Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Can be fun to drive but no more for me
By david Hovland

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Altho there are several good things about this car there are several annoying items.First, when driving this car on a bright sunny day when you look from the road to the speedometer all you see is a black circle. Even with headlights on at dusk there is no illumination. Second it takes a strong guy to raise the hood. No help from lifters, muscle & drop a rod into a hole to hold it up.And it came with a battery that is not maintenance free. buy some distilled h2o. And the air/heater system is horrible. Can't get cool air thru vents as air is heated by engine before entering car. Therefore a/c compressor on most of time. Sorry I ever bought this beast. Hope I saved someone else from my mistake.

Favorite Features

fuel mileage in city. 21 Disappointing on hiway as 25.5 best I can get I could do that good with my previous Chrysler with 235 HP v6.Nice size glove box. Keyless entry system very handy. Pwr windows work very well. Good quality fabric on seats.Plenty of power for city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Light up the instrument panel like the 2010 Murronow.Install maintenance free battery.Design a fuel,engine temp, fuel mileage computer,outside temp. odometer what gear your in and other things I forgot, that is not in an orange glowing circle about 1.5 in. in diameter. Place the power mirror adj. /c

AS PRACTICAL AS YOU CAN GET....
By weena09

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love the Rogue - very comfortable for longs drives, lots of leg room, large trunk space (great for pets, groceries and luggage). We definitely recommend a sunroof because it makes the interior feel more spacious. Great on gas, safe in snow/icey conditions, overall very reliable and practical crossover SUV! Cheaper to buy 1-2 years used then to lease new :)

Favorite Features

Sunroof, black cloth seats don't pick up too much lint, roof rails, AWD, splash guards, silver trim on model.

Suggested Improvements

Factory 6 disc CD changer built in dash on SL AWD models....this model only comes with single CD player.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By Pat

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Its a pleasure to own this vehicle it rides well accelerates smoothly handles great around corners and handles well in snow. I have had some minor issues with the low tire indicator, outdoor temp sensor but thats it. I have put a lot of miles on it by making lots of trips and its been a great car. Gas mileage is great i have averaged up tp 29mpg at 75mph.

Favorite Features

Love the shift paddles on the steering wheel as well as the bluetooth setup. the powered moonroof is great.

Suggested Improvements

I cant recommend any improvements.

Rogue Saved My Life Today!
By Monica

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in an accident today and I have to say that my Rogue held up well. I was T-boned by a Big GMC Yukon that hit me at about 40mph. While the doors did suffer lots of damage, the side air bags saved my son and me from getting lots of glass in our face. Overall we got away with a few bumps and bruises. Thanks to my Rogue!

Favorite Features

CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS!!!!, BOSE sound system, exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

ignition problems (fixed), Lots of road noise. More padding on seats.

Rogue Rocks!
By Navyman

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Rogue for 2 years and have put 47,000 miles on it.I drive every day 120 miles to work and back in norhtern Colorado where we get all types of weather snow, rain. heat etc.This vehicle has been nothing short of outstanding.I never worry about the heavy snow, rain, wind or anything on my way to work.I am as comfortable in the Rogue as I am in my Camry or my Altima.I have taken it on long trips in excess of 1400 miles and have loved the performance,gas mileage up to 30 miles per gallon(avg 28.4 overall for city and highway, ) This vehicle was assembled in Japan and the Nissan quality and craftsmanship show.The Tires are Continental and have 47,000 miles on them and are like new!

Favorite Features

Seating, sunroof is really quiet,power of the engine and quick response. Great gas mileage. This vehicle is tops for being quiet when traveling - you can carry n a normal voice level conversation in the car. Blue Tooth rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Rear window is very small which leads to visibility problems when backing. I put on a wide vision rear view mirror to help compensate for visibility problems