Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Sorry we bought this!!
By Pat Evans

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this car thinking we would never have another new car since we are retired and getting old and wont be driving that many years. The wind noise in this car is so bad we can't talk. We have taken it back to dealer any number of times. First they said Nissan was working on the problems and to come back in a month, we did that, after 3 trips to dealership we are getting that is a characteristic of this car and nothing can be done about it. We are very unhappy with the way we have been treated. I am really not just an old woman trying to grip, we do have a problem and can not get any one to help us. All I can say don't buy a Nissan Rouge, it is a waste of good money.

Favorite Features

Easy parking.

Better than Expected!
By TALL IN THE SADDLE

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this Rogue on Dec 1st, as a company vehicle. I drive on many rural roads as a sales rep, so needed good clearance & the AWD is great. I was used to V6 engines, so it took a bit to get used to the 4 cylinder. I think the CVT is great. I average about 25-26 MPG, when driving normally. If I really drive it hard (80 MPH) on the interstate, mileage drops to 22-23. I like everything about it except the visibility out the rear window. I guess that's why they put mirrors on vehicles. The wheel design on the SL model seems to hold snow & mud that freezes in the winter causing vibrations like the wheels are out of balance as well. Not a problem now that summer is here.

Favorite Features

Sitting up high, Bose stereo, CVT, heated seats, & lumbar support. Pretty quiet for a small SUV, and good mileage considering the AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window design, wheels hold snow & mud, that freezes in winter causing vehicle vibrations. Need to change wheel design on SL.

Gotta Try the Rogue
By rdallas

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had owned two Altimas before purchasing the Rogue. I enjoyed my Altimas - never had any trouble, but the Rogue is a BLAST! I purchased the SL with moonroof, wind deflector, Bose with the dark interior. The Rogue has a luxury look to it and drives as good as it looks. Very happy with my purchase!!!

Favorite Features

Bose XM stereo! Love the air conditioner vents AND the dashboard display at night is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

SL options - shouldn't have to purchase the leather option to get Bluetooth and electric seats. Would like my gas door to lock.

FROM MAXIMA TO ROGUE
By DOUG

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded my wife's 2007 Maxima se on a Rogue. Reason was the ability to use regular fuel. I had hoped to get better fuel mileage but didn't really believe that I would. The Rogue is a nice little vehicle. My wife misses the power and handling of the Maxima but she likes the Rogue. She has 5,000 miles on it already, and has averaged 26.4 mpg. Not bad. She likes the bluetooth and I like the Bose. The CVT takes getting used to. When we bought the 2007 Maxima I thought that I would never get to like the transmission. But after a while it grew on us (we put 48,000 miles on the Maxima) the rogue could use a locking gas door in these times, and a way to open the hatch from the drivers seat. Over all we like it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, and the Bose sound system. Also like the handling.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas cap door, and a way to open the hatch from the drivers seat. As always better fuel mileage would be great. It gets no better mileage than the last 5 Maximas we have owned. But it does use regular fuel.

An easy choice
By Krup

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was a 15 year Jeep owner. Every 5 years I would ramble into the Jeep dealership and buy my new jeep. No longer. The Rogue won this time over all the Jeeps and other competition on gas mileage, price and looks. This CUV is smooth, quiet and very sharp.

Favorite Features

Red stitching on black leather seating looks great. Instrument lighting is cool. Very good mileage 23.5 in city and 28+ on the freeway. Paddle shifters are fun. Bluetooth is great. Lumbar support with leather package. Bose 8 speaker sound system is very nice. I will love heated seats in North Ohio.

Suggested Improvements

Backing up sensors should be on all vehicles. Driver's side door handle hits my knee from time to time. Larger computer center so reading MPG and miles to empty, etc., would be easier. That's it... it's a very nice ride.