Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Excellent Choice
By Roguelover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was trying to buy a CR-V / RAV4 and was not able to get a good deal, so in frustration, went to see the rogue. After test driving it, i was really glad i came to the Nissan dealer. It drove great, looked great, was extremely smooth and quite and the best part, was much cheaper than a similar crv/rav4. After owning a SL with premium package and sunroof, i am glad i purchased. We just love this vehicle, its smooth drive. It averages around 26 - 27 mpg. Great features. Wish it had more trunk space though. Overall, great vehicle

Great 2 years!
By lexky

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have owned our Rogue for a little over 2 years with about 28,000 miles and have only had to have one thing fixed by warranty. Climate control dials that are supposed to light up during the night went out. Very happy with our purchase!

Favorite Features

AWD is great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Front doors are heavy so they always shut on you when attempting to get in or out of the vehicle when parked on an incline. Would be nice if something could be done to fix this.

Watch Out from Behind
By sw1974

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Rogue S used with 14K miles on it. I had researched it & heard about the rear view issues, but WOW! It is bad. The blind spot on each back corner is a complete design flaw and must be fixed with larger windows in new versions. It's not so much the back window as it is the 2 small side windows. It's a real danger if you ask me, but the rest of the car is fine. I had an 07 Honda CR-V before this one and they're comparable. I don't mind the CVT transmission and feel the car accelerates better than my CR-V did. I have had no issues in these first few months. Gas mileage is great. AC is COLD, which is nice. The sound system-- the factory version, not Bose--is still good quality.

Favorite Features

Cold AC, cloth interior easy to clean, flat folding back seats.

Suggested Improvements

The back side windows are too small. The visibility issues are real and need to be improved without a doubt for safety purposes. You must learn to drive with both mirrors and turning your whole body. Signal in plenty of time so someone can honk at you if you're about to come over on them.

Poor Service
By crossover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nice looking car,(2009 Rogue), but has some annoying electrical problems that Nissan service department can't find, or even acknowledge that they don't know what to do. The car is not even one year old yet, but I will trade this car in the next few months. There are No more Nissans in my future.

Favorite Features

Good handling in traffic

Suggested Improvements

Include Customer Comments area on Nissan website, so customers can complain directly to Nissan, not to second and third parties.

Amazing Value - Great Car
By Nisaan Lover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at all cross overs, finally settled on the rogue. It was the best value for money for me. Great features, styling. Also drives very well. I have owned this for 6 months and have no complaints what so ever.

Favorite Features

Value for money