Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

09 rogue sl awd
By Keryn Lazar

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a rogue as first new car in 09. Car has had zero issues in 5 years other than routine maintenance.

Heated seats, handling, spacious

None

2009 Rogue SL
By brantw

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car for my daughter 6 months ago. It was a one owner with 95,000 miles and a good service history. Have been very pleased with the car. No CVT issues that others have mentioned but it does seem to be an issue on some cars. Better value that the RAV 4 and CRV I looked at. The Rogue interior is considerably more classy and it is quieter inside. All routine maintenance was done before I bought the car (brakes, belts, fluids) so I didn't expect to have any issues and haven't. I drove the car for a few weeks and averaged 27 mpg on back roads with a few stop lights and signs. Pretty good for an AWD SUV and 10 mpg better than my Mazda CX-9.

Classy leather interior in the SL. Love the gauges, interior lighting and comfort (I'm 6'2"). Car is solid and seems built to last. Leery about the CVT but Nissan has acknowledged the problems and extended the warranty to 125K miles, I believe. Gas mileage is commendable for an AWD SUV.

Not much - The CVT does seems to bog down a little at slow speed but once use to it no problem. Every car has its quirks and I like this car, and being a car guy through and through, that says a lot.

Dont buy a CVT Nissan
By bteeley

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car is fine. Its a bit loud, not very powerful. On one had compared to its peers the interior it is well built. The transmission failed a few years ago, the dealer replaced it under warranty with no issues. Now, about 60k miles later the transmission is failing again, it sounds like a truck, the issues are well documented and the dealer tells me it is normal. Refusing to do anything to resolve the issue. After owning the car for 4 years there are many other vehicles I would purchase over the Nissan Rogue. Initially, I really like what Nissan is about, ride quality, reliability, etc. But I will not purchase another one. Search the net for CVT reviews before you buy.

Rogue can compete with RAV and CRV
By ejo1

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As said above this car can easily compete with a RAV-4 or CRV. I drove my 09 Rogue SL AWD for 85,000 miles without a problem. As with everycar I own.owned I only use Mobil 1 for oil changes at longer intervals than book recommends for the car. Dealer did all my oil changes and maintenance and cost was overall less than expected. Just changed brakes and rotors all the way around with high quality as they old ones started to "wobble" at 83K miles. I averaged 24mpg with mixed driving. I had long highway drives (72 mph) at 29 mpg but also ones at 23 mpg. City driving is less than stated mpg, but overall a great comfy ride. This car is a great all around CUV that will grow on you.

The Bose sound system and the Bluetooth phone system. This was a great car that I needed to trade in to get better hauling capacity (bigger SUV). I miss the conveniences.

Nissan should publish better towing capacities as AWD cars have different towing capacities than FWD models. The 1,000lbs rating for a 2.5L I-4 is low compared to competition. (Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Chevy) It can't be the CVT as DAF trucks can handle 10 thousands of pounds.

Make the "wobbling" stop!!!!
By hondagal03

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a used 2009 Rogue less than a month ago and have had nothing but problems. The car was supposed to be "certified" as well. It has been at the dealer shop longer than I have actually been able to drive it. There were 6 issues with it, all have supposedly been resolved, except for one...the wobbling while driving 30-45 mph! Today I drove with the service manager, he informed me that it was normal and it was the torque conversion being engaged. I just can't buy that answer! It's annoying! He also said he has told over 600 people the same answer because they come in with the same complaint. Does anyone else have this issue???? I can't find ANYONE online complaining about it

Feels like you are riding on a cloud when the car isn't wobbling

Stop the wobbling!