Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I love Nissan!!
By Sarah

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Rogue when it first came out. I have been researching crossovers for the last year or so and for the money, the Rogue was the best deal. I couldn't ask for anything better as far as gas mileage goes. I average about 26 city and 30 highway. I love the amount of room in the back seats. I'm 5'11(with most of that being legs) and for once my knees aren't up to my chin while riding. Love the exterior and CVT. I really think I got the best deal for my buck and wouldn't trade my Rogue for anything! Except for maybe a new Rogue.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo system hands down my favorite feature on this vehicle. I love that I can just pop in my IPOD without using that big clunky hook up to your am/fm radio thingy that connects to the IPOD.

Suggested Improvements

At this point, the only thing is pickup when trying to get up to speed, it's kinda sluggish.

Well worth the money
By colleen

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 6 months, I'm writing a review. I still believe this was the best purchase I've ever made. I still love this car, the interior, the CVT, the comfort, the stereo... well everything! I believe this is a must have vehicle!

Favorite Features

Stereo, those little rope hooks hidden in the trunk, secret compartments under the floormat, the sturdy frame, the vents turn and adjusts up and down, easy access to cruise control, multiple interior lights.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas tank, bigger side windows for visibility, brighter trunk light, back up camera (wishful thinking but its hard to see). That's it!

2006 RAV 4 vs 2008 Rogue
By pitkeys

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Having had a RAV 4 V/6 Sport and now a Rogue SL AWD (with Premium pkg): 1) Rogue rides much better, not as "busy" as the RAV. Handles tighter. Wind noise seems much less at 65-70 MPH in Rogue. Road noise also. Rogue much better in crosswinds. 2) RAV accelerates faster, both from standing start and highway pass, but Rogue isn't at all lazy. 3) MPG on Rogue is better. 33 avg on first three tanks in Rogue vs 27 in 30k miles in RAV. 4) Rogue seats more comfortable, more supportive on sides and lumbar areas.

Favorite Features

Comfort, CVT, paddles.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear visibility. Much better OEM tires (our Conti 4x4 Contacts had only 6/32 at delivery of 19 miles!)

Somewhat disappointed
By Rogueguy

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Transmission had to be replaced after only 8,000 miles. Hope it gets put back without any "new" service provided surprises. Some road noise. I'll try undercoating. Good ride and handling. Fuel economy better than advertised. 26 MPG overall. 32 mpg at 55 mph, 28 at 70 mph. I believe that there is enough power to slow engine to 2000 rpm at 70 mph and improve highway milage with CVT. Rear visibility is a problem. Wide angle stick ons on outside mirror helps. Some engine and air conditioning compressor noise.

Favorite Features

Driving & handling. Good economy.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth disappointing in that noise interfered with conversation. Telescoping steering wheel as in Murano would be helpful when seat back for taller drivers.

Best crossover on the market in many ways
By Steven

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven 986 miles and car performed exceptionally well. CVT gives very smooth and comfortable ride, especially at traffic jams, "stop and go". Brakes are excellent. Seats are comfortable, dash is elegant looking. This is SL AWD version with all the possible options except leather seats. The combination of the utility, AWD, fuel economy, outlooking, overall quality and smart design were the selling points for me. I'm getting 30 mpg with a/c on on most of the time during a trip to Pennsylvania during long Memorial weekend. Today I just found I had 23.8 mpg on my second tank of gas with mixed heavy local traffic and highway driving. Excellent crossover, excellent.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, Bose stereo system, intelligent keyless entry and ignition, amazing comfort. Classy design that other crossovers lack. Interior features, all the controls on the steering wheel, sunroof, exterior design and the bright white headlight. V4, AWD, mpg, relative cheaper price - awesome crossover.

Suggested Improvements

The visual field is very good. There are no dead spots when you combine all three mirrors, rear view mirror and two on the outside. However it may make some people feel comfortable if it is equipped with back camera which I don't think necessary. Automatic lights would be nice.