Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I'd rather take the bus!
By Mrs. S

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased this crossover last June. Has only 6K miles on it and I have 2 years left on lease. I HATE this auto!!! I hated it after only 1 month! You take your life in your hands when you change lanes in heavy traffic! This car has many blindspots! No pickup whatsoever!!!Takes forever for the car to get warm/cold! Sounds like an angry mosquito when you accelerate! I tell the kids to "lean foward" when I am getting onto the highway...Already have had 2 serious recalls. Now I have an "service engine soon" light that won't go off. I am sure it's a gas cap issue, but I can't take a day off to waste waiting around at the dealership! Don't even Sit in this car!Paid top $$$ for this DUD!

Heated seats are nice.

Give customers a chance to break a lease! If Nissan REALLY stands behind what they sell, they will do this! I've read reviews and many people Are happy with this car. Unfortunately, I am NOT one of them...The thought of drivng this for 2 more years actually makes my eye twitch

Honest Review
By NISSANDRIVER

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan Rogue is an excellent SUV AWD, the only issue I have is the backwindow is small, when looking through the rear window mirror, it is like looking through a porthole.You have to be extremely careful driving this car on the interstates, it is hard to see other cars and trucks when passing, and hard to back up since the view out the rearwindow is not good Otherwise I am very happy with my Rogue

Bose radio system

build the Rouge with a better view out the back window

Continued problems
By doug

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had elec problems since 2nd week. Nissan has tried 4 timed to fix(3 under guidance of factory rep). Still has intell key problems(won't unlock,won't start).Have asked Nissan to replace with good one. Been 1 week no reply.Real shame; we like the car but can no longer deal with the elec problems. Never know when it will not let us in or if it will start when we wan't to go.Wish we never bought it.

like the bose and the bluetooth.

figure out the issues with the rogue. this is our second one and both had elec issues. first was AWD and the noise was horrible at low speeds.

Won't recommend this car to anyone
By costa

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 months, noticed transmission noise. Dealer told the noise was normal. Later, car was always stack in PARK position. To drive it, I had to manually unlock the transmission. Dealer replaced the Brack switch, Solenoide and other parts. It took me 4 months to get it fixed. Also, they fixed 3 recalls at the same time. This car is a total waist of $$. Also, rear vision is extremely dangerous. Do not consider this car at all. Nissan needs to review the design of the transmission COMPLETELY. Forgot to mention that I had also to replace the Door mechanism: wet stack in close position in cold weather...

stability in wet conditions

1- Rear view (visibility) 2- Transmission system 3- Review the automatic Doors mechanism 4- Car is VERY NOISY

Very Reliable.
By Seba

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have owned the Rogue for almost a year and have 12200 miles on it. We have not been in the dealer once except for the regular scheduled maintenance and 3 recalls but all were done at once and during a regular visit so it wasn't a pain at all. This car is very reliable the AWD is great and handles well in snow or rain the ride is pretty comfortable, we take lots of road trips our longest trip was about 450 miles round trip and no problems at all, more room would be nice but it is a crossover. We are very happy with this car.

Reliability, HID headlights, moonroof, AWD. Transmission. 6CD in dash changer, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters, bluetooth.

Interior styling, more power, more room, bigger fuel tank.