2009 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2009 Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Sort Reviews by

Good to drive,poor equiped.
By Jose Lopez

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent driven experience,like other Nissan that I have had,Altima & X Terra.Incredible power for a 4 cilynder engine.

Favorite Features

Not really.

Suggested Improvements

More a/c outlets,mirrows,light at trunk door,pockets on back of both fronts seat,computer with more features,out side temperature,miles left etc.Better ilumination in front panel,better quality on cloths seat.This is my Nissan number 5(2 Altimas 2 X Terras) and is the worse equiped and is

Perfect Size, Great MPG, Great price
By EricS

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had the car for two months now with 4000 miles on it. I am getting 27-28 mpg with 50% stop and go, 50% highway. Still cannot wait each time to get in and drive it. The engine is quite peppy for a 4 cylinder. The center console and glove box are cavernous. Sound system is adequate but don't get the premium package just for the Bose sound. Not worth it. Love the steering wheel controls and 6 CD changer and AUX audio jack. Styling is much better than a CRV or RAV4. Nissan engineers did great with the fit and finish of the car as well as user errors such as turning off all int./ext. lights after 5 minutes if accidentally left on.

Favorite Features

-The CVT transmission -The high gas mileage -Extemely quiet inside -spacious interior for such a small CUV -Very smooth and comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

-Sun Visor should include extension -Center console arm rest too far back -Foglights should be allowed on without headlights -Miles till Empty computer stops at 40 miles. Should go to at least 10. -Bad placement of 12-volt power in center console. Should allow wires out console for back seat.

Great so far
By THardey

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just leased the S version with AWD. As it is built on the Sentra chassis and I previously owned a 2007 Sentra, it improves tremendously on that cars driving feel and performance. Steering feel is MUCH better. CVT takes some getting used to but overall I like it in the early going

Favorite Features

Car like handling and acceleration married to low-demand utility capabilities and fuel economy; very comfortable seats and arms support for driver; nice overall look but too similar to Murano; even "S" trim level should satisfy needs of most drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Visor mirrors needed in the S trim level; needs openable rear window; needs rear privacy screen in S trim; outside temperature display on dash like in base level Sentra; rear armrest

Best Suv i have ever driven!!!
By Christian

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At first glance the rogue's didn't really appeal to me, maybe because I always seen a base model one (s) around town. After going to the dealer and seeing an loaded up sl model I feel in love with this suv! After owning 10 suv's in the past and also being a wholesaler I have driven a lot of midsize suv's and honestly im my opinion this is truly amazing! It rides so Nice, corners like a Porsche, and gets gas mileage like a civic. I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Paddle Shifters, Bose sound system, the ride!

Suggested Improvements

Optional 5 Speed Manual

We love it!
By Richard

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I traded in a 1999 Mustang. She called me on her way home from work and said we were going for a drive. She said, "I am not driving this car one more day." She drives it daily and is very happy with it. She loves her daily 20 mile commute now. We have taken it on two weekend trips and it is an excellent road car. There is more than enough room for luggage and us to ride in comfort. I would highly recommend Nissan and the Rogue to anyone who asks. Our experience at the dealership was also very good.

Favorite Features

The rear compartment is very roomy for a small SUV. The glove compartment is very large for storage. The AWD adds to what I believe is already excellent handling. We love how the CVT transmission handles.

Suggested Improvements

None yet!

Beware of Design Defect
By Perk

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

On the 2009 AWD SL the dash passenger & driver side trim around the vent reflects into the side mirrors (sunny day or cloudy) and is a huge distraction when looking to change lanes. Going to cause an accident. I brought this to the dealers attentions which the service area blew it off, i called corp and they could care less,the only person that made any effort to help render was the sales person. NISSAN listen up and don't bring out the vent so far on the dash and this will get rid of the problem.

Favorite Features

Love the bluetooth and the boise radio, seats are comfortable. Very nice even on the highway. Gas mileage is pretty right on.

Suggested Improvements

Change the dash vent trim so it's not reflecting into the side mirrors. It's going to cause and accident. NEED auto lights out when turning engine off.

Even Better then I thought.
By Markym

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2001 Mazda tribute. I wanted something between a car and my SUV. Thus The Rogue. I had a chance to take it out for an hour on the hwy. It was great. At first I left the radio off to hear the possible noise issues other have said. After I stopped focusing on the noise. No problem for me. Lots of pick up. NOT going to miss my Tribute. The Rogue takes corners so well. I can feel that car feeling. Love the option from automatic to manual shifting. Works well for that extra kick you might need the odd time. If your more aggressive you would tend to use this more so. .I did push it around the corners getting off the hwy. Did very well. hugged the road

Favorite Features

car feeling, stereo, The pep it has in the city, and on the road,automatic/manual option,style.

Suggested Improvements

hatch window is small but one can get use to it. Hatch window does not open. Glove compartment has no lock.

Adding rails to S model Too Costly
By Erica

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this vehicle but two things that irked me ( and others I have met online) is the ridiculously expensive cost to put side rails on top for storage. In order to get this feature, you have to pay 1000+ dollars US. This is silly and nonsensical.

Favorite Features

Space inside but not a boat, It drives like a sports car!

Suggested Improvements

Offer rails as option by themselves on the S, 1000 bucks on top of 400 bucks a month is too much and I need storage for camping now.

Fun to drive
By c.win

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the fourth Nissan we have owned. I like the style, AWD, and reliability. I wanted a car that was good in the snow as I drive a long way to work. It proved itself one morning in a snowstorm. Nice traction and riding when slippery. Good on gas too.

Favorite Features

BOSE sound system, AWD, blue tooth, easy to maneuver, sporty style

Suggested Improvements

No locking gas cap?? Side molding to prevent dings, More room in center console for misc items. Cup holders in back, larger rear window or back up camera, could use a little more visual help when backing up, still a nice car

Sporty yet practical, safe alternative
By Val

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am impressed with the exterior, very nice design giving the feeling of a luxury vehicle. The interior is basic but also attractive. Some things I found to be missing that were bothersome to me were: volume control on the steering wheel, one-click power- up window control (there is one-click down, but not up)and auto headlights, no navigation system. The seat adjustment controls, power steering and dash controls are basic. These features may be available if you purchase the premium package. The Rouge handles nicely, although it is loud upon acceleration and it is noticeably a 4 cylinder vehicle. The new technology transmission takes getting used to, the car can feel a bit "put-put."

Favorite Features

The black interior is sleek, the back windshield wiper is nice to have, the Ipod aux feature is handy, big glove compartment, handy compartments in trunk, rear privacy windows, fold down seats and variable AWD. THe exterior is attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease the noise level of the engine/transmission!!! Needs a larger gas tank, more options should be standard. Interior controls are a bit basic, more of a modern design or high- tech design would be better.