Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Excellent and fun to drive!
By Hawk's Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a very fun to drive crossover SUV. Bose system. Smooth and refined. Good handling. Strong brakes. Swift 4 cylinder, the Rogue is faster than all 4cyl SUVs. Good fuel economy. Excellent build quality. Decent quality interior. Fat steering wheel with controls. Over 15,000 miles and absolutely no issues. Quiet. It's so smooth running, almost mimicking an electric motor.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride and good handling. Brakes. Bose system. Steering wheels controls. Quiet interior. Big glove box and center storage.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more cubby holes up front. Rear armrest. Rear sensors for parking or better rearward visibility. All options should be available on 2wd or 4wd. Increase the size a small amount.

Rogue - nice tool around town CUV
By jekcartalk2

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 1200 miles the car is avg 26.1 MPG which is one of the reasons we bought this CUV. The ride is good for such a small CUV. Downsized from a 03 MDX. Overall the car is fun to drive, smooth CVT (do not use paddle shifters), the displays and controls are located in logical areas. The leather seats are comfortable, the sound system is more than adequate.

Favorite Features

Nice design in and out, steering wheel controls, Xenon headlights, comfortable leather seats, Bluetooth, most of the premium/leather package stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat/mirror, tele steering wheel, rear back up sensors a must, side molding, better center display for gas gauge etc., auto lights, climate control, at least as options.

Buy one too!
By Happy in Ohio

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased on Sat, and love it. I was looking for something smaller, better gas mileage (have Toyota Highlander, which is a great SUV too). The Rogue looks impressive, and it is fun to drive, handles beautifully. I bought the Silver Ice, SL AWD, leather, premium package and moonroof. I'm looking for driving around town! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose 6 disc sound system, leather seats, Intelligent Entry, price

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas cap and move to driver side. Better lighting in rear hatch. Side molding.

Great Upgrade
By pod

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a new 2008 SL AWD (w/premium & leather, and sunroof) 15 days ago and love it. This is my first Nissan - I traded in my 2001 Ford Escape. I was worried about downsizing to a 4 cyl from a 6, but the Rogue has more than enough power. The CVT provides smooth acceleration and the suspension makes the Rogue's ride car-like and way smoother than my Escape. The sporty-sleek exterior styling made several neighbors stop over to check out this Nissan. I am getting over 26 MPG with 70% of my already 900+ mi coming from Chicago toll-ways (most are under construction).

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, the intelligent-keyless system, hands free blue-tooth phone, steering wheel controls, exterior sytling, interior leather seats and trim, Xenon head-lights. Good price for great features.

Suggested Improvements

A few more center console storage slots would be nice. It took a while but I am now used to the Rogue's small-ish rear window.

Not a Rogue
By Lperry

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a chevy tahoe thought I would hate it. The Rogue handles better and has almost the same power to weight. So far city mpg is 26-27, hiway mpg is 25-26 @ 70-80 mph. we live miles down an unpaved road and it handles the rough rock road better than our truck. Thought I needed the manual shift option for the large hills, but I only use it to hotrod around tight corners. The CVT works great

Favorite Features

Bose system, ground clearance, sports car like handling, city mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Ugly front end. Con 4x4 tires are noisy on some roads.