2009 Nissan Rogue 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - '09 SL AWD 9 months

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Review

'09 SL AWD 9 months and rolling
By sschrupp on

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm pretty happy with this vehicle, but no longer quite as ecstatic as I was in the beginning. Within a couple months of driving the trans started making a chattering noise. Dealership replaced the trans. Now they need it for about 3 hours for various recall issues. The Bose stereo sounds like all the sound is focused on front center speaker. The headrest is uncomfortable, and doesn't stay down, always slides back up. The sideview mirrors whistle at higher speeds and gusts of wind. Gas mileage isn't great, but hilly area with 65+ speed limits accounts for that. On positive note, it rides smooth, accelerates nicely, looks great, handles like a pro, great in inclement weather.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone, AUX function on stereo, decent bass on stereo, nice exterior styling, bright headlights, keyless ignition. Traction control system is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headrest. Feels like it's shoving my head forward so my chin is touching my chest. My Bose system doesn't seem to be tuned for a surround type setting. Sounds like it's all in front center and no amount of adjustments I do help.