2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
82000 Miles of frustration
By lemondepresion on 07/24/12 08:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been nothing but problems after 41000 miles. Brake rotors keep warping replace and or surface every 10000 miles, and no I don't ride the brakes. Transmission replaced 62000 miles and at 80000 whining again!. Frustrating rattle under front end after a front seal was replaced. Dealer couldn't locate. A.C just went out coming home from Las Vegas. Back seat rattles from latch. Nissan Consumer relationship doesn't care. CVT transmission is junk.

nissan rogue failure
By funissan1 on 01/20/12 15:56 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately I cant use profanity because all that comes to mind when i think of the 2009 nissan rogue i bought my wife is a 4 letter adjective starting with the letter F. Bought the car brand new november 2009 for my wife her first new car EVER. 8 months after buying it service engine light came on car started jerking every time she tryed to excellerate. Trip 1 to service department Transmission had to be completely replace. 6 months later car had same symptoms. Trip 2 to service department #2 cylinder missfire whatever that. Computer replaced. 5 months later same symptoms Trip 3 to service department same computer replaced AGAIN. Trip 4 same symptoms out of warranty $1700 repair.???????

Not the right car for you?
By The car master on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You are making a big mistake if u buy this car or should i say "circular shaped car" I thought i was doing the right thing but. i was hardly mistaken. People told me i had the best looking car they ever seen. I heard it all and then when i finally got rid of it then they started telling me the truth. I felt so bad because everyone was talking behind my back about this bubble that i'm driving. Not a good look for a middle age guy with a very important job. Not for nothing but i can't even put up a ceil fan to save my life yet drive this car. make sure you take a second guess before u just go and buy this "bubble",they call it. Make sure it is the right car for u. Trust me im saving ur life.

Excellent Choice
By Roguelover on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was trying to buy a CR-V / RAV4 and was not able to get a good deal, so in frustration, went to see the rogue. After test driving it, i was really glad i came to the Nissan dealer. It drove great, looked great, was extremely smooth and quite and the best part, was much cheaper than a similar crv/rav4. After owning a SL with premium package and sunroof, i am glad i purchased. We just love this vehicle, its smooth drive. It averages around 26 - 27 mpg. Great features. Wish it had more trunk space though. Overall, great vehicle

Amazing Value - Great Car
By Nisaan Lover on 06/18/10 08:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at all cross overs, finally settled on the rogue. It was the best value for money for me. Great features, styling. Also drives very well. I have owned this for 6 months and have no complaints what so ever.

Continued problems
By doug on 02/26/10 17:24 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had elec problems since 2nd week. Nissan has tried 4 timed to fix(3 under guidance of factory rep). Still has intell key problems(won't unlock,won't start).Have asked Nissan to replace with good one. Been 1 week no reply.Real shame; we like the car but can no longer deal with the elec problems. Never know when it will not let us in or if it will start when we wan't to go.Wish we never bought it.

Don't buy
By Jackol on 01/15/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First, our car has 55K miles. I know how this car performs and I do my own maintenance. This review is based on 2 1600 mile trips, two weeks apart. Received a recall letter from Nissan relative to Trans belt noise. We had no problem but took it in and had the new software installed. Our gas mileage went from 27-32 down to 20-24 MPG. Nissan refused to fix it. I will paint large lemons on it drive to every Nissan dealer I can find. Paint quality is also pathetic.

Nissan Rogue
By Donna Raposo on 01/08/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took it to the mountains this summer, brakes buck and vibrate when braking going down hill. Very difficult to back up or change lanes due to back windows being too narrow to see out of. Makes whistling noise when going over 60 mph. Very annoying. Also, makes weird humming noise when slowing down. Recall on transmission. But they did extend my transmission warranty to 10 years or 120000 miles due to the recall. Otherwise, I do like my vehicle. It does drive very smooth and it handles well. Plus the bose stereo is awesome.

By douglas on 01/04/10 12:04 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a follow up on previous comments in dec2009. After dealer installed the latest things that nissan said would correct my electrical problems I took the car home with high expectations. Not so lucky; car worked for a couple of days then wife called from out of town with the red key warning light glowing in the dash as she hummed down the interstate praying the car would not stop and lock down on her as it has done in the past. called dealer and they had no idea.Took the car on 2,500 mile trip in dec. and many things happened.from not letting us in to not allowing the ignition switch to turn to unlocking itself while we were away from it. Called nissan and they are supposed to LOOK

Just Purchased a new Rogue
By shattered on 11/23/09 12:11 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had my Sl Rogue for 2 weeks. The car is fun to drive. I'm getting used to the cvt tranny. I'm coming from a truck so it's a bit different but so far I really like it. The inside is very sporty gray and black. the Bose system is awesome if you love music and blue tooth on steering wheel is a great safety feature, I wish my wife had it in her car. I also drove the Santa fe and Tiguan. Santa Fe was boring but a lot bigger, Tiguan drove nice and had a lot of power for 4 cyl.They are a bit more money and less features though. Hope this helps anyone with making a decision. As note in other reviews there are some bad blind spots. That's my only negative so far in 2 weeks of ownership.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*