheap and like an alien to the rest of dashboard. Suspension is weak to my taste. Lots of road noise when on poor pavement. With high speed and gusty winds vehicle behaves strange least. When you close your door it sounds like something loose inside. Ignition/access key is huge and ugly. Steering wheel, cruise.ctrl buttons, speakers/sound are poor quality. Etc.

Accelerates good for 4 cylinders. Roomy. Enough space in the trunk to bring all gds from Costco. Steady ride uphill on 65-70 mph. Relatively quiet on smooth roads. Seats shaped OK. Stops good. Observation: it feels like many (any car) reviews you can find on-line are hidden promotions actually. No?

Can't name 'em all, not enough space here. Here is one though. Plastic belt along the doors would help against dents and scratches you get in tight parking lots. Overall: There is no significant problem with the car, but bunch of small annoying things you notice with time which can drive you crazy.

Works well for me!
By Kim Back

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed to replace my Infiniti QX4 and tried an 08 Altima SL, which was a nice car, but I desperately missed having AWD. After a bad winter, I traded it for a Rogue SL and am very happy. I didn't lose much in terms of MPG and gained a lot in terms of riding higher and having AWD again. It is comfortable, has all the bells and whistles i got used to driving the Infinite with a little more affordable payment.

Huge glove box, bluetooth and cargo pop up for groceries.

Wider storage in the doors for water bottles like my husband's Titan.

Exactly what we wanted, not disappointed
By RS

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After studying all the compact SUVs, we decided that the Rogue was just what we needed. It had good mileage (for this class of vehicles) and, in fact, we are getting 26-27 in town and close to 30 on the road. It has the clearance and AWD we needed for moderate off-the-road usage (wildlife surveys, kayak in-putting, etc.). In addition, it is very comfortable and quite quiet on the highway. Handling is better than the other compact SUVs that we tested. Reviewers complain about the storage capacity being less than some of the competitors, but we do not need it and appreciate the better looks and handling of the Rogue. Bigger is not always better. After 4 months and 5K miles, zero defects.

Looks, handling, seating room, fit and finish, Bose audio system, interior convenience features, uses regular gasoline, continuously variable transmission.

Less noisy transmission, improved mileage.