Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Rogue Rocks!
By Navyman

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years and have put 47,000 miles on it.I drive every day 120 miles to work and back in norhtern Colorado where we get all types of weather snow, rain. heat etc.This vehicle has been nothing short of outstanding.I never worry about the heavy snow, rain, wind or anything on my way to work.I am as comfortable in the Rogue as I am in my Camry or my Altima.I have taken it on long trips in excess of 1400 miles and have loved the performance,gas mileage up to 30 miles per gallon(avg 28.4 overall for city and highway, ) This vehicle was assembled in Japan and the Nissan quality and craftsmanship show.The Tires are Continental and have 47,000 miles on them and are like new!

Favorite Features

Seating, sunroof is really quiet,power of the engine and quick response. Great gas mileage. This vehicle is tops for being quiet when traveling - you can carry n a normal voice level conversation in the car. Blue Tooth rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Rear window is very small which leads to visibility problems when backing. I put on a wide vision rear view mirror to help compensate for visibility problems

terrible
By jessica hebert

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

i have been having this car for a year and a half. So far i have replaced the transmission the sun roof and now the radiator. they told me that besides the transmission this is normal wear and tear and that i am over reacting!! i have news for them ! No car not even 2 years old should be giving any trouble much less the transmission ! I will never buy a nissan again !

Favorite Features

drives well

Suggested Improvements

everything under the hood and the sunroof

Good value & options for the money!
By KC

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We average 24-25 MPG in mostly city driving, 26-27 on the interstate at approx 73 MPH!! Excellent! We test drove the RAV4 and CRV for comparison. The Rogue rides and drives better. The seats are more comfortable and the ride not as still as the others.

Favorite Features

Design, ride, options on SL model including sunroof, luggage rack and 6 CD changer we have.

Suggested Improvements

The back window is smaller than similar vehicle but the side mirrors are decent size and you get used to using your side mirrors as well as your rear view mirror. NOT a problem!

DONT buy the Rogue!!!!!!!
By S.Crow

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was the 9th Nissan we bought in 10 years. My husband worked at nissan for 6 years and we were proud to drive cars with high quality. However, the Rogue is not an suv I would ever recommend! In 9 months we have had it in the shop 4 times. New ignition switch because it would not start sometimes. This still has not fixed the prob. The car was making noises when I idled around parking lots. They replaced the cv shafts and the transmission. The problem went away but has since returned. The dealer told me that Nissan has said that this is "normal" when a steel belt wears in and that I am just too picky with the noises that it makes. AWD transmissions will do this after 7,000- 10,000 miles

Favorite Features

XM raido, heated seats, keyless start and Boise system

Suggested Improvements

they need to fix the transmission problems. I am so upset over Nissans lack of responsibility where this is concerned. I recommend not buying a Rogue!!! EVER!!!

The Ride
By Frank

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car for about a year. GAs got to $.00 gal so had to try something else. I drove this the Honda CRV, and Toyota and found the best mixture of creature comforts was the Nissan. CRV had no get up and go, Toyota was to pricy for the product.This offered the best ride, economy, and value. We are considering getting another one for my wife.

Favorite Features

Handling, and economy

Suggested Improvements

Reduce highway noise in the back and give the BOSE system the Base sounds they are noted for.