2009 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
2009 Rogue SL
By brantw on 08/19/14 06:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car for my daughter 6 months ago. It was a one owner with 95,000 miles and a good service history. Have been very pleased with the car. No CVT issues that others have mentioned but it does seem to be an issue on some cars. Better value that the RAV 4 and CRV I looked at. The Rogue interior is considerably more classy and it is quieter inside. All routine maintenance was done before I bought the car (brakes, belts, fluids) so I didn't expect to have any issues and haven't. I drove the car for a few weeks and averaged 27 mpg on back roads with a few stop lights and signs. Pretty good for an AWD SUV and 10 mpg better than my Mazda CX-9.

Dont buy a CVT Nissan
By bteeley on 09/01/13 20:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car is fine. Its a bit loud, not very powerful. On one had compared to its peers the interior it is well built. The transmission failed a few years ago, the dealer replaced it under warranty with no issues. Now, about 60k miles later the transmission is failing again, it sounds like a truck, the issues are well documented and the dealer tells me it is normal. Refusing to do anything to resolve the issue. After owning the car for 4 years there are many other vehicles I would purchase over the Nissan Rogue. Initially, I really like what Nissan is about, ride quality, reliability, etc. But I will not purchase another one. Search the net for CVT reviews before you buy.

Rogue can compete with RAV and CRV
By ejo1 on 07/01/13 06:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As said above this car can easily compete with a RAV-4 or CRV. I drove my 09 Rogue SL AWD for 85,000 miles without a problem. As with everycar I own.owned I only use Mobil 1 for oil changes at longer intervals than book recommends for the car. Dealer did all my oil changes and maintenance and cost was overall less than expected. Just changed brakes and rotors all the way around with high quality as they old ones started to "wobble" at 83K miles. I averaged 24mpg with mixed driving. I had long highway drives (72 mph) at 29 mpg but also ones at 23 mpg. City driving is less than stated mpg, but overall a great comfy ride. This car is a great all around CUV that will grow on you.

Make the "wobbling" stop!!!!
By hondagal03 on 11/29/12 10:36 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a used 2009 Rogue less than a month ago and have had nothing but problems. The car was supposed to be "certified" as well. It has been at the dealer shop longer than I have actually been able to drive it. There were 6 issues with it, all have supposedly been resolved, except for one...the wobbling while driving 30-45 mph! Today I drove with the service manager, he informed me that it was normal and it was the torque conversion being engaged. I just can't buy that answer! It's annoying! He also said he has told over 600 people the same answer because they come in with the same complaint. Does anyone else have this issue???? I can't find ANYONE online complaining about it

Great Car!and a must own for any looking in this class!
By englddriver1 on 08/06/12 10:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have to say after reading some of the other reviews I laugh at what people find as annoying...Claiming there AWD doesn't work when they don't lock it? Or the fact that they think the car is a 4X4. Nissan/Infiniti AWD is one of the best in the world and as a long time Infiniti owner of the M class X series I love there AWD and I live in snow country.We purchased this for my fiance as a baby is on the way and wanted a great MPG Cross over.We look at the Infiniti Cross over but my Fiance didn't like any of the looks and felt it had to many gadgets. So we went with the SL AWD Rogue and she loves it! Great MPG love the CVT tranny fun on highway and holds well in the snow for the high RMPS.

82000 Miles of frustration
By lemondepresion on 07/24/12 08:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been nothing but problems after 41000 miles. Brake rotors keep warping replace and or surface every 10000 miles, and no I don't ride the brakes. Transmission replaced 62000 miles and at 80000 whining again!. Frustrating rattle under front end after a front seal was replaced. Dealer couldn't locate. A.C just went out coming home from Las Vegas. Back seat rattles from latch. Nissan Consumer relationship doesn't care. CVT transmission is junk.

nissan rogue failure
By funissan1 on 01/20/12 15:56 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately I cant use profanity because all that comes to mind when i think of the 2009 nissan rogue i bought my wife is a 4 letter adjective starting with the letter F. Bought the car brand new november 2009 for my wife her first new car EVER. 8 months after buying it service engine light came on car started jerking every time she tryed to excellerate. Trip 1 to service department Transmission had to be completely replace. 6 months later car had same symptoms. Trip 2 to service department #2 cylinder missfire whatever that. Computer replaced. 5 months later same symptoms Trip 3 to service department same computer replaced AGAIN. Trip 4 same symptoms out of warranty $1700 repair.???????

BUY A ROGUE!
By ashley17 on 12/19/11 19:55 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall....BEST CAR EVER! I don't know what is wrong with people who fuss about the shape of the car, nothing is wrong with it! Rides like a dream, purrs like a kitten,and will never let you down unless it is a minor problem like an oil change or tires. BUY ONE!

Nissan national & local dealer have forgotten they need a good product & good service to stay in business.
By mr_kc on 10/02/11 22:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

They are right about the dangers blind spot, although it does help if you have the side mirrors set properly (wide), even then if someone is right behind me it can be difficult to see them. The Blue Tooth works intermintently, but the dealer ship can not find a problem. They believe national Nissan's nonsense that you have to buy a compatible phone. I can go to Walmart & buy a much cheaper Blue Tooth & it works with ALL phones. It is really silly that Nissan think they can keep up testing all the new phones that come out each week for compatibility with their Blue Tooth.

So far, So good!
By xstreamclean on 02/26/11 18:39 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read these reviews and don't understand. Some positive some negative. We have had our Rogue for 2 yrs. currently have about 25,000 miles and it has been a very good reliable car. Never had any problems, just scheduled maintenance. We live in Utah, we have snow, mountains etc. and the AWD is awesome! So far... I highly recommend this car. If you asked me one issue i MIGHT have is the blind spots in the car. The way the back end is formed may make it difficult for a amateur driver. I personally don't mind it, just use your mirrors. Hope this helps.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Rogue in VA is:

$117 per month*