2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
A great ride
By adventure girl on 12/07/08 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been pure pleasure. I was disappointed with the pricey option packages, but the car has been a treat. I've carried 5 people on 2-3 hour long drives in comfort. The cargo room is a little tight, but I've never been lacking. The car is fun to drive and responsive, the design is sleek and the interior is very comfortable. It's perfect to load on my kayak, bikes or snow shoes. The Rogue has been my adventure companion!

Good purchase for the price
By snottygirl on 11/27/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased this car (base S version without any options) 2 days ago, love it so far. Much bigger than expected, good road performance with the CVT, it just takes some time getting used to the no shifting thing, lock out the OD in hilly sections and enjoy the ride. While more features would be nice the cost of the car was quite reasonable for the quality. I needed a new commuter car because my 1999 subaru forester with 140K miles was about to die and the new forester seemed very cheap feeling, tried the crv (great car) but it all came down to price. While not looking forward to the first real snow it will be interesting to experience the worst nj can throw at this car.

Rogue - Good Choice
By D C on 11/26/08 19:53 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in 2001 Mazda Tribute V6 gas hog & purchased a new Rogue, loaded. To date, it's been really good (2,800 mi). CVT is smooth & responsive. Interior is quiet, comfortable and a great layout. Leather seats are extremely comfortable. Engine is responsive & plenty quick for highway access. We tested many vehicles & for us, found the Rogue to be the best all around choice. A lot more room for people but a little less storage space, which is perfect 'cause 85% of the time we carry people... but still had no problem loading a boxed 46 in. TV!

Wind noise problem
By jar on 11/17/08 13:08 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Like the size and outside design of the car. Fuel economy is good. MAJOR wind problem driving over 70 mph on highway. Howling and screaming wind noise comes from both sides of the front windshield. Have taken it in twice to add foam sealer. Nissan Corp said the noise was "acceptable". We also own a Honda CRV which has a super quiet ride. Would not recommend the Rogue.

Nice, but other better options
By mike654 on 11/16/08 20:53 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I found the interior ergonomics of this vehicle to be quite annoying. The window\doorlock switches on the door armrest sits a few inches too far back and cannot be operated without lifting your arm off of the door rest and reaching back. The side view mirror adjustment switch is literally under the dashboard and requires you to lean forward to operate. The lever to slide the seat forward and back is too far down and recessed. Visibility out of the rear window is worse than most because the window is smaller, slanted, and the rear of the vehicle is higher than driver's position. Cargo room is smaller than RAV4 or Outlander. I have owned other Nissans and loved them, but not the Rogue.

Love the Rogue!
By Jill on 11/16/08 11:18 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I dumped a 2004 Audi A4 that had given me constant trouble. I still wanted something fun to drive that got great gas mileage but not so pricey or high maintenance. Did a lot of research and chose the Rogue. I drive 18-20k miles a year and need something reliable and comfortable. Having owned a Camry, Maxima and A4, this my favorite. Excellent gas mileage (25-31 mpg), fun to drive, comfortable, and looks great. I was concerned about the CVT after constant problems with the Audi CVT but so far it has been fine. For a small SUV it's unbelievable how much it holds. I tailgate at football games and am able to fit the whole setup, luggage, and 3 passengers comfortably on 6 hour road trips. Love it!

Recommend it to Everyone
By Kelly on 11/12/08 18:19 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Nissan Rogue. It's a great sporty car, that has plenty of room for me and all of my friends, but it definitely isn't a gas guzzler. It drives nice, looks great and gets great gas mileage. In my opinion it is definitely the best crossover that I test drove and I'm so glad I decided on the Rogue. I was concerned that it was only a 4 cylinder but it has great pick up and I don't miss my old V6 one bit. I would recommend this car to everyone, it's fantastic!

Love my Rogue
By John on 11/05/08 21:05 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my ford escape for the Rogue. We just got back from a trip of 5000 miles from Az to Fla and back averaged 30.2 mpg, very comfortable to drive. Easy to get in and out. Controls handy, love the paddle shifters, Bose stereo is great! My wife loves the large glove compartment. Engine has plenty of power and the CVT works great.

Love this car
By Providence on 10/31/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am absolutely in love with this car. It drives amazing. I love having an SUV. I went from a 2005 altima to an 08 rogue and i love love love this car. I even have my boyfriend who has an infiniti loving it- and he's a automotive "snob" jk he's not but he like his performance vehicles. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Rogue Runner
By Howard on 10/24/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had vehicle about 2 months and satisfied. Was concerned about the CVT but so far no problem. Drove up to Yellowstone and back and got an amazing 34 mpg. Usually get about 26-27 driving around our local area. Paid between 25 and 26K for a loaded awd SL. Leather, Bose, sunroof, Intellikey etc. Very comfortable and large enough to do the job but small enough to be fuel efficient. We have a 3/4 ton 4WD suburban also but it only gets about 13-14 mpg so it sits in the back yard most of the time now. I have been a Honda liker and tried the CRV. Did not like the way the CRV handled, it seemed rather squirrelly to me at highway speeds whereas the Rogue runs straight and true.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.