2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Best in Show!
By Jimmy D on 07/27/09 20:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There is no perfect small suv/crossover. The Rogue holds less cargo than a Forester,has one row of seats less than a Rav4,lacks the visibility of a CRV. However, it is perfect for me. The fit & finish is great, as is the engine. It has 5star crash rating and beats Ford with a stronger roof. In many ways this car is very basic- no leather,compass, or elec.locks. But it has such personality! It has a nice rear,each color pops and looks silky (even those orange ones). The CVT works well and the mini computer helps as well. I had owned a Chrysler product & went back to shop- Patriot, Compass, Liberty are all inferior products as is the Escape,Impreza,& 09Equinox.

Rogue Owner
By really own one on 07/16/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Seems a lot of reviews are from folks that got duped into buying the Honda CRV or the Toyota. The Rogue has everything and it all works. The rear window is small but unlike the Toyota there isn't a spare tire in the way or the Honda has three headrests. Any way if you want a perfect car keep looking as they will never exist unless you are a consumer reports fan and then go buy the boring car (CRV) and wish you hadn't but when you get upset grab your copy or CR and tell yourself its reliable !!

Love to drive it
By calchill on 07/02/09 21:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have had this car for 3 months and we love it soo much. We don't drive very much but it seems we always find an excuse to take it for a spin. Car has everything we wanted. Sunroof very easy to use and with the deflector added makes it even better. Like the trip computer as u can keep track of mpg or how many miles u have left before refueling.

What's all the hype about?
By Sofie on 07/01/09 20:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have read numerous reviews that are all so positive on the Rogue. I really feel like I am missing something. I have only had the car 1 week and I am sooo disappointed I REALLY WISH I could take it back! My main issue is the Huge design flaw (and I believe it's also in the Murano (which really wasn't too much better, slightly bigger, way more $$) the rear windshield is too small! The back seat headrests block the sides of the rearview window!!! This "Crossover" drives like a cheapy made compact car. My other auto is a Sonata and that has a far more quieter, smooth ride. I did Not expect this auto to ride so rough,my 06 Pathfinder had a smoother ride! Rate this auto a 5 all around.

Just don't like it
By mom of 2 on 06/19/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We kind of got duped into this lease.Here's my list - I'm short and the Rogue has VERY cramped leg room for the drive, it actually makes me a nervous wreck, the head room is also tight & the steering wheel barely tilts. The back seats r also stiff and uncomfortable (and I have the leather package), no adj. head rest(which also block visibility) & no seat adj in the back either. The visibility is HORRID and completely unsafe - the blind spots r huge and the rear headrests coupled w/ a small rear widow leave a tiny square of visibility. No matter if you like how it drives or not, it is simply unsafe to drive. This long time Nissan owner can not WAIT for the lease to end & it's only 1 mo in!

Great SUV for $20K
By Jodie on 06/16/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have wanted an SUV for a long time but have driven paid for cars for a while. Decided to make the jump to a new car (and payment) but I don't drive all that much so didn't want to make a huge investment. The Rogue gives me the SUV for a reasonable payment. Handling and styling are great, have hauled 12 bags of mulch in the back with the seats down and could have held more. VERY satisifed overall. Need to be a bit cautious on lane changes due to blind spots caused by small side windows towards the back - working on mirror adjustments and not changing lanes as much! Engine has a lot of oomph and the ride is really smooth.

Great for being the wife's vehicle
By Sanders630 on 06/15/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall this is a good family vehicle. Meets the same fuel economy that our previous 2003 Altima 2.5S had. To me there's nothing fantastic but, I'm a sports car fanatic. The paddle shifters do help with that aspect though. Also does handle pretty decently for a tall vehicle. Some of it's braking components and suspension aspects are shared with the Sentra SE- R Spec-V.

Could be better. Rogue S
By Jo Ann on 06/06/09 23:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Drives like a car, smooth drive and just fun to drive. Great buy for your money.

Fun to drive!
By Sherrice on 06/03/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car nearly a month and all I can say is wow! I replaced my much loved Pathfinder with this and I could not be happier. Yes, I lose space and some off-road capability (which I did not use much anyway), but the handling is terrific. I feel like I am in a sports car! Now I look for excuses to drive and I can because it uses a lot less gas than my Pathy. I totally recommend this little crossover to anyone who needs utility with a great sporty ride. Buy it for the fun of it!

Good to drive,poor equiped.
By Jose Lopez on 05/30/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent driven experience,like other Nissan that I have had,Altima & X Terra.Incredible power for a 4 cilynder engine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*