Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Little Bit of Everything
By Mr. T

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Was looking and test riding CRVs and RAV 4's. Stumbled upon the Rougue and found it to be every bit as good as a CRV which I previously owned and better than the Toyota. Toyota and Honda would not deal but Nissan came down $6K off the list last August and that clinched the deal. About 12Km now and no complaints other than gas mileage not quite as good as I expected it to be. Its versatile and fund to drive both in the city and on the highway. Always admired the looks of the Merano, this shares many of those good looks and makes RAV 4 and CRV look dated.

Moon roof, AWD, stero system, fun to drive.

Needs a Hatch latch. Sl Model includes a roof rack but you need cross rails to attach anything and they make you pay extra for those.

Nice handling vehicle.
By Two Old Crows

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Now I understand why all the complaints on this forum about the poor visibility out the rear of these Rogues. I was backing down my driveway at night and scraped the left rear wheel rim on a low stone wall because I couldn't judge distance properly due to the small rear window. Hope my gas mileage improves. Lowest has been 19.9 and highest is 21.6. Vehicle has less than 2000 miles on it, so I'm hoping for improvement as my mileage increases. Car drives and handles beautifully.

Xenon head lights, especially high beam on lonely country roads. Excellent braking system. Very comfortable leather seats.

Better visibility to the rear. Coach lights under both outside mirrors. Center arm rest needs to be moved forward.

Just Purchased a new Rogue
By shattered

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my Sl Rogue for 2 weeks. The car is fun to drive. I'm getting used to the cvt tranny. I'm coming from a truck so it's a bit different but so far I really like it. The inside is very sporty gray and black. the Bose system is awesome if you love music and blue tooth on steering wheel is a great safety feature, I wish my wife had it in her car. I also drove the Santa fe and Tiguan. Santa Fe was boring but a lot bigger, Tiguan drove nice and had a lot of power for 4 cyl.They are a bit more money and less features though. Hope this helps anyone with making a decision. As note in other reviews there are some bad blind spots. That's my only negative so far in 2 weeks of ownership.

Blue tooth, Intelli Key, Sound system, interior looks and comfort. Spoiler and chrome grille does add some more character.

Fix blind spot.

second rogue (LAST?)
By douglas

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second Rogue we have purchased(had an 2008) We had electrical problems with the first one that were taken care of by the selling dealer. The one we have now also has had electrical problems with the keyless system. The selling dealer has been great but nissan has dropped trhe ball. After 3 times not repaired ( writing this review while waiting in dealership) If not fixed this time want it replaced. we do like the vehicle, averages 27 MPG rides well, handles well on interstate(9455 miles). But will probably not buy another due to 2 for 2 having electrical issues. Like the sound system not so happy with CVT (had a 2007 Maxima with CVT didn't like the trans).

Sound System,Blue tooth,respectable fuel mialage and confort on trips

better looking front end,and less body roll in tight turn roads.

Not bad for a last minute choice
By golfprof76

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So, I like others got stuck with the cash for clunkers deal (traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee) but I have to say that for a last minute choice, I think I did ok. For starters the engine is loud, really loud. Almost to the point that I'm waiting for an explosion to happen when I hit 4000 rpm. Fuel economy is great (considering I went from 16 mpg to 23) and the ride is quite comfortable. The price, well I still think Nissan could have done better with the S type. $19000 is a bit much for just about the same stuff you could get in a Sentra.

Tons of head room and a fair amount of cargo room for a crossover. If you have an iPod, the AUX function is great!

I do a fair amount of driving in the dark and the dash illumination is weak. It needs to be much brighter. Too many blind spots and the rear window is way too small based on the angle it is set at, I have seen windows on ships bigger than this.