2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Great so far
By THardey on 05/11/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just leased the S version with AWD. As it is built on the Sentra chassis and I previously owned a 2007 Sentra, it improves tremendously on that cars driving feel and performance. Steering feel is MUCH better. CVT takes some getting used to but overall I like it in the early going

Best Suv i have ever driven!!!
By Christian on 05/07/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

At first glance the rogue's didn't really appeal to me, maybe because I always seen a base model one (s) around town. After going to the dealer and seeing an loaded up sl model I feel in love with this suv! After owning 10 suv's in the past and also being a wholesaler I have driven a lot of midsize suv's and honestly im my opinion this is truly amazing! It rides so Nice, corners like a Porsche, and gets gas mileage like a civic. I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone!

We love it!
By Richard on 04/25/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I traded in a 1999 Mustang. She called me on her way home from work and said we were going for a drive. She said, "I am not driving this car one more day." She drives it daily and is very happy with it. She loves her daily 20 mile commute now. We have taken it on two weekend trips and it is an excellent road car. There is more than enough room for luggage and us to ride in comfort. I would highly recommend Nissan and the Rogue to anyone who asks. Our experience at the dealership was also very good.

Beware of Design Defect
By Perk on 04/18/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

On the 2009 AWD SL the dash passenger & driver side trim around the vent reflects into the side mirrors (sunny day or cloudy) and is a huge distraction when looking to change lanes. Going to cause an accident. I brought this to the dealers attentions which the service area blew it off, i called corp and they could care less,the only person that made any effort to help render was the sales person. NISSAN listen up and don't bring out the vent so far on the dash and this will get rid of the problem.

Even Better then I thought.
By Markym on 04/12/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2001 Mazda tribute. I wanted something between a car and my SUV. Thus The Rogue. I had a chance to take it out for an hour on the hwy. It was great. At first I left the radio off to hear the possible noise issues other have said. After I stopped focusing on the noise. No problem for me. Lots of pick up. NOT going to miss my Tribute. The Rogue takes corners so well. I can feel that car feeling. Love the option from automatic to manual shifting. Works well for that extra kick you might need the odd time. If your more aggressive you would tend to use this more so. .I did push it around the corners getting off the hwy. Did very well. hugged the road

Adding rails to S model Too Costly
By Erica on 04/08/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this vehicle but two things that irked me ( and others I have met online) is the ridiculously expensive cost to put side rails on top for storage. In order to get this feature, you have to pay 1000+ dollars US. This is silly and nonsensical.

Fun to drive
By c.win on 04/01/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the fourth Nissan we have owned. I like the style, AWD, and reliability. I wanted a car that was good in the snow as I drive a long way to work. It proved itself one morning in a snowstorm. Nice traction and riding when slippery. Good on gas too.

Sporty yet practical, safe alternative
By Val on 03/31/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am impressed with the exterior, very nice design giving the feeling of a luxury vehicle. The interior is basic but also attractive. Some things I found to be missing that were bothersome to me were: volume control on the steering wheel, one-click power- up window control (there is one-click down, but not up)and auto headlights, no navigation system. The seat adjustment controls, power steering and dash controls are basic. These features may be available if you purchase the premium package. The Rouge handles nicely, although it is loud upon acceleration and it is noticeably a 4 cylinder vehicle. The new technology transmission takes getting used to, the car can feel a bit "put-put."

Almost Perfect
By Black Rogue on 03/30/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased two Rogues over the past 3 months. One is SL AWD with everything but leather package and the other has everything. In general, the cars ride smoothly, but can be noisy at wide open throttle. Highway merging is not a problem with the QR25. A good first attempt by Nissan in the cute-ute segment that needs a few improvements.

Love it!
By ChrissyTina on 03/30/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this car and are absolutely in love. We upgraded from a WRX - we have a 1 year old and needed more room. My only quirk is the speedometer. I like having the numbers at every 10 MPH, and a definitive line at the 5 marks. most of the speed limits here are 25, 35, 45. everything with a 5. But that's just my personal quirk. The view through the back is smaller then I am used to, but i don't find that its too small and have no trouble backing up. It is comfortable and fun to drive, and much easier to transport a 1 year old, and all of his gear in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*