Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Pat

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Its a pleasure to own this vehicle it rides well accelerates smoothly handles great around corners and handles well in snow. I have had some minor issues with the low tire indicator, outdoor temp sensor but thats it. I have put a lot of miles on it by making lots of trips and its been a great car. Gas mileage is great i have averaged up tp 29mpg at 75mph.

Love the shift paddles on the steering wheel as well as the bluetooth setup. the powered moonroof is great.

I cant recommend any improvements.

Rogue Saved My Life Today!
By Monica

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in an accident today and I have to say that my Rogue held up well. I was T-boned by a Big GMC Yukon that hit me at about 40mph. While the doors did suffer lots of damage, the side air bags saved my son and me from getting lots of glass in our face. Overall we got away with a few bumps and bruises. Thanks to my Rogue!

CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS!!!!, BOSE sound system, exterior design.

ignition problems (fixed), Lots of road noise. More padding on seats.

Rogue Rocks!
By Navyman

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years and have put 47,000 miles on it.I drive every day 120 miles to work and back in norhtern Colorado where we get all types of weather snow, rain. heat etc.This vehicle has been nothing short of outstanding.I never worry about the heavy snow, rain, wind or anything on my way to work.I am as comfortable in the Rogue as I am in my Camry or my Altima.I have taken it on long trips in excess of 1400 miles and have loved the performance,gas mileage up to 30 miles per gallon(avg 28.4 overall for city and highway, ) This vehicle was assembled in Japan and the Nissan quality and craftsmanship show.The Tires are Continental and have 47,000 miles on them and are like new!

Seating, sunroof is really quiet,power of the engine and quick response. Great gas mileage. This vehicle is tops for being quiet when traveling - you can carry n a normal voice level conversation in the car. Blue Tooth rocks!

Rear window is very small which leads to visibility problems when backing. I put on a wide vision rear view mirror to help compensate for visibility problems

terrible
By jessica hebert

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

i have been having this car for a year and a half. So far i have replaced the transmission the sun roof and now the radiator. they told me that besides the transmission this is normal wear and tear and that i am over reacting!! i have news for them ! No car not even 2 years old should be giving any trouble much less the transmission ! I will never buy a nissan again !

drives well

everything under the hood and the sunroof

Good value & options for the money!
By KC

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We average 24-25 MPG in mostly city driving, 26-27 on the interstate at approx 73 MPH!! Excellent! We test drove the RAV4 and CRV for comparison. The Rogue rides and drives better. The seats are more comfortable and the ride not as still as the others.

Design, ride, options on SL model including sunroof, luggage rack and 6 CD changer we have.

The back window is smaller than similar vehicle but the side mirrors are decent size and you get used to using your side mirrors as well as your rear view mirror. NOT a problem!