Used 2009 Nissan Rogue S SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Watch Out from Behind
By sw1974

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Rogue S used with 14K miles on it. I had researched it & heard about the rear view issues, but WOW! It is bad. The blind spot on each back corner is a complete design flaw and must be fixed with larger windows in new versions. It's not so much the back window as it is the 2 small side windows. It's a real danger if you ask me, but the rest of the car is fine. I had an 07 Honda CR-V before this one and they're comparable. I don't mind the CVT transmission and feel the car accelerates better than my CR-V did. I have had no issues in these first few months. Gas mileage is great. AC is COLD, which is nice. The sound system-- the factory version, not Bose--is still good quality.

Cold AC, cloth interior easy to clean, flat folding back seats.

The back side windows are too small. The visibility issues are real and need to be improved without a doubt for safety purposes. You must learn to drive with both mirrors and turning your whole body. Signal in plenty of time so someone can honk at you if you're about to come over on them.

Giving it back -> lemon
By notrockstar

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm returning my car on 06/01. Dealer finally settled with me on a lemon case. I had issue with the fuel gauge. It will show half tank when its actually almost empty. I went to dealer ship 5 times. Replaced sensors twice and twice I was treated like crazy. + recalls. I got so tired of owning not reliable car. I agree with previous postings, the car is good overall, but has too many blind spots. I've managed to handle that issue well, but Nissan needs some improvement in design of the back window. Also, MPG went down to around 20 in the city. oh, well it was hard for me to check as I think I never got accurate reading from the computer. I would not buy this car again.

sound system, cargo room

visibility, mpg, and Nissan service

Great Car
By KGellen

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am sitting here reading the comments on this car. I understand not all cars are going to be built and last forever. Some just don't work, but if the dealership you bought your car from is not fixing your car then don't hate the car hate your dealer. I have had nothing but great success with my car. I don't expect it to be all mighty i mean its not a Mercedes or an Audi! Is a crossover mid level SUV. Not the most expensive vehicle you can buy! It's great for getting groceries or hauling the big dog around! Its the best buy in its class in my opinion with the look and feel of all other crossovers.

Love the sleek outside body style. LOVE The air vents! Nissan is known for the great cold air (i live in FL i need it)

I would suggest fancying up the inside cabin. It's a little dull but not ugly by any means!

Horrible
By evangelista09

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Initially I was excited about this vehicle. After 4 months I was in the shop to get the car fixed and tuned up more than any other vehicle I've owned in my life. then I get a recall notice from the govt. The car is at risk for losing control and crashing. I cant believe the money I spend for this vehicle. Gladly trading it in tomorrow! ]

take it off the market and give consumers what they deserve and pay for!

car is ok
By Paula

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the car for 4 months, traded in a ford truck. I drive 6 miles each way to work, and my driving is 1/2 highway and 1/2 city. I'm a decent driver, and my mileage is only 19-22mpg, at the most. The headrest is uncomfortable, otherwise the car is satisfactory. I feel very uncomfortable with the blind spots-the right triangler window and the rear window-are starting to feel like they are safety hazards. I regret having purchased the car because of the blind spots.

large glove box. car handles smoothly.

needs locking gas cap, fix the unsafe blind spots. cup holder is awkward.