2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Watch Out from Behind
By sw1974 on 08/19/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Rogue S used with 14K miles on it. I had researched it & heard about the rear view issues, but WOW! It is bad. The blind spot on each back corner is a complete design flaw and must be fixed with larger windows in new versions. It's not so much the back window as it is the 2 small side windows. It's a real danger if you ask me, but the rest of the car is fine. I had an 07 Honda CR-V before this one and they're comparable. I don't mind the CVT transmission and feel the car accelerates better than my CR-V did. I have had no issues in these first few months. Gas mileage is great. AC is COLD, which is nice. The sound system-- the factory version, not Bose--is still good quality.

Giving it back -> lemon
By notrockstar on 05/27/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm returning my car on 06/01. Dealer finally settled with me on a lemon case. I had issue with the fuel gauge. It will show half tank when its actually almost empty. I went to dealer ship 5 times. Replaced sensors twice and twice I was treated like crazy. + recalls. I got so tired of owning not reliable car. I agree with previous postings, the car is good overall, but has too many blind spots. I've managed to handle that issue well, but Nissan needs some improvement in design of the back window. Also, MPG went down to around 20 in the city. oh, well it was hard for me to check as I think I never got accurate reading from the computer. I would not buy this car again.

Great Car
By KGellen on 05/21/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am sitting here reading the comments on this car. I understand not all cars are going to be built and last forever. Some just don't work, but if the dealership you bought your car from is not fixing your car then don't hate the car hate your dealer. I have had nothing but great success with my car. I don't expect it to be all mighty i mean its not a Mercedes or an Audi! Is a crossover mid level SUV. Not the most expensive vehicle you can buy! It's great for getting groceries or hauling the big dog around! Its the best buy in its class in my opinion with the look and feel of all other crossovers.

Horrible
By evangelista09 on 12/13/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Initially I was excited about this vehicle. After 4 months I was in the shop to get the car fixed and tuned up more than any other vehicle I've owned in my life. then I get a recall notice from the govt. The car is at risk for losing control and crashing. I cant believe the money I spend for this vehicle. Gladly trading it in tomorrow! ]

car is ok
By Paula on 10/17/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven the car for 4 months, traded in a ford truck. I drive 6 miles each way to work, and my driving is 1/2 highway and 1/2 city. I'm a decent driver, and my mileage is only 19-22mpg, at the most. The headrest is uncomfortable, otherwise the car is satisfactory. I feel very uncomfortable with the blind spots-the right triangler window and the rear window-are starting to feel like they are safety hazards. I regret having purchased the car because of the blind spots.

real one (review)
By imsh on 10/05/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

With every day 8 miles run to work and back home it gives me only 20MPG. Blind spots are awful, rear window is way too small, backing up is a pain... (I understand now why my insurance went up after I gave up Jeep Liberty for Rogue). That small orange, round shaped computer screen is annoying after a week of looking at it, it's so cheap and like an alien to the rest of dashboard. Suspension is weak to my taste. Lots of road noise when on poor pavement. With high speed and gusty winds vehicle behaves strange least. When you close your door it sounds like something loose inside. Ignition/access key is huge and ugly. Steering wheel, cruise.ctrl buttons, speakers/sound are poor quality. Etc.

Could be better. Rogue S
By Jo Ann on 06/06/09 23:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Drives like a car, smooth drive and just fun to drive. Great buy for your money.

Good to drive,poor equiped.
By Jose Lopez on 05/30/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent driven experience,like other Nissan that I have had,Altima & X Terra.Incredible power for a 4 cilynder engine.

Adding rails to S model Too Costly
By Erica on 04/08/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this vehicle but two things that irked me ( and others I have met online) is the ridiculously expensive cost to put side rails on top for storage. In order to get this feature, you have to pay 1000+ dollars US. This is silly and nonsensical.

Great
By rupeycakes on 02/05/09 20:14 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am very thrilled to be the new owner of the 2009 Nissan Rogue. It has a super slick exterior look. Although the interior could use some spice. Really miss the extra storage spaces that my old car had. I upgraded to the leather seats and highly recommend it. It is fun to drive very similar to my old car as far as how it handles. Very quiet and good gas mileage. The back window could be larger to help with vision, however the side mirrors are a good size, so I just need to get used to using my mirrors more. Overall great car and highly recommend it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$117 per month*