2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
real one (review)
By imsh on 10/05/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With every day 8 miles run to work and back home it gives me only 20MPG. Blind spots are awful, rear window is way too small, backing up is a pain... (I understand now why my insurance went up after I gave up Jeep Liberty for Rogue). That small orange, round shaped computer screen is annoying after a week of looking at it, it's so cheap and like an alien to the rest of dashboard. Suspension is weak to my taste. Lots of road noise when on poor pavement. With high speed and gusty winds vehicle behaves strange least. When you close your door it sounds like something loose inside. Ignition/access key is huge and ugly. Steering wheel, cruise.ctrl buttons, speakers/sound are poor quality. Etc.

Works well for me!
By Kim Back on 10/04/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed to replace my Infiniti QX4 and tried an 08 Altima SL, which was a nice car, but I desperately missed having AWD. After a bad winter, I traded it for a Rogue SL and am very happy. I didn't lose much in terms of MPG and gained a lot in terms of riding higher and having AWD again. It is comfortable, has all the bells and whistles i got used to driving the Infinite with a little more affordable payment.

Exactly what we wanted, not disappointed
By RS on 09/22/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After studying all the compact SUVs, we decided that the Rogue was just what we needed. It had good mileage (for this class of vehicles) and, in fact, we are getting 26-27 in town and close to 30 on the road. It has the clearance and AWD we needed for moderate off-the-road usage (wildlife surveys, kayak in-putting, etc.). In addition, it is very comfortable and quite quiet on the highway. Handling is better than the other compact SUVs that we tested. Reviewers complain about the storage capacity being less than some of the competitors, but we do not need it and appreciate the better looks and handling of the Rogue. Bigger is not always better. After 4 months and 5K miles, zero defects.

Beware of Transmission
By lynn on 09/19/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love the car but only had it 4 months and it needs a transmission. Read the blogs and don't trust the dealerships. We've been driving Nissans for 15 years and can't believe what a Lemon the Rogue has turned into.

Computer/Electrical Problem
By Sharkeykw on 09/19/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have the car less than a month and its been back to the dealer twice. First for a faulty low tire light issue and presently for a major (computer/harness)problem??> "they don't know yet"!! With that aside, and the few miles that we did put on the vehicle, it is unimpressive. It's an overpriced vehicle "without" the problems...

it is just okay
By kiowa on 08/31/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car about 9 months now. I should have bought a used luxury for the price. If you have a family larger than 4 forget about space in the hatch, there is no room. Makes a lot of noise on the express way. Not fun to drive in winds at high speeds. Handles like a gem in the snow and ice.

Love It
By RK on 08/23/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We leased an AWD SL and have had the vehicle for about two weeks. So far, we are well pleased. We had an Explorer and while it was a nice vehicle, we really didn't need to be hauling around so much iron. I have not checked the fuel mileage but the little mileage minder on the trip computer shows an over all average of about 25.4 It is fairly comfortable for a smaller cross over. I love the exterior design. It performs adequately for us. I'm adapting well to the CVT with no up shifting. I'm well pleased with this vehicle thus far.

Very Surprising
By kevininco on 08/01/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the Rogue for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it! I was really wanting an Audi Q5 but could not get the payments to work. I had a lease with Nissan for a Frontier and they took it 3 months early. I have test driven before the basic model hence why not excited to get this. The got me a fully loaded Rogue with leather and everything. The SL is such a difference. I live in the mountains so right off the dealership was from denver to Aspen. It handles great at low speeds and tightens up at higher. really fun with all the technology in there too. I love it and is so much fun inside and out.

Lemon Rogue
By dcfc on 07/29/09 10:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car taken back to Nissan today. They were forced to take it back after it was titled 'Lemon' by the BBB.Had 2 replacement transmissions by 5000 miles and still had same problems. Rogue also had air con' replaced. Leaked transmission fluid, etc. See Forums on this site for further info'.

Best in Show!
By Jimmy D on 07/27/09 20:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

There is no perfect small suv/crossover. The Rogue holds less cargo than a Forester,has one row of seats less than a Rav4,lacks the visibility of a CRV. However, it is perfect for me. The fit & finish is great, as is the engine. It has 5star crash rating and beats Ford with a stronger roof. In many ways this car is very basic- no leather,compass, or elec.locks. But it has such personality! It has a nice rear,each color pops and looks silky (even those orange ones). The CVT works well and the mini computer helps as well. I had owned a Chrysler product & went back to shop- Patriot, Compass, Liberty are all inferior products as is the Escape,Impreza,& 09Equinox.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in WA is:

$146 per month*