2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Loving it so far
By Dennis on 10/03/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time having an suv, great car so far. First time I stepped on the gas to pass a car my head hit the head restraint from the pickup it had. With a mix of 70/30 highway/city I am currently at 26 mpg after 1200 miles, and this tank is currently showing 27.7. Looking forward to it getting better as it continues to break in. Like the high ride, extremely smooth, even made my wife fall asleep which she doesn't do in cars. Bose system sounds pretty good when its turned up. Like the orange mood light near the moonroof switch. Son loves when the moonroof it open. Plenty of room for us, easily fits golf bags.

Happy happy Wife And Husband
By Gotta A Happy Wife! on 10/02/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I have driven our Rogue for over 6 months now and I've never been happier about a purchase than I am about this one. I had owned a Jeep Wrangler before this that was terrible on gas and this was a pleasant change. I avg. around 30mpg's on the highway and around 25mpg's around town. You can't ask for anymore out of an SUV then that can you? Road trips are fun and more comfortable than ever! I love this car! I driven the Rav4 and the Honda CRV and neither can touch what my Rogue provides me.

A lot of car for a little price
By maddog88 on 09/29/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

What a great crossover. We have had the Rogue for 4 months now, and it has performed admirable. The wife wanted a small SUV with all the bells and whistles. After researching the costs of the competition, test drives, etc, we choose the Rogue. It's fun to drive, slightly under powered when combined with the CVT, but we knew that going in and improved gas mileage was a much higher priority than sports car acceleration. If I really want to drive it hard, I just slip it into manual mode and use the steering wheel paddle shifters. Very cool option. Gas mileage has been great with 25 in the city and 33 hiway. Very well made car and look forward to years of driving this one.

Perfect car!
By iluvkev on 09/24/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased the Rogue on Sept. 3, 2008 and so far it's wonderful! It rides so smooth I can barely feel the bumps in the road. It has plenty of room for my family of 5. It's cute, peppy, and a reliable Nissan. I've had several cars in the past but this one I refer to as my "baby". I have the pretty blue one and I love the color!

Love It!
By Pam on 09/18/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I hadn't had a new car in 8 years and was replacing a 2000 Impala. The alloy orange color won me over and I wasn't happy until I had one. I'm not thrilled with the black interior as it seems to always look dirty. Medium colors hide the dirt better. I was hearing a 'gurgle' sound and stopped in to have it checked out at the dealership. I was more than surprised to find out that the CVT has to be replaced as it is slipping. Not something you want to hear with only 4000 miles on the vehicle. I took the car on a 700 miles trip (one way) last weekend and was thrilled with the long term comfort of the vehicle. I do wish it had automatic lights. Overall a great car

Big Man in a Small SUV - Just Do It!
By M. Miller on 09/12/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just returned from our second Rogue trip, This one from Nashville to Ft. Benning and back. I am 6' 7" 265 lbs, not a small man by any measure and I love this vehicle. I read each and every review before purchasing and so far have not had one negative to think or say about the Rogue. The vehicle is so quiet on the inside that the Bose sound system is a true pleasure to listen to! Acceleration on the interstate was very very responsive, for a 4 cyl amazing! We averaged 27.5 MPG for both trips and find our around town MPG not much less. Bottom line if you are a big man and worried about the size of this small SUV, don't be, get in, and just do it, fun to drive - very fun!

great suv
By richone on 09/08/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's got great power for me. Great comfort and gas mileage 25.5 on highway. And fun to drive, no problems so far. Just under 3000 miles

Fun to Drive and listening Music
By Suresh Kesapragada on 09/08/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Driving new Nissan Rogue is very much fun. I would like to go for Bose speakers in Nissan Rogue but because of budget I could not. But still speakers' quality is awesome and I enjoy listening music while driving. Back seat is very much comfortable and I could not feel this much comfort in CRV and RAV4. Of course I am missing arm rest in the back seat. I love the Nissan Rogue style and especially the alloy wheels and the muscular shape of the vehicle

Fun to drive
By Happy in SC on 09/06/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After driving a Pacifica for 3 1/2 years, this is a real treat. The four cylinder engine is quite peppy and really can get up an go when needed. It's nice to have better gas mileage and still have a comfortable car. We are amazed at the roomy interior, didn't feel like a downsize at all. Only thing missing is auto lights on this model. Have had other Nissan products and like the way they drive and hold up. Haven't had to spend a lot of dollars other than normal maintenance on them. Expect the same on the Rogue. Try one, you'll like it.

LOVE my Rogue
By jldono2 on 08/28/08 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 6 years, and so far I love my Rogue. I was worried about a 4 cyl not having enough power, and this car has plenty of power passing, going up the mountains. So far I love my new Rogue!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.