Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Nissan national & local dealer have forgotten they need a good product & good service to stay in business.
By mr_kc

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

They are right about the dangers blind spot, although it does help if you have the side mirrors set properly (wide), even then if someone is right behind me it can be difficult to see them.

The Blue Tooth works intermintently, but the dealer ship can not find a problem.
They believe national Nissan's nonsense that you have to buy a compatible phone.
I can go to Walmart & buy a much cheaper Blue Tooth & it works with ALL phones.
It is really silly that Nissan think they can keep up testing all the new phones that come out each week for compatibility with their Blue Tooth.

So far, So good!
By xstreamclean

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read these reviews and don't understand.
Some positive some negative.
We have had our Rogue for 2 yrs. currently have about 25,000 miles and it has been a very good reliable car.
Never had any problems, just scheduled maintenance.
We live in Utah, we have snow, mountains etc. and the AWD is awesome!
So far... I highly recommend this car.
If you asked me one issue i MIGHT have is the blind spots in the car.
The way the back end is formed may make it difficult for a amateur driver.
I personally don't mind it, just use your mirrors.
Hope this helps.

It grows on you
By broka

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a GMC Envoy because the gas mileage was killing me and I did not really need that big of a car. The interior although well made is plain and simple. The car performs well but I would not call it fun. It is reliable in every respect but there is nothing to get excited about. But after 18 months, it has grown on me as being a very good all around good, practical, safe, comfortable, and reliable transportation.

fuel economy, CVT tranny

ability to open rear window, major blind spot, no light in cargo area, at least 1 more power outlet, make front center armrest adjustable

Not the right car for you?
By The car master

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You are making a big mistake if u buy this car or should i say "circular shaped car" I thought i was doing the right thing but. i was hardly mistaken. People told me i had the best looking car they ever seen. I heard it all and then when i finally got rid of it then they started telling me the truth. I felt so bad because everyone was talking behind my back about this bubble that i'm driving. Not a good look for a middle age guy with a very important job. Not for nothing but i can't even put up a ceil fan to save my life yet drive this car. make sure you take a second guess before u just go and buy this "bubble",they call it. Make sure it is the right car for u. Trust me im saving ur life.

my favorite part of this car is the way it drives. I kinda feels like ur in a rocket ship that is ready to take off into the atmosphere and never come back.

Make this car more for a human and not an outerspace creature.

My Fixes
By Ken

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As far as smart key and rear window problems, this helped very much for me. I could not duplicate the key problem for the dealer, but it was getting frustrating. I removed the battery in the controller and bent the 3 contacts up slightly at the folds, using a small pocket knife. It has improved 95% and contribute some to junk in my pocket. I improved my blind spots by installing small rectangular stick on mirrors to my side mirrors. I still look back when I pull out, but it does give you more visibility. I'm 6'2 and I have more leg room than most vehicles. It has rapid response in emergency conditions. For the money, a nice little ride.

Leg space and smooth,quite ride.

Tighten battery connections in smart keys. Painted side molding to protect door dings. And automatic head light sensor for the SL.