2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Rogue Runner
By Howard on 10/24/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had vehicle about 2 months and satisfied. Was concerned about the CVT but so far no problem. Drove up to Yellowstone and back and got an amazing 34 mpg. Usually get about 26-27 driving around our local area. Paid between 25 and 26K for a loaded awd SL. Leather, Bose, sunroof, Intellikey etc. Very comfortable and large enough to do the job but small enough to be fuel efficient. We have a 3/4 ton 4WD suburban also but it only gets about 13-14 mpg so it sits in the back yard most of the time now. I have been a Honda liker and tried the CRV. Did not like the way the CRV handled, it seemed rather squirrelly to me at highway speeds whereas the Rogue runs straight and true.

Happy in blue
By happy in blue on 10/17/08 21:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Rogue. I traded in my jeep with poor gas mileage. I'm very happy I get an estimated city of 19 to 20 miles and highway I got 29 mile to the gallon. It feels great not to have to fill my tank every other day, I get by with at least 10 days. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

My best car
By unclewimp on 10/17/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Forget any negative reports about this car. These people probably did not heed to the owner instructions. I am a mechanic who works for a Toyota dealership. I bought this vehicle because of the technical achievements. It is fun, it is good on gas, it is a pleasure to drive. As for the CVT, have no fear, it is great! The CVT has been used in off road and heavy duty equipment for years. The limitations of this car are negligible and in some cases non-existent. There is some room for improvement, but it is insignificant compared to the overall splendor of this exceptional vehicle.

Loving it so far
By Dennis on 10/03/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time having an suv, great car so far. First time I stepped on the gas to pass a car my head hit the head restraint from the pickup it had. With a mix of 70/30 highway/city I am currently at 26 mpg after 1200 miles, and this tank is currently showing 27.7. Looking forward to it getting better as it continues to break in. Like the high ride, extremely smooth, even made my wife fall asleep which she doesn't do in cars. Bose system sounds pretty good when its turned up. Like the orange mood light near the moonroof switch. Son loves when the moonroof it open. Plenty of room for us, easily fits golf bags.

Happy happy Wife And Husband
By Gotta A Happy Wife! on 10/02/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I have driven our Rogue for over 6 months now and I've never been happier about a purchase than I am about this one. I had owned a Jeep Wrangler before this that was terrible on gas and this was a pleasant change. I avg. around 30mpg's on the highway and around 25mpg's around town. You can't ask for anymore out of an SUV then that can you? Road trips are fun and more comfortable than ever! I love this car! I driven the Rav4 and the Honda CRV and neither can touch what my Rogue provides me.

A lot of car for a little price
By maddog88 on 09/29/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

What a great crossover. We have had the Rogue for 4 months now, and it has performed admirable. The wife wanted a small SUV with all the bells and whistles. After researching the costs of the competition, test drives, etc, we choose the Rogue. It's fun to drive, slightly under powered when combined with the CVT, but we knew that going in and improved gas mileage was a much higher priority than sports car acceleration. If I really want to drive it hard, I just slip it into manual mode and use the steering wheel paddle shifters. Very cool option. Gas mileage has been great with 25 in the city and 33 hiway. Very well made car and look forward to years of driving this one.

Perfect car!
By iluvkev on 09/24/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased the Rogue on Sept. 3, 2008 and so far it's wonderful! It rides so smooth I can barely feel the bumps in the road. It has plenty of room for my family of 5. It's cute, peppy, and a reliable Nissan. I've had several cars in the past but this one I refer to as my "baby". I have the pretty blue one and I love the color!

Love It!
By Pam on 09/18/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I hadn't had a new car in 8 years and was replacing a 2000 Impala. The alloy orange color won me over and I wasn't happy until I had one. I'm not thrilled with the black interior as it seems to always look dirty. Medium colors hide the dirt better. I was hearing a 'gurgle' sound and stopped in to have it checked out at the dealership. I was more than surprised to find out that the CVT has to be replaced as it is slipping. Not something you want to hear with only 4000 miles on the vehicle. I took the car on a 700 miles trip (one way) last weekend and was thrilled with the long term comfort of the vehicle. I do wish it had automatic lights. Overall a great car

Big Man in a Small SUV - Just Do It!
By M. Miller on 09/12/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just returned from our second Rogue trip, This one from Nashville to Ft. Benning and back. I am 6' 7" 265 lbs, not a small man by any measure and I love this vehicle. I read each and every review before purchasing and so far have not had one negative to think or say about the Rogue. The vehicle is so quiet on the inside that the Bose sound system is a true pleasure to listen to! Acceleration on the interstate was very very responsive, for a 4 cyl amazing! We averaged 27.5 MPG for both trips and find our around town MPG not much less. Bottom line if you are a big man and worried about the size of this small SUV, don't be, get in, and just do it, fun to drive - very fun!

great suv
By richone on 09/08/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's got great power for me. Great comfort and gas mileage 25.5 on highway. And fun to drive, no problems so far. Just under 3000 miles