Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Don't buy
By Jackol

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First, our car has 55K miles. I know how this car performs and I do my own maintenance. This review is based on 2 1600 mile trips, two weeks apart. Received a recall letter from Nissan relative to Trans belt noise. We had no problem but took it in and had the new software installed. Our gas mileage went from 27-32 down to 20-24 MPG. Nissan refused to fix it. I will paint large lemons on it drive to every Nissan dealer I can find. Paint quality is also pathetic.

Move window controls and console further forward. You have to reach back to use.

Nissan Rogue
By Donna Raposo

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took it to the mountains this summer, brakes buck and vibrate when braking going down hill. Very difficult to back up or change lanes due to back windows being too narrow to see out of. Makes whistling noise when going over 60 mph. Very annoying. Also, makes weird humming noise when slowing down. Recall on transmission. But they did extend my transmission warranty to 10 years or 120000 miles due to the recall. Otherwise, I do like my vehicle. It does drive very smooth and it handles well. Plus the bose stereo is awesome.

looks great, handles well. Awesome stereo.

Improve windows, could be more cargo room, do something about annoying humming and whistling noise, improve braking system.

By douglas

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a follow up on previous comments in dec2009. After dealer installed the latest things that nissan said would correct my electrical problems I took the car home with high expectations. Not so lucky; car worked for a couple of days then wife called from out of town with the red key warning light glowing in the dash as she hummed down the interstate praying the car would not stop and lock down on her as it has done in the past. called dealer and they had no idea.Took the car on 2,500 mile trip in dec. and many things happened.from not letting us in to not allowing the ignition switch to turn to unlocking itself while we were away from it. Called nissan and they are supposed to LOOK

Still like the car and hope thay give us a good one and give this one to a rep to use.Love the sound system and the blue tooth.

make the trans not whine(gear sounds) at low speeds,make the front end better looking.

'09 SL AWD 9 months and rolling
By sschrupp

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm pretty happy with this vehicle, but no longer quite as ecstatic as I was in the beginning. Within a couple months of driving the trans started making a chattering noise. Dealership replaced the trans. Now they need it for about 3 hours for various recall issues. The Bose stereo sounds like all the sound is focused on front center speaker. The headrest is uncomfortable, and doesn't stay down, always slides back up. The sideview mirrors whistle at higher speeds and gusts of wind. Gas mileage isn't great, but hilly area with 65+ speed limits accounts for that. On positive note, it rides smooth, accelerates nicely, looks great, handles like a pro, great in inclement weather.

Bluetooth phone, AUX function on stereo, decent bass on stereo, nice exterior styling, bright headlights, keyless ignition. Traction control system is excellent.

Fix the headrest. Feels like it's shoving my head forward so my chin is touching my chest. My Bose system doesn't seem to be tuned for a surround type setting. Sounds like it's all in front center and no amount of adjustments I do help.

Not bad but terrible sealing
By Young

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall performances are acceptable. Three major problem. 1. Free penetration of cold air through knobs and buttons due to bad sealing 2. Noisy in wet days due to same reason. But Nissan consider it as normal, which means it is their limitation in technology 3. Very bad rear side-view visibility. You'd be very careful when you try to change lane. There are much wider blind area than any other car due to very bad visibility. I almost hit other car several time in 3 months driving, which I have never experienced before with other cars in my 30 years of spotless driving history. So, not recommended for young drivers. Minor comment is bad front cup holder design Overall: Not recommended

Interior Overall design

Sealing of doors, tailgate, and oters Air-conditioning is annoying since it automatically turns on when I tried others. Cup holders in front cannot hold two mugs. Rearview visibility: This is fatal issue.