2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:
Real Deal on Rogue
By Kevin on 01/20/09 05:12 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's a nice vehicle but here are the bad things. Heat takes about 10 minutes til you can turn it on, anytime you turn on the climate controls it defaults to air conditioning (the most annoying feature). If you have the Bo speaker system, your subwoofer is mounted on top of the spare tire, so be prepared to take that off when you are broken down on the side of the road. Other then that I like everything else on the car, I know one review said it doesn't have fog lights but mine does, took me awhile to find them. Headlights are also adjustable if they look dim. Upgraded sound system sounds awesome, and it has XM radio! Dealer, Salesman and bestbuy guy that installed my XM all didn't know it.

Very poor performance in bad weather
By VERY BAD TIRES!! on 01/18/09 11:42 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nice looking & comfortable riding car in general. However, had lots of problems with indicator lights, air bag warning system, within the first few months of owning the car. Had to bring it back to the dealer for repairs many times. Also going through my first winter in MA with the car and already in two months had several near accidents and then recently skidded into a guard rail while only driving 25 mph. The tires are inferior with VERY POOR performance. Warning... check your tires and be very careful driving with them.

Rogue . . . So-So
By MPATTER on 01/04/09 10:53 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been driving my Rogue for 3 wks. now. It has a comfortable ride, but the int. ergonomics are terrible. I believe it must have been designed for someone with the arm length of a veloco-raptor. The window switches are set back about 4 inches too far. The center armrest is also back too far. The cup holders are too close together and are also set back a bit far. The side mirrors are nice and large. This is good because the rear window is the same size as the rear view mirror. Performance wise, it is not bad. Smooth ride, with OK pickup for a 4 cyl. engine. It does have an unusual resonance when at 40 MPH. Must be the CVT trying to find a sweet spot. MPG is between 21-23.5

Beautiful Car
By mark on 01/03/09 22:10 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded a Mercury Cougar for My Rogue and so far I love it! The car is beautiful and a joy to drive. The sound system is first rate and I love having satellite radio and will actually keep it after the trial period. The cargo area is big and roomy. I wish a car cover would have come with the car. I have no garage and want to keep it pristine because I plan to keep it for a long time. So I am saving for a car cover!

Rogue over CRV and RAV4
By Lynn C. on 01/03/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I reviewed the CRV, RAV4 and Rogue. I owned a Honda for 10 yrs, my husband likes Toyota.I talked to people with Nissan's and got good feedback. I LOVE my Rogue! I get 24.6 mpg. I love the heated seats. It is easy to maneuver in parking spaces and has great pick up on the highway. I tend to drive fast (75-80) and it doesn't shake or hesitate at that speed, runs smooth and relatively quiet. The Bose sound system is awesome. The only negative I have about the Rogue is the rear visibility. It's hard to see when backing up. The slant on the rear window, plus it's small size makes it hard to see behind you. I'm getting used to using the side mirrors. I recommend the Rogue!

My First SUV
By Judith on 01/02/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I saw the Rogue on my way home from work and I knew that was the vehicle I wanted. I had my previous car for 12 years, through two or three transmission, two car accidents (one not my fault). My husband kept asking me to please buy a new car, but I couldn't because I didn't see one I wanted to buy, until I saw the Rogue through the glass window of the bus I was riding home on. It's quick, fun and easy to drive, but doesn't feel like a big bulky SUV at all. The only problem I had was finding a comfortable seat position. If I sat too close to the steering wheel, I felt cramped. If I sat too far away, I couldn't reach the peddles. I finally found a good position. I love my Rogue.

Very pleased with purchase
By Rich on 12/17/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to wait a bit before writing a review to see how well the Rogue held up. I bought it in February 2008 and it now has about 18,000 miles on it. I'm very pleased to report that I have not had to return it to the dealer for any reason. I was a little nervous purchasing a 4 cylinder, but the Rogue's CVT has performed very well and I'm quite comfortable pulling into traffic, even with the A/C on. The Rogue is remarkably quiet cruising on a high speed interstate. I've been pleased with the gas mileage and it has improved about 2 mpg overall since it was new. My driving is a mix of highway, city and county roads (45mph). I seem to get about 26 mpg doing that and 29 all highway.

Best "economy" car
By Lex on 12/14/08 18:02 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Previously I drove a 2000 Honda Civic. And Rogue just blew me away, and I did compare it to Rav4 and Honda CRV. It is comfortable to drive for long distance trips. Its acceleration is great. Internal compartments are well thought out: large glove compartment, deep driver's box, upper compartment, etc. It has the amenities of a luxury car (well, almost). Trip calculator, mp3 port, front and back windshield heater, etc. Mileage, however, is not great for city drive. But with cheap gas prices now, I only spend $26 (it was $55) every 220 miles. For long trips, I could get 330 miles

Wonderful
By ROGUE RUNNER on 12/13/08 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rogue. It is fun to drive. I see people turning heads when I drive by. It has a very smooth ride. It handles very well. I feel very comfortable driving this SUV. The gas mileage is definitely a great asset. I would recommend this car to everyone. I think this is the best purchase I have every made. Thanks Nissan:)

A great ride
By adventure girl on 12/07/08 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been pure pleasure. I was disappointed with the pricey option packages, but the car has been a treat. I've carried 5 people on 2-3 hour long drives in comfort. The cargo room is a little tight, but I've never been lacking. The car is fun to drive and responsive, the design is sleek and the interior is very comfortable. It's perfect to load on my kayak, bikes or snow shoes. The Rogue has been my adventure companion!