2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
'09 SL AWD 9 months and rolling
By sschrupp on 12/23/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm pretty happy with this vehicle, but no longer quite as ecstatic as I was in the beginning. Within a couple months of driving the trans started making a chattering noise. Dealership replaced the trans. Now they need it for about 3 hours for various recall issues. The Bose stereo sounds like all the sound is focused on front center speaker. The headrest is uncomfortable, and doesn't stay down, always slides back up. The sideview mirrors whistle at higher speeds and gusts of wind. Gas mileage isn't great, but hilly area with 65+ speed limits accounts for that. On positive note, it rides smooth, accelerates nicely, looks great, handles like a pro, great in inclement weather.

Not bad but terrible sealing
By Young on 12/14/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall performances are acceptable. Three major problem. 1. Free penetration of cold air through knobs and buttons due to bad sealing 2. Noisy in wet days due to same reason. But Nissan consider it as normal, which means it is their limitation in technology 3. Very bad rear side-view visibility. You'd be very careful when you try to change lane. There are much wider blind area than any other car due to very bad visibility. I almost hit other car several time in 3 months driving, which I have never experienced before with other cars in my 30 years of spotless driving history. So, not recommended for young drivers. Minor comment is bad front cup holder design Overall: Not recommended

Horrible
By evangelista09 on 12/13/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Initially I was excited about this vehicle. After 4 months I was in the shop to get the car fixed and tuned up more than any other vehicle I've owned in my life. then I get a recall notice from the govt. The car is at risk for losing control and crashing. I cant believe the money I spend for this vehicle. Gladly trading it in tomorrow! ]

Little Bit of Everything
By Mr. T on 12/01/09 19:58 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Was looking and test riding CRVs and RAV 4's. Stumbled upon the Rougue and found it to be every bit as good as a CRV which I previously owned and better than the Toyota. Toyota and Honda would not deal but Nissan came down $6K off the list last August and that clinched the deal. About 12Km now and no complaints other than gas mileage not quite as good as I expected it to be. Its versatile and fund to drive both in the city and on the highway. Always admired the looks of the Merano, this shares many of those good looks and makes RAV 4 and CRV look dated.

Nice handling vehicle.
By Two Old Crows on 11/27/09 09:10 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Now I understand why all the complaints on this forum about the poor visibility out the rear of these Rogues. I was backing down my driveway at night and scraped the left rear wheel rim on a low stone wall because I couldn't judge distance properly due to the small rear window. Hope my gas mileage improves. Lowest has been 19.9 and highest is 21.6. Vehicle has less than 2000 miles on it, so I'm hoping for improvement as my mileage increases. Car drives and handles beautifully.

Just Purchased a new Rogue
By shattered on 11/23/09 12:11 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my Sl Rogue for 2 weeks. The car is fun to drive. I'm getting used to the cvt tranny. I'm coming from a truck so it's a bit different but so far I really like it. The inside is very sporty gray and black. the Bose system is awesome if you love music and blue tooth on steering wheel is a great safety feature, I wish my wife had it in her car. I also drove the Santa fe and Tiguan. Santa Fe was boring but a lot bigger, Tiguan drove nice and had a lot of power for 4 cyl.They are a bit more money and less features though. Hope this helps anyone with making a decision. As note in other reviews there are some bad blind spots. That's my only negative so far in 2 weeks of ownership.

second rogue (LAST?)
By douglas on 11/23/09 07:30 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second Rogue we have purchased(had an 2008) We had electrical problems with the first one that were taken care of by the selling dealer. The one we have now also has had electrical problems with the keyless system. The selling dealer has been great but nissan has dropped trhe ball. After 3 times not repaired ( writing this review while waiting in dealership) If not fixed this time want it replaced. we do like the vehicle, averages 27 MPG rides well, handles well on interstate(9455 miles). But will probably not buy another due to 2 for 2 having electrical issues. Like the sound system not so happy with CVT (had a 2007 Maxima with CVT didn't like the trans).

Not bad for a last minute choice
By golfprof76 on 10/26/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So, I like others got stuck with the cash for clunkers deal (traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee) but I have to say that for a last minute choice, I think I did ok. For starters the engine is loud, really loud. Almost to the point that I'm waiting for an explosion to happen when I hit 4000 rpm. Fuel economy is great (considering I went from 16 mpg to 23) and the ride is quite comfortable. The price, well I still think Nissan could have done better with the S type. $19000 is a bit much for just about the same stuff you could get in a Sentra.

car is ok
By Paula on 10/17/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the car for 4 months, traded in a ford truck. I drive 6 miles each way to work, and my driving is 1/2 highway and 1/2 city. I'm a decent driver, and my mileage is only 19-22mpg, at the most. The headrest is uncomfortable, otherwise the car is satisfactory. I feel very uncomfortable with the blind spots-the right triangler window and the rear window-are starting to feel like they are safety hazards. I regret having purchased the car because of the blind spots.

Awesome
By kolczk on 10/07/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Switching over from a Chevy Equinox, this car has been amazing. I have no real complaints about the car. It has 9,000 miles and has only been back to the dealer to have a sunroof put in and for oil changes. I do see other peoples concerns with the awkward shifting, but it isn't anything that really bothers me personally. The fuel economy says 24, but if you don't drive hard, I easily have cleared 27-28 in the city. Great crossover for the reasonable price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*