Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

82000 Miles of frustration
By lemondepresion

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been nothing but problems after 41000 miles. Brake rotors keep warping replace and or surface every 10000 miles, and no I don't ride the brakes. Transmission replaced 62000 miles and at 80000 whining again!. Frustrating rattle under front end after a front seal was replaced. Dealer couldn't locate. A.C just went out coming home from Las Vegas. Back seat rattles from latch. Nissan Consumer relationship doesn't care. CVT transmission is junk.

Favorite Features

I'm 6'3" and I fit. Seat comfortable. Don't like the steering wheel tilt and they could have put some visors that slide so you could block out more sun from the drivers window.

Suggested Improvements

Everything. Better transmission, better Consumer relations for the corporate office. C.V.T. Transmission is junk.

nissan rogue failure
By funissan1

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately I cant use profanity because all that comes to mind when i think of the 2009 nissan rogue i bought my wife is a 4 letter adjective starting with the letter F. Bought the car brand new november 2009 for my wife her first new car EVER. 8 months after buying it service engine light came on car started jerking every time she tryed to excellerate. Trip 1 to service department Transmission had to be completely replace. 6 months later car had same symptoms. Trip 2 to service department #2 cylinder missfire whatever that. Computer replaced. 5 months later same symptoms Trip 3 to service department same computer replaced AGAIN. Trip 4 same symptoms out of warranty $1700 repair.???????

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is my attorney and suing nissan under Lemon Law. BOHC

Suggested Improvements

Never buy anther Nissan. Oh yeah [non-permissible content removed] the CVT transmission they are junk

Not the right car for you?
By The car master

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You are making a big mistake if u buy this car or should i say "circular shaped car" I thought i was doing the right thing but. i was hardly mistaken. People told me i had the best looking car they ever seen. I heard it all and then when i finally got rid of it then they started telling me the truth. I felt so bad because everyone was talking behind my back about this bubble that i'm driving. Not a good look for a middle age guy with a very important job. Not for nothing but i can't even put up a ceil fan to save my life yet drive this car. make sure you take a second guess before u just go and buy this "bubble",they call it. Make sure it is the right car for u. Trust me im saving ur life.

Favorite Features

my favorite part of this car is the way it drives. I kinda feels like ur in a rocket ship that is ready to take off into the atmosphere and never come back.

Suggested Improvements

Make this car more for a human and not an outerspace creature.

Excellent Choice
By Roguelover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was trying to buy a CR-V / RAV4 and was not able to get a good deal, so in frustration, went to see the rogue. After test driving it, i was really glad i came to the Nissan dealer. It drove great, looked great, was extremely smooth and quite and the best part, was much cheaper than a similar crv/rav4. After owning a SL with premium package and sunroof, i am glad i purchased. We just love this vehicle, its smooth drive. It averages around 26 - 27 mpg. Great features. Wish it had more trunk space though. Overall, great vehicle

Amazing Value - Great Car
By Nisaan Lover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at all cross overs, finally settled on the rogue. It was the best value for money for me. Great features, styling. Also drives very well. I have owned this for 6 months and have no complaints what so ever.

Favorite Features

Value for money